X360A vs PS3T competition

Creech

Would you prefer individual or team format?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer individual or team format?

Hey all,

In this thread, we talked about doing a competition between the two sites.

Things are getting closer and Olsen (the PS3T admin) and I are going to be hashing out the details and letting you all know about them shortly, but I had a question first. Basically, I am trying to see how many people would be interested, and of those, would you prefer an individual format or a team format? Obviously overall it is going to be total site versus total site, but it is always good to be able to point to superstars, MVPs, etc.

I appreciate your time in responding to the poll, and if you have any further feedback, please respond below as well.

Thanks!

Creech

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scotty

i voted for team. with it being site vs. site, there's not much sense in lone rangers looking for glory. although, i think if someone shines and does the majority of the heavy lifting, then they should be recognized in some way.

can't wait to see how this is going to work:)

I voted for team as well as it inspires teamwork and socializing with other members. Too much team in that sentence. Either way, this is an awesome idea.

Agreed that it is an awesome idea. If he was a member over here, TheEndofWhyOU would totally get the bright idea award.

I picked Team. Since it's going to be site vs. site, then it essentially is a team event....

Nothing is stopping each side from having MVPs or Superstars though. It can still be a team effort, think of it as a sports team. MVPs are named for the Thanksgiving Football games and Superbowls :p

Unless this was going more towards winners or something....or many smaller teams instead of two (1 each site). Not up-to-date on this, but it looks like a fun event!

And so the smack talking begins...

A bit of professional smack talking is to be expected :p A question though, what happens if you're a member of both sites?

They really have a more pleasant color scheme to look at, this bright friggen green hurts my eyes lol. Anyhow, I voted for Team.

Indeed they do, I have to turn down the brightness a bit.

It was my intention to retire from competition after this year's GSL. Since GSL Rush way back in 2010, I've been rolling from one competition to the next, storing games for the next competition. It's tiring. It is so very tiring.

I guess I will have to amend this plan. I cannot sit idly by and watch my compatriots take on the forces of PS3 fanboys that apparently stalk our sister site. We must avenge E3! We must band together as a team!

Another vote for team. If each site is essentially one giant team, there is no reason to split into smaller teams. You don't need to be on teams to see which players stand out.

EDIT: Copy/pasting something I posted on ps3t.

What I was thinking was everything is basically now it is now. X number of teams are competing against each other and win THL or GSL. At the same time though, every team's totals are added up and contribute to larger Team PS3T or Team X360A score. While teams would be competing against each other, they'd also be working together to beat the other site.

I'm not opposed to this idea, but it seems to take away the focus from x360a vs ps3t when it plays out exactly as gsl/tsl normally play out. Essentially it boils down to two competitions that just happen to be running at the same time, with site vs site as an afterthought.

I say keep it simple and pick X people to represent each site and X people are one team. Since teammates won't also be opponents in the smaller competition (gsl/tsl) they're much more likely to help each other out.

Edited by dakisbac

PS3T community involvement versus X360A community involvement. And the winner is? PS3T by a landslide. Their playdates occur on a regular basis and is voted on by the community. They have a positive turn out and it's because of that alone, they win by default.

:p

While true, this doesn't say much about how they will perform in competition.