Are experimentals wort the effort and time?

Beli

I'm new to playing SC2,and the few times I have gotten around to making some experimentals, they don't seem to be worth the time and resource investment. It might be my unfamiliarity to the system (this is my first RTS played off a PC), but I get more productivity for the smaller units compared to an experimental.

Any advice?

I'm new to playing SC2,and the few times I have gotten around to making some experimentals, they don't seem to be worth the time and resource investment. It might be my unfamiliarity to the system (this is my first RTS played off a PC), but I get more productivity for the smaller units compared to an experimental.

Any advice?

Hmmm, i guess in away the normal typed units are very effective in mass quantity's (fully upgraded of course) but it will also depend on the skill level of the opponent i found in skirmishes against cheating that the experimental units are essential at taking out there units and structures, especially when you find that you can have basically infinite income on supcom 2 by spamming the mass converting (which i normally try to get to in my tech tree as quick as poss) whilst you have all this income build extra engineers to help in the speed of production of experimental's...if i remember correctly you can have 3 engineers to assist each experimental gantry this will greatly increase the speed of your production for these units, especially the lesser experimental's like the Megalith (Cybran) and the AC Terror gunship (UEF) which are probably in my own opinion the best because they are quick to build with engineers assisting.

Also remember this with the mass converting spamming now in your mind all experimental's only count as 1 to your unit cap therefore you can build well over a hundred and quite quick with aid...so you understand as well as i do that 150 megaliths rather than 150 assault bots are going to be much more devastating than the later, another reminder...you can also pick up the huge experimental's with a giant dropship not sure as to how many it will hold but it does. i also love having a fully upgraded and promoted ACU if you use him or her correctly the enemy dont stand a chance.

So all in all...spam mass by building as many energy buildings as possible whilst using the mass converter as early as possible. remember more buildings = more of that ability that specific structure creates for instance if you have built say 5 mass converters double click on them and when you convert the greater the number will be converted. (Note the Cybran mass converter once purchased through the tech tree is already on the energy building itself which you have to select hold :ltbut: and press :ybut: to convert)

Always build multiple gantry's assisted by 3 engineers for quick build (you can also launch experimental's half-baked by selecting the gantry itself holding :ltbut: once again and pressing :ybut: but it may stall out in mid battle ;) )

You can build as many experimental's as your cap holds, and lastly you can use fast transport by means of giant dropships and teleporting (Illuminate).

I hope this has helped a little and does not patronize you also, forgive me because i do not know the level of RTS skill you posses. ;)

• 2 months later...
Hmmm, i guess in away the normal typed units are very effective in mass quantity's (fully upgraded of course) but it will also depend on the skill level of the opponent i found in skirmishes against cheating that the experimental units are essential at taking out there units and structures, especially when you find that you can have basically infinite income on supcom 2 by spamming the mass converting (which i normally try to get to in my tech tree as quick as poss) whilst you have all this income build extra engineers to help in the speed of production of experimental's...if i remember correctly you can have 3 engineers to assist each experimental gantry this will greatly increase the speed of your production for these units, especially the lesser experimental's like the Megalith (Cybran) and the AC Terror gunship (UEF) which are probably in my own opinion the best because they are quick to build with engineers assisting.

Also remember this with the mass converting spamming now in your mind all experimental's only count as 1 to your unit cap therefore you can build well over a hundred and quite quick with aid...so you understand as well as i do that 150 megaliths rather than 150 assault bots are going to be much more devastating than the later, another reminder...you can also pick up the huge experimental's with a giant dropship not sure as to how many it will hold but it does. i also love having a fully upgraded and promoted ACU if you use him or her correctly the enemy dont stand a chance.

So all in all...spam mass by building as many energy buildings as possible whilst using the mass converter as early as possible. remember more buildings = more of that ability that specific structure creates for instance if you have built say 5 mass converters double click on them and when you convert the greater the number will be converted. (Note the Cybran mass converter once purchased through the tech tree is already on the energy building itself which you have to select hold :ltbut: and press :ybut: to convert)

Always build multiple gantry's assisted by 3 engineers for quick build (you can also launch experimental's half-baked by selecting the gantry itself holding :ltbut: once again and pressing :ybut: but it may stall out in mid battle ;) )

You can build as many experimental's as your cap holds, and lastly you can use fast transport by means of giant dropships and teleporting (Illuminate).

I hope this has helped a little and does not patronize you also, forgive me because i do not know the level of RTS skill you posses. ;)

Well, I'm not sure about the OP, but this has helped me quite alot. Thanks!

Well, I'm not sure about the OP, but this has helped me quite alot. Thanks!

Thanks Hodge...i thought i had wasted time righting this for the original poster, lol now im just happy i managed to at least help someone with my post.

All the best. :)

(Underrated game also IMO, right little RTS gem)