Fifa 12 and Hacked Gamertag Accounts

Tyger7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I received an email to change my password, and another saying the investigation is complete. So I called the 15th and got it settled by the 18th. I didn't have any down time from Xbox Live except for when it randomly booted me and I had to recover my gamertag a few times. I wasn't sure if that was someone else trying to get back in my account or if it was Xbox Live (though one time it was very late hours when they aren't open). That was extremely fast, a lot faster than what I have heard.

• Check to see if your gamertag was changed while your account was out of your control. If your gamertag was changed, we’ll give you 800 Microsoft Points so that you can change your gamertag back to what it was originally, or choose a new gamertag.

• Our investigation revealed that purchases were made while your account was out of your control. We refunded 0 to your account and added 2200 Microsoft Points to your account. Credits can take up to 1-2 billing cycles to appear on your credit card billing statement.

Step 4: Play on! Enjoy a free extension to your Xbox LIVE membership

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. To make up for lost gaming time, we’d like to extend the time on your Xbox LIVE membership by giving you the following prepaid code:

****-JQTD6-R982F-6DM43-D6738 1 Mo Live Gold

****-742KQ-6H83K-YTB9Y-KMJPJ 2100 MS Points

****-6Q8BK-RCB4W-WRHJK-K3TQ6 100 MS Points

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used twitter to attempt contacting EA and I also contacted xbox support on twitter. They told me they are aware of the problem and that customer security is very important to them. I asked then why not take down the DLC that is causing this mess and I was told to contact EA about it. EA seems very hard to email or online chat with. I couldn't find an answer. I then told them how Xbox, Zune, Netflix, Hulu+, and Windows Phone 7 is kind of a lot to be down a month and that the free month I might be given will be nothing to me since it's not linked between the 3 and doesn't contain my gamerscore. They didn't have much to say to that. I am thinking of calling them back and telling them I'd like to not have my account investigated and that the 28 dollars taken is not worth the cost of being disabled from the media I use often. My auto renew for my gold membership expires on Jan 22. I don't know what I'll do.

I'm going to make a dedicated thread for this specific topic. I had my account compromised today and all of my points spent on Jumbo Packs. Please reply to this thread if you have been a victim. Some of what I say is opinion and will change day to day as I hear/research more information.

How do I know if I got hacked?

You will realize it easily when you spot Fifa 12 on your card and you have never played it. You will have 15 points in it most likely. You may also receive emails saying you bought a Family Account and have purchased Microsoft points.

How/Why did I get hacked?

This is still under debate. From this point, it's still undetermined on what exactly is happening. Is it EA's fault, Microsoft's, or both? The reason it's being done is usually so your account can be sold to someone else over the internet. We are still waiting for a real answer though. There are many guesses, but it's not worth even trying to figure out. The fact is, it's happening. It's not a phishing scam or too weak of passwords. It's happening to many people. The good news is it seems to only happen once to each person.

What will EA do about it?

Nothing. They will just tell you to change your password. They will point you to Microsoft because they have their money and they won't be giving it back. They won't shut down their servers, they won't discontinue their DLC, and they won't investigate it for you. They will deny it is a problem. The website doesn't list anything in the help section nor does it provide you with much "contact" information. It's extremely difficult to contact them at all unless it's about an Origin account. They prove to have a horrible website in which you can't change your credentials as far as I could tell.

What will Microsoft do about it?

They know about this but they say it's rare. They won't have any answers. They will still ask if you gave out your info to anyone. You will have your account locked and they will get back to you within a month. If you spent thousands of dollars and hours into your Xbox, they don't care. You'll be lucky if they give you a free month of Xbox live. I talked to two people and both failed to lock my account and neither gave me a free month. Specifically the first one. I had all my points yet, none were spent. He "locked" my account and within an hour they were used. When I asked if I was shut off from playing online, the guy just said "exactly". They will fix your problem but you will not get treated with sincerity or concern. They don't care how many games you bought, how much money you spent on MS points, or that you play 4+ hours a day online and talk to friends over live. They just want to pass the problem to an investigation team.

Update: They have been fixing accounts much faster now. It's not 3-5 days which isn't too bad, especially if they are offering a month free. They know this problem exists, and hopefully it gets figured out soon.

What is a Jumbo Pack? Where did my MS points go?

The main reason behind your account being hacked was these Jumbo Packs. They are comparable to cards you would buy in a store. The packs have random cards in them. People have hacked other people's accounts so that they can buy as many as they can and not spend their own money. They cost 250 points each.

