Achievement Guide And Road Map

Ace3359

(This is my first attempt at an achievement guide, since I saw no one else had gotten one up for this game yet. It's certainly a work in progress, and hopefully I'll make it a little neater [i.e. easier to read] over the next week. Please let me know of any major mistakes you see.)

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10

-Offline: 32 (1000 )

-Approximate amount of time to 1000 : Over 150 Hours (Some achievements are time-based).

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable achievements: 0

-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats known

-Does difficulty affect achievements?: No

-Glitchy achievements: None

-Unobtainable achievements: None

-Extra equipment needed?: Kinect, Second Player

Introduction

Zumba Fitness: Rush, on the surface, does not have that many difficult achievements. The tough part will be surviving the massive amount of exercise it will require to get all achievements locked down. To be able to complete this list, you will need to dance all 42 routines, go through all of the different types of classes, and have a partner to help you with the multi-player achievements. You will also need to have some skill, as the three 80% plus achievements can be tricky.

Step 1: “Learn the Step” Tutorials

This is where I would begin, as it gives you a good start on how to follow the trainer. You should be able to complete Salsa Pro, Merengue Pro, Cumbia Pro, Reggaeton Pro, and Zumba Diploma by going through these successfully.

Step 2: Classes

You need to perform every class at least once, and do at least one run-through of every song. The method many have used here is the “Chair” method, where you start a class, and then position a chair (or some other prop) in your place to keep the music going (and finish the song). You won’t get any stars, but you can finish the class. Just don’t forget to keep track of the songs, since you won’t be able to go back and tell you did it (with no stars showing).

You should get Join The Party, Total Dancer, Masterclass Mover, Bronze Class, Silver Class, and Gold Class by going through the classes.

Step 3: Single Songs – 5 Stars

If you haven’t gotten the single song achievements yet, go for them now. You should go for Bronze Star, Silver Star, Gold Star, Total Dancer (if not achieved), World Traveler, Zumba Expert, Zumba Pro, Zumba Master, and Locksmith.

Step 4: Multiplayer

There are two multi-player achievements, where you need a partner to Zumba with you. See the achievement guide below on how to get Zumba Duo and Duo Stars.

Step 5: Mop Up

By this point, all you should have left are the three Playlist achievements (which are easily obtained) and the time-limit achievements. Simply put in enough hours, if you haven’t already, to achieve these final achievements.

Conclusion

As you can tell, you’re going to have to spend a lot of time on the dance floor in order to complete this game. Honestly, it’s been nice to play for achievements while also getting myself in better shape, but I know this game isn’t for everyone. Good luck to you!

Edited by Ace3359

Salsa Pro

Complete “Learn the Steps” Salsa

See Reggaeton Pro Achievement.

Merengue Pro

Complete “Learn the Steps” Merengue

Cumbia Pro

Complete “Learn the Steps” Cumbia

Reggaeton Pro

Complete “Learn the Steps” Reggaeton

For the four “Learn The Steps” achievements, you will need to successfully complete all four dance steps in the given type. For instance, for Salsa, you’ll need to do the Sidestep, Forward & Back, Travel, and Backstep.

The game starts you out on a slower version of the step. You can either practice here, or go straight to the Normal speed. Once you have earned enough “Zumba!” ratings, the game will say something like “Great job! You’ve got this one down!” Once you hear that, head back to the Step Menu, and there should now be a check-mark next to the step you were doing. Get all four checked off to earn the achievement.

Zumba Diploma

Complete all tutorials.

Once you’ve gotten all four “Learn the Steps” achievements, this one should unlock as well.

Bronze Star

Complete a low intensity single song with five stars

Just like it says, you have to get five stars in a low intensity song. The easiest one for me was “I’m Going On” by Erica Pierce, which is mostly stretches. BTW, I’m not sure if doing this inside a class will count, as I got all of them in single songs.

Silver Star

Complete a medium intensity single song with five stars

There aren’t any truly ‘easy’ medium or high intensity songs. For me, I was able to get this on “I Wanna Move”, which at least has some slower moments in it. The songs that have the moving of the hips seem to give the most “Zumba!” ratings.

Gold Star

Complete a high intensity single song with five stars

I managed this one on “Dance Dance Dance”, but really, this one depends on what dance is more up your alley.

Join the Party

Complete your first Zumba Fitness: Rush song

This should be one of the first achievements you get. Complete one song, no matter the score, and this one should unlock.

Total Dancer

Play and complete every song, earning at least one star

Prepare for a lot of dancing, as there are 42 songs you will need to have scores in. If you’re wanting to get this done in a day or two, you could always do just enough to get one star, and then relax until the song is over. Songs in classes count for this as well, since you get stars shown for songs you’ve completed in classes.

World Traveler

Play in all the venues

There are 10 venues available in the game. Each venue will be listed underneath the Single Song reference, so you can pick and choose each song to make sure you have that venue. You can also choose your favorite song and keep changing the venue, performing it 10 times to get there (but since you need all the songs for another achievement, this is not recommended).

There have been reports that gamers have played all of the songs (some in classes), and yet didn’t get unlocked until they played them in single song mode. Personally, I didn't have this problem, as it unlocked once I finished the list (through classes and singles).

