So, Rokujyouma is pretty.... cool? I guess? It really is just shit but it's the kind of shit I enjoy. Poorly written but somehow enjoyable garbage. Animation is pretty nice considering it's Silver Link and half of the VAs haven't done any other roles but don't feel out of place, so that's good.

It's like they took gimmicks from other supernatural/slice of life shows and then stuffed all of them into one anime and had them all occur simultaneously. It's pretty fucking clearly a harem and I don't see how else you could construe the first episode.

It's ridiculous but at the same time so are all other harems, so why not jack that up to extremes?

So, Rokujyouma is pretty.... cool? I guess? It really is just shit but it's the kind of shit I enjoy. Poorly written but somehow enjoyable garbage. Animation is pretty nice considering it's Silver Link and half of the VAs haven't done any other roles but don't feel out of place, so that's good.

It's like they took gimmicks from other supernatural/slice of life shows and then stuffed all of them into one anime and had them all occur simultaneously. It's pretty fucking clearly a harem and I don't see how else you could construe the first episode.

It's ridiculous but at the same time so are all other harems, so why not jack that up to extremes?

That's a good representation of the anime. Don't expect anything out of it quality wise, but it's still enjoyable. The mashed together stuff is the best part of it.

Started to watch Katanagatari (mainly cause Ice Car's gif got me curious) and this anime really interesting with it's art style and 50 minute episodes. Usually I'm turned off by animes that consist of a talking and very little action but for some reason this get a pass.

Finished up Season 2 of Pokemon. People said Ash never wins anything, but he just won the Orange League! He even got a trophy out of it. :p

Honestly, the majority of this show is beyond silly, but the actual gym matches, league matches, and rivalry matches are really enjoyable. I understand the repetition and episodic nature being necessary for it as a kids show, but the payoff for the actual battle episodes is pretty great.

Switching back to DBZ now. I left off with the Imperfect Cell arc.

I'm kind of opposed to calling something that's more than 15 episodes a single season show. The term seems pretty loosely thrown around nowadays anyway - regardless of whether or not it's from Japan or elsewhere.

I've seen new episodes of Hunter x Hunter on my torrent feed every week since I started watching airing shows back in Fall of last year, for instance.

That'll probably change in about 8 or 9 weeks.

Yeah, it's funny saying I'm still watching the same season of Ace of Diamond, when it is 52 episodes. So the one season literally lasted over a year (it had a few one-week breaks). But at the same time, it totally makes sense. Many shows in the US run for up to 24 episodes though (with a few weeks off during the holidays), so 15 is a bit low for a cutoff.

Yeah, it's funny saying I'm still watching the same season of Ace of Diamond, when it is 52 episodes. So the one season literally lasted over a year (it had a few one-week breaks). But at the same time, it totally makes sense. Many shows in the US run for up to 24 episodes though (with a few weeks off during the holidays), so 15 is a bit low for a cutoff.

What's a season, though? If you divide the number of weeks in a year by the number of seasons, we end up with 13 weeks. So, I think it's acceptable to call something a "season" as long as it's within a certain range of 13 episodes.

I just feel like a more appropriate term should have been used in place of season.

Edited by tehapoc

I don't know much about Shonen Jump, but the show Bakuman does teach you quite a bit about the process behind it if anyone was interested. Although I will warn you that from what I've seen of Bakuman, its extremely repetitive when it comes to actual plot.

I just feel like a more appropriate term should have been used in place of season.

I don't use it personally, but I do appreciate the international use of the word "series" instead. Sherlock Series 1, etc. Definitely takes any associated length out of it and you can just say "Series 1 ran for 52 episodes while Series 2 had 21."

Snap decisions on all the new shows two episodes in:

• Akama ga Kill: animation and more goofy parts remind me of Log Horizon (a good thing) and the brutal parts cement that this will be an enjoyable show. I like having both aspects in one show.
  • Aldnoah.Zero: I'm not sure if I love or hate how non-existent of a personality the MC has. He just seems to float through this hectic situation, either because he's really poised or just completely devoid of emotion. The plot is decent so far, but is still getting its footing.
  • Barakamon: I rarely do slice of life but this was a great last minute pick up. Heart and laughs delivered at all the right times.
  • Re: Hamatora: The first season was pretty good, but so far the second season has been awful. The director decided to use constant guitar rifs and brick wall transfers between scenes, and everything just feels forced where the first season felt really fluid. Very disappointed, but I want to know the conclusion of the story so here we are.
  • Space Dandy 2: So far this has been very boring. Didn't like either of the first two episodes. Hopefully there will be a few gems like last season, but I'm not counting on it.
  • Sword Art Online 2: Really liked the first two episodes. Hopefully the quality stands up the whole time instead of dropping halfway through like the first season did.
  • Tokyo Ghoul: While not an overly new concept (plenty of "I got transformed into X but I want to stay human" stories) so far the execution has been solid.
  • Terror in Resonance: I really like the cinematography on this one. Lots of unique angles, quick transitions, etc. Plot's been good so far as well.