Fifa is on my gamer card now...I hate this, what can I do?

Nothing. You're stuck with 15 points. There's no way for Microsoft to erase it because it was obtained online. You can choose to complete the game or let it get buried.

Ok so they got me. Why waste their time? I have my account back.

With the card system you are able to trade the cards. What they are doing is buying the cards then trading it to the account they want it on. This is why you are getting only 15 points and why it's the only game they are doing it to. They know they have a limited time to buy and trade the cards before it gets noticed. So yes, they keep the content and even if you play Fifa 12 you will not have the cards! It is also assumed they are selling the digital cards.

It won't let me remove my credit card information!

If you have an automatic renew for Gold or Zune Pass, you will probably be asked to put another payment option on before removing. It's easy to turn off auto renew but for some people, the Zune Pass might be a big deal. This is because they have removed the current Zune Pass that lets you keep 10 songs a month and have replaced it. Not 100% sure if you can get the plan back after canceling.

Here is a video on what it looks like when a pack is purchased:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibkedk3G61I]Fifa 12 Ultimate Team - Jumbo Pack Opening - Episode 10 - YouTube[/ame]

Here is an example of my account usage.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/hackedFifa.jpg

Related Articles/Links

Thieves Hacking Accounts

Microsoft and EA comments

Fifa 12 Fraud

Joystick article

Recent Article

Susan's Blog

IGN Article

USERS ON THIS SITE THAT HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED (listed by gamertags or usernames)

Tyger7

Shinobi273

Drog81

ChizelMan

Teamlead Taco

FlyersFan20

Original Jet Li

Mental Jay

FreeFool

MGFTP

Gresser23

RuggersAssasin

XeroFox

Fabioo

GreyTemplar

Lady Elysium

eXoTiC Zebes0

alf hockeyfan

dipstik

WPBeal

ViniBT

WackFiend

DarkJudgementX

klokwerk

I H8ME I Santos

DaBearzilla

Edited by Tyger7

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet people continue to put the blame on Microsoft and its Xbox LIVE service. Yeah sure, service reps give you the runaround, but it's EA and their security methods which is the biggest concern here.

Of course, as stated, since money has exchanged hands, not much will be done. One will blame the other. One will assure you that your account is locked, even though it is still accessible by somebody else.

End result? You're out of pocket by anywhere from a dollar to over $250 and all you receive is compensation which is not even worth a quarter of everything you lose.

All I want is my Microsoft points back and the ability to continue on playing online. I don't want anything for free, just the quickest solution. I asked for the IP address that was different from mine, but he said he didn't have the information. The "investigation team" would, but they don't talk to people. I'd love to track the person down. I'd easily spend 1400 on a plane ticket and 30 on a bat just to serve my own justice.

This happens of course RIGHT before Gears 3 DLC.

Okay, maybe with the purchases, we can put part of the blame onto Microsoft. 9 purchases on the same day, assuming they all happened within the same hour. They should implement another step in security, whether it's a text message to your mobile/cell phone or some sort of authorisation via voice recognition.... sounds stupid, but you can never spend enough on security.

Hope all goes well. I haven't been stung like this (on Xbox LIVE) but have had someone spend roughly $60 from my PayPal on eBay. Maybe Microsoft should take notes from them, because within 24 hours, I had that money and access to my account.

That sucks! So I need a little clarification. What games played through EA's servers put you at risk? The only EA Online I use is Mirror's Edge. I can't remember making an account for that, but I could have a couple years ago.

Go to http://www.ea.com and login with your xbox username and password. See if it's linked. If it doesn't allow you access, you might not be in harm's way.

Woooow that sucks I feel so sorry for you tyger 7,if that happened to me I would hunt down the guy and hire a professional hacker to steal all his money out his credit cards and hack his xbox or find out where he lives and kick his head in. Also it's shocking that they wouldn't give you your Microsoft points back even though you have evidence,really sucks

I had my account compromised like this back in October [GT: Mental Jay]. A couple things I would like to note:

- They told me mine would get locked within 3 business days. Perhaps this is standard procedure and so when people are finding there accounts are not immediately locked then the mistake is just being told that it would be. (Luckily for me I had no credit card info, just 4000 points already gone anyways and so my account was useless to the hacker + this was before the dashboard update let your account be on 2 xboxes at once)

- I got 2 codes for 1 month of XBL Gold, but not until I got my account back from the investigation. So be patient with that

Yet people continue to put the blame on Microsoft and its Xbox LIVE service. Yeah sure, service reps give you the runaround, but it's EA and their security methods which is the biggest concern here.