Here’s the official list:

Bollywood

Ice Palace

LA Rooftop

Las Vegas

Miami Yacht Party

New York Alley

NY Nightclub

Rio Carnival

VIP Pool Party

Zumba Dance Studio

Masterclass Mover

Play and complete every class

Easily the most time-consuming achievement. There are 45 classes in all, 15 in each length. Short classes take around 30 minutes. Mid-length classes are around 45 minutes, and full-length will have you pushing an hour. So to complete all of these, you will need to invest almost 34 hours of your time. That’s a lot of dancing! The "Chair" method mentioned in the Road Map is another way to do this.

Bronze Class

Finish a Short Class

Simply start a short class and finish it. I did this one with a partner, and thus got two achievements out of it (see Zumba Duo).

Silver Class

Finish a Mid-Length Class

Start a mid-length class and finish it. Score doesn’t matter, so if you get tired during this, you can just do enough to get through the songs. You can also walk away from the Kinect, which brings up the “Pause” menu and would give you a few seconds to catch your breath if needed.

Gold Class

Finish a Full-Length Class

You need to either be in shape for this one or be prepared for an hour of goofing off in front of the Kinect to get through. These are not for the weak-hearted.

Edited by Ace3359

Zumba Fan

Play Zumba Fitness: Rush on at least two different days in a single week

Self-explanatory. Interestingly enough, I got this one after first playing it, switching to another game, and then coming back to it later. It unlocked on my second time, even though it was the same day. I’m not sure if it would do that for everyone, though.

Zumba Lover

Play Zumba Fitness: Rush on at least four different days in a single week

Self-explanatory. I don’t know if anyone’s tried switching the dates on the dashboard and coming back in multiple times. For me, I did it over a three-day period (since it recorded me twice the first day).

Zumba Aficionado

Play Zumba Fitness: Rush for twelve hours in a month

Self-explanatory.

Zumba Expert

Get above 80% technique in one song

See Zumba Master.

Zumba Pro

Get above 80% technique in three songs

See Zumba Master.

Zumba Master

Get above 80% technique in ten songs

To get a high technique score, you need to nail as many “Zumba!” ratings as possible. Some songs are easier than others, but all can be tricky in their own ways. Intensity does not matter in these, so choose a song and keep practicing it until you can hit most of the moves from memory. That’s the way to get these achievements.

These may not be counted using Classes, as I have heard some did not unlock after gamers had 10+ songs with 5-stars. For me, it took 12 5-star songs, so just concentrate on the single songs and go from there.

Zumba Heat

Burn 2000 calories

See Zumba Inferno.

Zumba Fire

Burn 10000 calories

See Zumba Inferno.

Zumba Inferno

Burn 20000 calories

These three achievements you will probably get eventually, while working on all the others. There appears to have once been a problem with the calorie counter being low, but I think an update has fixed this, as I quickly earned calories for each dance I’ve done.

Zumba Duo

Complete a Full Class with two players

The length of the class does not matter. Get two players in front of the Kinect and complete a short class to unlock this one.

Duo Stars

Finish a two player song with ten Stars

My wife and I got this one on “I’m Going On” by Erica Pierce, which I definitely believe is the easiest song to get this achievement. Both participants need to bring in 5 stars each.

Bronze Choreographer

Create a Playlist

See Gold Choreographer.

Silver Choreographer

Create two Playlists

See Gold Choreographer.

Gold Choreographer

Create four Playlists

You can find the Custom Playlists section inside the Full Class section. Simply choose “Create Custon Class”, select your slot, and add at least one song. Do this four times, and these three achievements will all be unlocked.

Zumba Socialite

Dance with all 6 instructors

Just like it says, dance with all six instructors at least once, and this one should pop. For some, it hasn’t unlocked right away, but as long as you keep track who you’ve danced with, this shouldn’t be too hard.

Completionist

Unlock every achievement

Self-explanatory. I still feel achievements like these are weak, but since it’s there, get all the others and this one should unlock.

Locksmith

Unlock all bonus videos

You can see the needed bonus videos under “Track Progress” and “Videos”. The ones you still need to get will be unavailable. To get these videos, you will need to 5-star various songs (except for the Intro video, which will be available as soon as you first get into the game).

For the instructors, I believe you need to five-star multiple songs they’re assigned to. The rest of the videos are for specific songs, so you would need to five-star those specifically to unlock them.

Here is the list of the 20 videos:

Intro Video (Unlocked)

Instructors – Beto, Erica, Gina, Jason, Kass, Tanya

Songs: Activao, Caipirinha, I Wanna Move, La Matanga, La Perla, Lo Que Traiga, Poison, Quebra As Cadeira, Tigre, Tu Bomboncito, Tu Remedio, Zoka Zumba

Edited by Ace3359

• 2 years later...

This guide/roadmap has been copied over to the Greenbook. This means that it is unfinished/unready to be published, and anybody is welcome to sign up to finish it off!

Each guide will have a brief paragraph describing what is needed to get it done and published.

If you can, please help us get this guide published to the site, and get your name eternally imprinted on the site!

If you are the OP, this doesn't mean you can't finish it off on your own, do that and we will remove it from the Greenbook :)

More information on Greenbook practices can be found in the Greenbook FAQ, here.