Knuckle Ball Trophy Guide

BigWangTheory89

I did it with james rodriquez from Real Madrid. It shouldn't matter though

Have you got the 'Extra Effort' (Score from the ground) one? I've scored loads whilst sliding on the ground but I've got no idea how to be on the ground already to then score... goal mouth scramble?

A video showing a goal and no explanation - not sure that counts as a guide? :)

It shows how the person got the knuckle ball achievement/trophy.

There's your explanation.

At this present state of time it's unsure how and what unlocks the achievement as it's unlocking randomly for different people; however we know that it needs to dip but also stay true without spin.

How to do that? Don't know.

It was said to hold LT and then shoot but that seems to add a curve on the path of the ball, swerving around the keeper.

*I have just had an idea whilst writing that might work if I can pull it off.

**Nope, didn't work. Will try online with a friend if it'll work but it's glitched for me. Used Rodriguez, lined up, made sure not to move the LS as to add any spin and no achievement stilll.

Edited by anonymous ferret

It shows how the person got the knuckle ball achievement/trophy.

There's your explanation.

At this present state of time it's unsure how and what unlocks the achievement as it's unlocking randomly for different people; however we know that it needs to dip but also stay

It is not a guide. It is a video of a player scoring a goal where the achievement doesnt unlock as the guy got it previously and is trying to replicate what he done.

Echo... echo... echo...

He's just trying to help and shed some light on a crap situation as it's not unlocking for a lot of people...

he's just trying to help and shed some light on a crap situation as it's not unlocking for a lot of people...

he's just trying to help and shed some light on a crap situation as it's not unlocking for a lot of people...

Actually he's not replicating anything, he's showing the instant replay of the goal that unlocked the trophy right there and then. Whether you like it or not, it is a guide and solution. How else do you want it to be spelled out how to do it? The guy took a shot just using the shoot button, in that position. It's pretty straight forward.

I've scored many like it but no achievement yet for me.

A friend has played about an hour, isn't that great at scoring but has unlocked it randomly.

At least I'm trying to add to the discussion and help figure out what is takes to unlock this achievement instead of being picky about whether this is classed as a sodding guide lmao

Edited by anonymous ferret

Echo... echo... echo...

He's just trying to help and shed some light on a crap situation as it's not unlocking for a lot of people...

Actually he's not replicating anything, he's showing the instant replay of the goal that unlocked the trophy right there and then. Whether you like it or not, it is a guide and solution. How else do you want it to be spelled out how to do it? The guy took a shot just using the shoot button, in that position. It's pretty straight forward.

I've scored many like it but no achievement yet for me.

A friend has played about an hour, isn't that great at scoring but has unlocked it randomly.

At least I'm trying to add to the discussion and help figure out what is takes to unlock this achievement instead of being picky about whether this is classed as a sodding guide lmao

I'm sorry but this video can hardly be classified as a guide. In the video he even says he's not sure how to explain how he got it. My definition of a guide is step by step instruction on how to achieve the goal. Granted, the guy is trying to be helpful and at this point since there is no clear instruction how to get the goal, it is appreciated. But let's not go calling this a guide in the title when there are no instructions at all.

Balotelli, LT + B from 40 yards out. Ball spin has to be eliminated. The ball may "turn" ever so slightly in the air but your player cannot put "spin" on it, that is where a lot of people are failing to pop the achievement as well as myself until the ball was struck in such a way.
You didn't even need to record your TV screen for this guide. :p

Just got it with a random midfielder on UT. Don't think it matters who you use really but on the replay the ball did not spin AT ALL in the air.

It was on a rebound following a corner so I think it's just to do with hitting a first time shot, getting the timing right, and the ball approaching your player in the right way.

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said, there is no way a guide can be made for this, because it is completely random if it will happen. I tried for a few hours with Bale, Ronaldo, Balotelli, Benzema and never had it happen. Then I decide to play with Bray Wanderers and a 53 rated CB gets it for me. (Sliders were modified, obviously)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot3gXnU4WVs]Knuckle Ball Achievement - BS - FIFA 15 - YouTube[/ame]

So I've finally figured out how to pull of this shot somewhat consistently, and it only took 3 attempts last night to get the actual achievement. Like I said in a previous post, I was going to try and get this one through normal play, but after 300 plus games never pulled it off.

While playing with my FUT team I started to experiment with the shot, and was able to pull it off somewhat consistently with my midfielders Schweinsteiger and Kroos, but had the most luck with Kroos. Basically all you need to do is build up some speed heading toward the goal and on your final touch, before you intend to shoot, let go of everything and simply press B. Don't pull the left stick towards the net while you are running, on your final touch the player with the ball will still shoot the ball towards the net even when you aren't directing him. Don't sprint, don't hold LT, just a simple press of B with about half to 3/4 power depending how far you are from the net.

Be warned, you will still get spin some of the time.. but after looking at my replays, with each attempt I'd say you will get a shot with no spin 1 in every 5 attempts. Like I said, I had the most success with Toni Kroos, he was a bit more consistent with this shot. You may even want to play a single game and adjust the keeper sliders, because he was able to save the shot a few times on normal settings.

Good luck! Video below. (Sorry, don't know how to embed)

Edited by Raptor 15

I got this yesterday.

I never deliberately went for it (didn't mess around with sliders etc).

Got it using some 66 rated player from CSKA Moscow on UT. So you obviously dont have to use one of the better rated players.

Maybe it was purely luck but I got it by not pressing any direction on the left stick. I ran towards goal and then at about 25 yards released the left stick and powered up the shot metre to about two thirds. Ball went into the top corner and on the replay it didn't 'spin' at all.

• 6 months later...

I know this thread is really, really old. But, I JUST got this achievement. It doesn't have to be with a certain player, you don't need to hold LT + RT, I got it by running with the ball, and pressing RB+B with my created Pro.

Video can be found here.

And yes, I am playing for Accrington Stanley (who are dey!?)

Edited by ItsObsceneMaybe