Of course, as stated, since money has exchanged hands, not much will be done. One will blame the other. One will assure you that your account is locked, even though it is still accessible by somebody else.

End result? You're out of pocket by anywhere from a dollar to over $250 and all you receive is compensation which is not even worth a quarter of everything you lose.

When I phoned ms for my younger brother,they could not of been more Helpful.he had the account back within 3 weeks,all the money taken was paid back straight away,I only had to phone in twice the second time was to give my mams credit card details to ms .

I have only had one tit of a ms employee talking to me like imma idiot when Phoning in .he moaned at me for having more than one xbox registered f Me I did not realise I could only own ONE like lol(I have like 20 Registered,some sold ,some are family's some are mine).

Pisses me off seeing people use the 6k accounts.why does nobody EARN Anything ..

I managed to sign in to my EA account using my Xbox email and password, is it recommended I change that?

Yes change your password on Xbox LIVE immediately. You should never have the same password on different sites.

Can the people who have been hacked confirm that it does or does not matter if your EA information is the same as your windows live ID in regards to being hacked. As in did anyone get hacked even with having completely different information for both?

Yes I would like to know this as well.

I just read all this and I'm kinda confused.:confused:

How exactly is your account hacked and what can I do to prevent my account from being hacked?

I dont think there is much you can do. Just make sure your Xbox password is a good one.

They must use software to crack passwords and it will be pure bad luck if you are targeted.

I wouldnt share your gamertag, email address or anything xbox related to anyone if you can help it. Do not share anything.

I've been reading more into this and my account is still not locked. I am seeing 2 different kinds of hacks. One in which they just buy Fifa DLC and another in which someone buys a family pack and 10,000 points. They distribute the points among the extra accounts and then sell them online. That is the worst case scenario. Microsoft needs to fix this. The Fifa part is easy, just take down the DLC to stop it. As far as the other way, not sure. Maybe lock it in within country.

Just thought i would add my story to the list. I was hacked on Christmas Eve (i knew i had been bad last year but i didn't think i deserved a FIFA hack for Christmas:p)

15 points added to my gamerscore for FIFA 12 and over 3000 points gone.

I was using a different email address for both my XBL and my EA account, different passwords also, but my gamertag was linked to my EA account.

After i discovered the hack i changed all passwords and even activated the xbox live pass code (not sure if this helps in anyway) i also contacted EA customer support and asked them to delete my EA account. I was told the account couldn't be deleted only deactivated.

Hope this helps anyone with questions and fingers crossed no one else here falls victim

Just thought i would add my story to the list. I was hacked on Christmas Eve (i knew i had been bad last year but i didn't think i deserved a FIFA hack for Christmas:p)

15 points added to my gamerscore for FIFA 12 and over 3000 points gone.

I was using a different email address for both my XBL and my EA account, different passwords also, but my gamertag was linked to my EA account.

After i discovered the hack i changed all passwords and even activated the xbox live pass code (not sure if this helps in anyway) i also contacted EA customer support and asked them to delete my EA account. I was told the account couldn't be deleted only deactivated.

Hope this helps anyone with questions and fingers crossed no one else here falls victim

This is the scariest part. If your email and password were both different and they still got your account then I don't know if it can be prevented.

EDIT: Does anybody know how to contact them through customer support? I tried the feedback option and after it sent it said that feedback would not be responded to.

Edited by HabsCen10ial

My EA email was different from my msn email and got hacked. EA lists my gamertag on my profile but I don't see where to take it off. I don't use my msn for anything and do not check it at all.

Also, for everyone that doesn't think it matters, the marketplace or whatever has seen prices crash for the shit the hackers are scamming. It's too bad I already hated FIFA before getting hacked, so my opinion of the game hasn't changed all that much.

Edited by Shinobi273

Hey guys I am in the same boat. A few things:

My xbox and EA accounts had different emails and nothing in common. My xbox e-mail is an email I hadn't logged into or checked in years. So who knows how this hacking happens.

Second, I was told 3-6 weeks to get my account back, it took around 2 but that might have been lessened because I complained about this time frame numerous times.

Lastly, what most bothers me now and maybe others on this site can relate, I have this stupid FIFA on my gamer card messing up my achievement percentage complete. I have spent who knows how long with so many games trying to get every stupid achievement for every game, so this really bothers me, yet xbox claims there is no way to fix it.