Kinect PlayFit

Kinkimono

New app for all kinect lovers and what seems to be even for the gamerscore/achievement lovers as well.

"Get credit for the calories you burn while having fun with Kinect, and

earn Kinect PlayFit Achievements, Gamerscore and Avatar Awards."

http://majornelson.com/2012/07/10/kinect-playfit-launches-today/

Released today for US and "outside the US later this week"

Add me for the Kinect PlayFit 'burn x amount of calories among you and friends' achieves. GT = Kinkii Mono

Edit 2. I reached my 100k now so if you reach yours and you're not really into kinect (can always use more kinect lovers on the friendlist)

please remove me so I can add more people that need the achievements.

Edited by Kinkimono

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that looks like something I would use. Heck not even for the gamerscore or added extras, it would just be nice (for me) to see how many total callories I've burned rather than having to tally up in those games that do tell you.

Seems like they are really going for some Kinect boosting as of late, what with the Kinect Central app too. Can't say I blame them, Kinect is fun and is great for losing weight. Thanks for sharing! :)

I downloaded the app then it disappeared from the dashboard and disappeard from the my apps section as well... I can't load it up through Quickplay either. :mad:

Happened to me as well but figured it was because I used a US account to download it to try it on a EU account. Maybe a common problem for all or where are you from?

Happened to me as well but figured it was because I used a US account to download it to try it on a EU account. Maybe a common problem for all or where are you from?

I'm from the US and this is the first time this has ever happend. I think it's because it's still so early over here so they are still updating the marketplace.

What I did was search the App Marketplace for "Kinect" and it was the first result.

Also, it doesn't count all Kinect games towards this....only 11 of them and I don't have ANY of them except for Junk Fu. :mad: I was going to use this as motivation to get back into Dance Central, but it only supports DC2. :(

For me it supports 10 games

Your Shape 2012, Deepak Chopra's Leela, Dance Central 2, Happy Action Theater, Junk Fu, Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Kinect Sports: Season 2, Let's Cheer, Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster and Kinect Star Wars.

You "only" need 4 of the games to be able to get all achievements, multiple game specific 'burn 600 calories in each of four Kinect games' and a couple that require less, rest is just overall.

What I did was search the App Marketplace for "Kinect" and it was the first result.

Also, it doesn't count all Kinect games towards this....only 11 of them and I don't have ANY of them except for Junk Fu. :mad: I was going to use this as motivation to get back into Dance Central, but it only supports DC2. :(

Well that's stupid, urgh.

Well that's stupid. Hopefully they add more games in the future because I've completed most of those games and don't have much intention of going back to any of them. And I only have 3 of them anyway. It will be nice to have further reason to look forward to Dance Central 3, though.

And at least a few of those games are on the wishlist.

So does anybody know how this works?

Do you have to play one of the games, then log into the app and it then updates?

Does the app retroactively calculate stuff based on what games you've already played? When you log in for the first time, do you get an achievement if you've already played one of the game in the past?

Or do you need to load the app first, and it begins tracking from that point?

So does anybody know how this works?

Do you have to play one of the games, then log into the app and it then updates?

It tracked about 300 calories for me from YS:FE2012 that i got from doing some DLC activities som days ago but nothing before that and nothing from other games. You don't have to (and you can't) run the app while playing. It adds calories burned and when you burned them once you starts up the app each time and that's when you get achievements.

On another note, lucky me sold my YS:FE2012 yesterday and have a person picking it up in 3 days so will have time to get my 600 burned from it before i lose it forever.

I've also noticed that the calorie burn in game doesn't always match the PlayFit app either. I just got Junk Fu today, burned 600+ calories in game then when I went to the app it said I only had low 400s. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Feel free to add me for the global calorie achievement as well. Currently sitting at 2600+ just by myself.

Gamertag: eG x Thee Elf

The counter for this is odd.

Last night, I played Happy Action Theater for like 40 minutes, and burned 70-some calories. Today, I played it for 10 minutes, and my total for it ended up over 400.

Yes especially for Happy Action Theater for me, I played it for about 1½ hour and got 17 calories burnt. Same with YS:FE2012 giving me like 1/10th of what I earn ingame. Dance Central, Let's Cheer and Kinect Star Wars are giving me a really high amount (not compared to ingame but time played)

I'm probably not going to mess with this...but...what are ALL the games that are supported? Cause from what I've seen posted so far, I only have Junk Fu.

Compatible games are here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/kinect-play-fit

I find it annoying they only support more recent games - I prefer the first Kinect Sports to Season 2, and I use EA Sports Active 2 pretty frequently.

I won't waste money on the new Fitness Evolved because I had such terrible luck with the tracking on the first one.

Compatible games are here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/kinect/kinect-play-fit

I find it annoying they only support more recent games - I prefer the first Kinect Sports to Season 2, and I use EA Sports Active 2 pretty frequently.

I won't waste money on the new Fitness Evolved because I had such terrible luck with the tracking on the first one.

That is some BS. I have Dance Central but don't have the second game...and the only other Kinect games I own are Kinectimals, Kinect Adventures and many, many...many...Fun Labs games. In addition to me having somewhat "breaking" my Kinect recently...I'm SOL on this game.

on a side note, if you add me and have 0 calories yourself and dont plan on getting any of these games, im going to have to delete you, not to be mean, but I can only have so many friends on my list :)

I'm doing the same thing. If someone has been on my list for 4 days and their calorie counter is still sitting at zero, I clear them out to make room for other friends that are more active. I ended up hitting the Boston achievement last night and still have some friends pending. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

That is some BS. I have Dance Central but don't have the second game...and the only other Kinect games I own are Kinectimals, Kinect Adventures and many, many...many...Fun Labs games. In addition to me having somewhat "breaking" my Kinect recently...I'm SOL on this game.

Pretty much this. I think this game/app is a great idea, but I don't have any of those games. Only "1st generation" Kinect games atm.

Pretty much this. I think this game/app is a great idea, but I don't have any of those games. Only "1st generation" Kinect games atm.

Kinect Junk Fu is only 240 MSP so that would at least be a cheap start for you. Plus it's a great calorie booster as long as you keep swinging your arms and legs non-stop.