Fallout 3 Players Dreaming Of Fallout 4

TheGuyWhoDoesStuff

I don't know if its just me but I have loved Fallout 3 forever and I have been playing it for so long it every time I play I find something new it the more I play it starts to get a little drab and boring so I have two questions.

1. Does anyone know of a website devoted to Fallout 4 info?

2. Does anyone have any fun challenges that I can use to play Fallout 3?

Literally guys throw some ideas at me I don't care. You can give me restrictions or choose what my Skills and Perks are my karma anything but I get to choose what difficulty I play on (I usually play on normal but may play on hard or very hard depending on the request). Thx for any suggestions.

PS

I would have put this in the Fallout 3 fourm but not enough people frequented that page.:drunk

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd rather see Bethesda make a new next-gen entry in the Elder Scrolls series (TESO doesn't count) rather than a new next-gen Fallout game.

Hilariously, I personally think an MMO set in the Fallout universe makes more sense than an MMO set in the Elder Scrolls universe.

TES has always been about a LONE HERO rising in a time of crisis to save everything. Not sure how LONE HERO translates into "MILLIONS OF HEROs".

At least with Fallout, the background is more flexible to change.

I too have been anticipating any news for a new installment in the Fallout series.

Next gen, perhaps?

I'm with you on this one, man. We'd have to be dumb to think it won't come out on next-gen. Last I heard, didn't one of the VO's from Fallout 3 tease some info that Bethesda was currently working on it?

It would make sense too, since TESO is made by a different division.

Personally, I'd rather see Bethesda make a new next-gen entry in the Elder Scrolls series (TESO doesn't count) rather than a new next-gen Fallout game.

Hilariously, I personally think an MMO set in the Fallout universe makes more sense than an MMO set in the Elder Scrolls universe.

TES has always been about a LONE HERO rising in a time of crisis to save everything. Not sure how LONE HERO translates into "MILLIONS OF HEROs".

At least with Fallout, the background is more flexible to change.

Pshh, we won't The Elder Scrolls VI until 2017 the earliest most likely. Look at the gap between Oblivion and Skyrim.

I'm just eager to hear the very first bit of news on it. I would love for the next installment to take place on Summerset Isles. Give us some more knowledge on the Thalmor and maybe they can be the focal point of the game. That, or bring us to the Black Marsh! The Argonians seem to get no love.

On topic: I do agree, an ES MMO makes much less sense, logically, than a Fallout MMO.

I'm not 'dreaming' about it, but a Fallout 4 would be welcome news. There are never enough good RPGs.

Fallout 3 wasn't a good RPG either. Bad game engine, super slow loading, glitchy quests and gameplay mechanic, ugly textures, bad writing, recycling voice actors to save money, bad animation/movement, no classic fallout style dark humor/themes, no freedom, children you can melt with plasma grenades, recycling of the fallout 2 main enemy because they aren't creative enough to come up with something good...to name a few reasons why.

Most of that can be said for Oblivion, and Skyrim as well.

New Vegas at least Obsidian tried to do well...but you can only do so much when you're forced to use a awful engine designed by piss poor designers.

Fallout 3 was the best RPG! Solid game engine, not too slow loading, memorable quests and gameplay mechanic, workable textures, witty writing, great voice actors, welcomed animation/movement, straight up classic fallout style dark humor/themes, freedom, children you can melt with plasma grenades, recycling of the fallout 2 main enemy because fallout 2 was equally awesome...to name a few reasons why.

I'm with Gackt on this one :D

Pshh, we won't The Elder Scrolls VI until 2017 the earliest most likely. Look at the gap between Oblivion and Skyrim.

I'm just eager to hear the very first bit of news on it. I would love for the next installment to take place on Summerset Isles. Give us some more knowledge on the Thalmor and maybe they can be the focal point of the game. That, or bring us to the Black Marsh! The Argonians seem to get no love.

