Corrupted Save

Gunther Hermann

Well I dashboarded the game during a cutscene and upon reloading my save the game just freezes during the loading screen every time.

I've looked on other forums and can't find any info on any fixes for it, so I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I cleared the cache, tried starting with a new character and then loading my original player and that didn't work. I'm not going to play with a new character since I put in about 40 hours. So I guess theres no way of fixing it, and thats another game I wont be 100% :)

I've looked on other forums and can't find any info on any fixes for it, so I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Didn't happen to me but it's known that dashboarding may curropt save files.

Namco just wanted to prevent a cheap trick of "reloading" and older save there... Sorry!

Yeah I've read that, its just really soured my whole experience of the game.

I dashboarded after the painted world boss because I didn't kill her and it went to the cutscene after where you dive off the building. I thought at the time I'd messed up the playthrough (I don't think I did actually), and on reflection a messed up play through is better than not being able to play the game at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This happened to me during the fight with quelaag. I was 20 hours in and over level 40 and just getting the hang of the game. I started over and have the 1st bell rung and am near the moonlight butterfly in just over 3 hours. I understand how to play this game now and I have decided that the only way I will exit it this time is to make sure to choose quit and not just shut off my Xbox. I was quite upset about that!

• 1 year later...

My save does not freeze or anything. It just does not load at all. I pick my save drive which was the cloud, and it doesn't show up. Can only start new game. Same happens if I move it to anywhere else and load it. I'm afraid something funky happens if you cloud save with this game but it's been 18 months since I played and I wanted to continue. Looks like I may have to start over. :mad:

Yeah I've read that, its just really soured my whole experience of the game.

I dashboarded after the painted world boss because I didn't kill her and it went to the cutscene after where you dive off the building. I thought at the time I'd messed up the playthrough (I don't think I did actually), and on reflection a messed up play through is better than not being able to play the game at all.

Well I dashboarded the game during a cutscene and upon reloading my save the game just freezes during the loading screen every time.

I cleared the cache, tried starting with a new character and then loading my original player and that didn't work. I'm not going to play with a new character since I put in about 40 hours. So I guess theres no way of fixing it, and thats another game I wont be 100% :)

That sucks but at least you get to playthrough it again if that makes it any better :o