Legendary

• 1 month later...

Was playing the "Halo" level last night with a buddy on Legendary. We are both pretty solid FPS players and blazed the first level with no trouble.

We literally could not save the marines. We died on the first one, and the respawn point was right around a rock corner downhill from the marines. Probably tried fifty times to kill everything, but even when we got the first spawn dead the backside spawn (another 10 or so guys) would have stormed the hill and killed the marines.

Eventually had to bag it and just leave the area... same results with the marines at the other locations. I don't know how the hell you are supposed to be able to save those guys on Legendary... especially solo since we couldn't even do it co-op.

Next level? No problem, kicking ass again. I dunno about comparisons since this is my first Halo, but jfc the spikes are unreal in that level. Are you supposed to just let them die? Or maybe supposed to play with skulls on Legendary?

The marines don't really matter in that level, just leave them to die if you want to finish quicker makes no difference if they survive. Otherwise Legendary is relatively straight forward, even easier solo with Boom & Bandanna on, but it takes away the enjoyment and challenge.