Spartan Ops Boosting Out of Control?

McNabFish

So I'm sure everyone knows about the massive amount of credits you can gain from Spartan Ops, but I never thought it would get as ridiculous as this guy?

He had 19,315 kills in Spartan Ops, yet 6k in Matchmaking. Surely he can't be enjoying the game playing the same missions over and over o_0

http://i45.tinypic.com/qrmzyg.jpg

He had 19,315 kills in Spartan Ops, yet 6k in Matchmaking. Surely he can't be enjoying the game playing the same missions over and over o_0

Edited by McNabFish

So I'm sure everyone knows about the massive amount of credits you can gain from Spartan Ops, but I never thought it would get as ridiculous as this guy?

How do you know he/she isn't enjoying the game? What business is it of yours anyway? Is it directly affecting you? I highly doubt it is. Once he starts glitching or gamesaving, yeah, then it would be a problem. Until he/she does, why the hell do you care how they play the game? Jesus.

How do you know he/she isn't enjoying the game? What business is it of yours anyway? Is it directly affecting you? I highly doubt it is. Once he starts glitching or gamesaving, yeah, then it would be a problem. Until he/she does, why the hell do you care how they play the game? Jesus.

Wow someone has some sand in their vagina. Have a nap, it'll stop you being so cranky...

I enjoy playing through the same Sp-Ops mission, just feels like playing Firefight with objectives, though I'm nowhere near as high leveled as that guy (curse the lack of double exp in the UK).

I didn't think the double xp token worked on Spartan Ops? I honestly don't know for sure.

Either way, I enjoy Spartan Ops and War Games, and I have played both a fair share. I can't say I really like how much more XP you get in Spartan Ops vs in War Games though. Especially with the fact that it doesn't matter how many times you die in Spartan Ops. You just keep coming back. It should be a little harder. More consequences.

Wow someone has some sand in their vagina. Have a nap, it'll stop you being so cranky...

How is he "cranky"? Each and every one of his questions posed to you are legitimate and completely relevant to this thread you've created; Heaven forbid he find your self-perceived ridiculousness of the situation silly.

People back during Halo: Reach's release days tried to claim players' boosting of Gruntpocalypse were ridiculous and extremely unfair; you can imagine that each and every attempt to label those types of players as such were immediately shut down and made irrelevant.

In the mean time, I suggest you take the time to answer bLaKgRaVy's questions and maybe come to the conclusion that perhaps it's you who's ridiculous here.

Yes, yes. Deflect. That's it. You're the one in charge around here! Be aggressive! Get mad! Show them who's boss! Don't let them see your hurt. Embrace the anger Anakin!

In the mean time, I suggest you take the time to answer bLaKgRaVy's questions and maybe come to the conclusion that perhaps it's you who's ridiculous here.

NO! Don't listen to him! Only I can help you save your posting career and Padme! I have lightning hands!

Is it really that big of a problem though? He probably sucks massive balls in MM against REAL people so it's really only to your benefit that he plays Spartan OPS 24/7.

Just like in Reach, people saw an Inheritor and went crazy, I just saw a guy who had played Firefight only and therefore was completely inferior to me in matchmaking. I stopped playing Reach as my primary game in October 2011, at that point I was the second highest rank with less than 1% of my totalt gametime being Firefight. Needless to say, those who mostly played FF didn't stand a chance against me when it came to matchmaking.

I'm getting the same thing in H4, whenever I see a player above SR70 I look at their Service Record and sure enough, they've played Spartan Ops much more than War Games and I then proceed to make them go 5-20 before they ragequit.

So once again, it's only to your benefit if people play stuff that doesn't improve their skill, while your's gets improved from playing War Games only.

Inb4 shitstorm calling me a "elitist".

Speaking of sandy vaginas, you sound like you've done a bit too much bareback on the beach yourself.

I played the shit out of firefight in reach. I probably never would've gone for inheritor if I hadn't already made forerunner by the time I onyx'd grounded and finished my 100% commendations. Oh yeah, and I spent 150 hours boosting my matchmaking commendations in Invasion because I was obsessed with having 100%. It didn't affect anyone else's game so I see nothing wrong with it. And guess what? I still had a respectable k/d in regular non-boosted matchmaking, around 1.9-2.0 IIRC. I shut many a player up that tried to talk smack about my boosting when they saw my Invasion k/d in pregame lobbies.

Moral of the story? Mind that log in your own eye before you point out the speck of sawdust in your neighbor's eye.

Edited by lifeexpectancy

I would say let people do what they want. Who says that you have to play multiplayer...i mean yes almost 20K kills is a lot for spartan ops but what if he wanted to beat each spartan ops on each level of difficulty.

I mean if he did that he would have more than 20K kills...some people like to fully beat something and then move on. Maybe this guys like to plan and play spartan ops instead of MP.

It would be like complaining about a guy who spent 50 hours playing the campaign and then only 5 hours playing MP.

I play competitive and usually get the most kills or 2nd most so I don't think it has anything to do with skill for me just the desire to unlock all the specializations. Also MP games can be stressful so it's nice to chill out with Spartan Ops. Firefight was awesome in Reach, a lot of fun. I guess it all comes down to what you prefer to play the most.

So far I've done all Spartan Ops Ep.1-4 Legendary by myself and Heroic online.

Edited by StarsRPD

I would say let people do what they want. Who says that you have to play multiplayer...i mean yes almost 20K kills is a lot for spartan ops but what if he wanted to beat each spartan ops on each level of difficulty.

I mean if he did that he would have more than 20K kills...some people like to fully beat something and then move on. Maybe this guys like to plan and play spartan ops instead of MP.

I played each mission twice (heroic and legendary) and have 2k kills, just as a scale.

No no no bro, you are clearly the one with a pegina here. You made a thread to complain about how someone else enjoys video games in a way different from you, and has subsequently acheived a higher rank than you. You sound like a crybaby. So he plays video games to much, get over it. If your on this forum you probably play to much too. Maybe he just likes getting double xp on a 6k game of ops opposed to a 3k game of MP. Either way, mind your damn business, you sound like a women.

As a great man once said: "Haters gon' hate"

I dont really care. its his thing. It give him no advantage over me in any mp game. I too loved playing firefight in reach. IT was a blast. One thing about halo is you can play lots of different things to rank up. Gives people options. Too me it would get boring playing ops all the time. And the xp from dew does not work in spec ops. Just mp.

I dont really care. its his thing. It give him no advantage over me in any mp game. I too loved playing firefight in reach. IT was a blast. One thing about halo is you can play lots of different things to rank up. Gives people options. Too me it would get boring playing ops all the time. And the xp from dew does not work in spec ops. Just mp.

Double xp does work for spartan ops, giving around 12-13k xp.

I feel clarification is needed. You can only use double xp in spartan ops MATCHMAKING. If you just start a game by yourself or with friends you can not use double xp. Spartan ops matchmaking will fill you out a team of four and will be on heroic every time. Unless you kick back and let everyone else do all the work, you should get 5-6k exp, 10-12k with dbl xp. Since a heroic spartan ops takes about as long as a game of slayer, and you have no chance of losing, it is definitely a better option to burn up your double xp games.

Why double 2-3k for a 5 minute period when you can double 5-6k in the same time frame? The only downside is that spartan ops matchmaking is only available for the current weeks episode, so if you have more than 5 double xp games for the week youll have to do some missions twice or waste the double xp on multiplayer.