Edited by The Pants Party

• Sword Art Online 2: Really liked the first two episodes. Hopefully the quality stands up the whole time instead of dropping halfway through like the first season did.

Until the Mother Rosario nation (Arc) attacks.

Should look into Sakamichi no Apollon if you get a break, Pants. Was the project that Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno worked on prior to Zankyou no Terror.

Question for you tehapoc. Or anyone that's watched Jojo. So I played the Arcade game, so many Jo's, Joseph, Jotaro and Jojo. Joseph is legit like Indiana Jones.

Anyway, in the game they have these "Stands" or spirits which help them, kind of like Shaman King. Do they have these spirits in the actual anime also?

Question for you tehapoc. Or anyone that's watched Jojo. So I played the Arcade game, so many Jo's, Joseph, Jotaro and Jojo. Joseph is legit like Indiana Jones.

Anyway, in the game they have these "Stands" or spirits which help them, kind of like Shaman King. Do they have these spirits in the actual anime also?

Yes        

Each generation has a certain type of "Jo". Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, Josuke, Giorno, and Jolyne. Steel Ball Run (Part VII) and JoJolion (Part VIII) are re-imagining of Phantom Blood (Part I) and Unbreakable Diamond (Part IV) respectively.

The "stands" are present in the series after Battle Tendency (Part II). In the first two parts, the series uses a type of martial arts, called the "ripple" that manifests the energy of the sun to combat the undead - mostly vampires. Several users, like the Joestar (JoJo) bloodline have some relict ripple ability and are able to manifest the ripple into a stand, but in other cases, users need to have it activated by a certain method which will be explained later on in the series.

Might also be worth mentioning that most characters or stands have a namesake that references pop culture, mostly music, in a certain way. For example, the antagonist in this week's episode was Steely Dan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0miyPXfTszo]Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) - Joseph Joestar - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by tehapoc

I don't see why they would add something specifically to the game that wasn't in the manga, bro.

Instead of being like that one guy who sees someone watching a movie half way through and asking questions about the plot, why don't you just start reading or watching it instead of making others explain it for you?

Edited by Ice Car

I heard from many people that Mother Rosario is great as GGO was, and both being so much better than SAO and ALO.

It really isn't, the premise is half-decent. The only cool thing about it is that it references Accel world since we see the "prospective" next-gen amuspheres (The brain chip, don't worry not a spoiler or anything, it's just mentioned in like 1 line of dialogue). Other than that we're left with Asuna. That obviously can't be good.

Yes        

Thanks man, and thanks for the ranked win <3.

Each generation has a certain type of "Jo". Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, Josuke, Giorno, and Jolyne. Steel Ball Run (Part VII) and JoJolion (Part VIII) are re-imagining of Phantom Blood (Part I) and Unbreakable Diamond (Part IV) respectively.

The "stands" are present in the series after Battle Tendency (Part II). In the first two parts, the series uses a type of martial arts, called the "ripple" that manifests the energy of the sun to combat the undead - mostly vampires. Several users, like the Joestar (JoJo) bloodline have some relict ripple ability and are able to manifest the ripple into a stand, but in other cases, users need to have it activated by a certain method which will be explained later on in the series.

Might also be worth mentioning that most characters or stands have a namesake that references pop culture, mostly music, in a certain way. For example, the antagonist in this week's episode was Steely Dan.

Ok sick, I understand it. I don't mind spirits and all that, it really does reminds me of Shaman King. Playing the game is making me want to watch the anime. Also why does Pollannef or whatever his name is look like Benimaru from King of Fighters?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130122215053/jjba/images/1/1d/Polnareff_Benimaru.png

...............you didn't know that? @-@

I do now =)

I don't see why they would add something specifically to the game that wasn't in the manga, bro.

Instead of being like that one guy who sees someone watching a movie half way through and asking questions about the plot, why don't you just start reading or watching it instead of making others explain it for you?

Many games add things which don't belong to the plot. In naruto games you can play as random guys like Lars or "Mecha" Naruto or numerous characters which are dead.

As for the bolded part. I'm currently in the last round of the site's Free Agents tournament, hence why I won't be watching the show now since I'm a competitor.

Glad Netflix picked up Knights of Sidonia. I would never have watched it otherwise. I didn't see anyone talking about it last season but it's really, really good. Watched four episodes this morning, I'll probably finish this rather quickly.

I also downloaded Ping Pong, tehapoc. I'll jump on that next.