Anyone Else Feel ripped off?

Kailon791

While playing through this game and completing the side missions and acquiring the upgrades, i can't help but notice that this is literally nothing more than a re-skinned version of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. The moves are the same and many of the side missions are the same; anyone else feel kinda ripped off that they couldnt do anything more than take a game they already made and put it out again? Hopefully Prototype 2 will be better.... I really liked the game and the story was great, just wish the gameplay had been a little more original.

oh yeah, not saying i didnt like it, because i loved the game; i just felt kinda cheated that it was just a reskin but i really liked it and can't wait for Prototype 2. And there was quite a bit different too. I think Hulk would be a lot more badass if he could put on cool armor and turn his arm into a huge blade.... advantage: Alex Mercer haha

• 2 months later...
While playing through this game and completing the side missions and acquiring the upgrades, i can't help but notice that this is literally nothing more than a re-skinned version of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. The moves are the same and many of the side missions are the same; anyone else feel kinda ripped off that they couldnt do anything more than take a game they already made and put it out again? Hopefully Prototype 2 will be better.... I really liked the game and the story was great, just wish the gameplay had been a little more original.

did u come from gamespot, i saw the exact same post over there, why does everyone have to compare what the game is , or resembles, do ppl say little big planet is a copy of mario,do ppl say infamous is a copy of prototype, do ppl say saints row is like gta, just play the damm game dude

Well, as a guy who played the hell out of the Hulk game, I can back up the OP. I noticed from the first trailers for Prototype that the movement and destructive moves reminded me of Ultimate Destruction, and sure enough it's the same developers. They couldn't even set it in a different city.

However, I loved that game, and so I'm about to grab a used Prototype on ebay. Would never pay full price, but I've got no problem with developers recycling some code. For all you first-person shooter fans: you realize you're playing a hundred versions of the same game, right? They bore the shit outta me: I'm shooting Nazis...I'm shooting Zombies... 'm shooting Nazi Zombies. Whatever; talk about same game different skin.

Edited by daishichi

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This game hardly felt like a rip-off, granted I didn't play Hulk: Ultimate Destruction the thread starter mentioned. I always found there was something fun to do, if not a building to dive from or a base to assault. Very much looking forward to Prototype 2, glad to see multiplayer of any stripe is nowhere to be found.

• 4 weeks later...

For 14.99; no tax and free shipping...I don't feel at all ripped off

http://www.lusogamer.com/live/mafia_2/gamercard_nxe/STONE%20DEVIL.png[/url]

• 3 months later...