On topic: I do agree, an ES MMO makes much less sense, logically, than a Fallout MMO.

No, I would rather more information be given on the Snow Elves and the Falmer. I don't know if they had their own homeland though, or if it was just Skyrim. But I agree with the Argonians. I love playing as them actually, them and the Kajhiit are always what I play as because I always take stealth approaches.

No, I would rather more information be given on the Snow Elves and the Falmer. I don't know if they had their own homeland though, or if it was just Skyrim. But I agree with the Argonians. I love playing as them actually, them and the Kajhiit are always what I play as because I always take stealth approaches.

I can dig this idea. But they were already fleshed out a bit it the Dawnguard DLC. I feel as though a main game would make more sense to follow one of the main factions/races rather than an ancient and forgotten one.

Again, same here. I've never played as an Argonian - Khajiit are my favorites as well! - but they're awesome. I felt as though the human and elf races got too much love in the past two games. The animal or "beast" races (Argonians, Khajiits, and Ocrs) need to be the center of the next game if it isn't the Thalmor!

I can dig this idea. But they were already fleshed out a bit it the Dawnguard DLC. I feel as though a main game would make more sense to follow one of the main factions/races rather than an ancient and forgotten one.

Again, same here. I've never played as an Argonian - Khajiit are my favorites as well! - but they're awesome. I felt as though the human and elf races got too much love in the past two games. The animal or "beast" races (Argonians, Khajiits, and Ocrs) need to be the center of the next game if it isn't the Thalmor!

True, it is them bringing Snow Elves into Dawnguard that gets me curious though. I just hate the Thalmor, which is why I would hate to have them the center of the game. Thalmor and Vampires are the worst! :p

I am probably getting this thread too off topic though. And I do agree with the previous statements of Fallout MMO making a lot for sense than TES MMO. Even though I will give TESO a chance, even if it will be just for one month.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Bruce-Lee-Angry-Stare-Before-The-Showdown-In-Enter-the-Dragon.gif

:dance:

I was always a Breton in Elder Scrolls - magic users FTW!

Whether it be Fallout 4, or New Vegas 2, I'm hoping for a much more gritty, dark experience (over New Vegas), more areas to explore, and more HUGE enemies. New Vegas severely lacked in awesome huge enemies, even though they amped up deathclaws. Super Mutant Behemoths! There should be a town of them...

@Foxxy - The Thalmor were evil bastard, but I always found them interesting. Maybe they don't even need to be the focal point of the game, but I think setting the next game in their region would be cool seeing as it's an island and not attached to the rest of Tamriel. I don't know :p

You're a strong man. There's no way I'm giving TESO a chance. I don't have the cash to support the game monthly :(

In b4..oh wait.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 myself..but I don't give 2 shits whether F4 ever comes out or not. In general I despise all RPG games. :o

I find RPG games hard to get into, but FO3 is definitely one of the better ones.

Look at Far Cry 3, now look at Fallout 3. What's the difference between them? Nothing really, only the story and environment. They're both RPG's: leveling up, skills and perks, main story mission, side quests, open world exploration.

I think some people don't like Fallout because of the setting/environment. I obviously can't speak for you, but that's what I think!

Edited by BiggD

Despite all its short comings and faults etc. I really enjoyed Fallout 3. Played it 5 times all the way through. Saying that, I accept that yes, it is dated, and the voice acting is abysmal amongst other things, but I find it great to puck up and play. Just hope that when Fallout 4 does get released, Bethesda have bug tested the shit out of it. They really got to get that sorted. Plus hire some more voice actors. I wouldn't mind playing the older Fallout series, but alas I don't own a pc.

...Plus hire some more voice actors. I wouldn't mind playing the older Fallout series, but alas I don't own a pc.

So long as the get Keith Szarabajka on board for some VO, I'll be happy.

YES! I love the Bretons!

Pshh, Bretons are overpowered and overrated. Khajitt and Dunmer all the way!