Glitched Achievements

Maledar

I've got a really strange glitch with mine for L4D2. One of my 15 points acheivements is glitched - my total gamerscore is correct, but under the game it shows 15 points less then it should and 1 less acheivement (in the numbers only though, the pictures show the right number).

Any thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i was working on THE QUICK AND THE DEAD30 and using 2 controllers in survivor at the mall and killed off the 2 AI and had player 2 fall off the upper level took the adren shot and it worked 6 times in a row as of today and now for some reason it is stuck at 6 and using the same method, i even tried going off line and clearing the 360 cache still nothing any thoughts tia, ps: even tried taking the adren shot before they fall off

All the achievements people mention as "glitched" has worked fine for me, however, there are one particular achievement that doesn't work for me even though I've done it correctly several times, and that is the Level The Charge achievement, where you have to kill a charging charger with a melee-weapon, I'm 99,9% sure that I've hit him in the middle of a charge and killed him, the text saying "HighsounD killed Charger" pops up every time. WTF.

All the achievements people mention as "glitched" has worked fine for me, however, there are one particular achievement that doesn't work for me even though I've done it correctly several times, and that is the Level The Charge achievement, where you have to kill a charging charger with a melee-weapon, I'm 99,9% sure that I've hit him in the middle of a charge and killed him, the text saying "HighsounD killed Charger" pops up every time. WTF.
I managed to get level the charge when i was doing the melee only CONFEDERACY OF CRUNCHES achievement and was in a corridor he came around the corner and boom he was dead the AI didn't react to it....

For people having trouble getting "Wing and a Prayer" just go offline. I did it twice on single player while still signed into Xbox Live and I never got it. Took no damage and no achievement.

So I signed out of Live and tried again. Got the achievement my first try.

Yeah I had to do the same thing. I tried it so many times in different positions of the plane, followed the videos and it never popped up. So I deleted my cache and went offline. The first time I tried it offline that sucker popped up on my screen and I had the achievement.

"A spittle help from my friends" does have to be done as he is pulling a survivor. that counts as being dragged, caught on something or hanging off the side of a building. once he has your in his grasp you cant get it.

INCORRECT - I got this by spitting on a survivor who a smoker had in his grasp for a good 10 seconds.

Just play the game, the achievements come more easily when you just play it. When you purposely try to get an achievement, it takes forever.

Am I the only one who has problems getting the guardian gnome achievement? I tried it two times now and I didn't get the achievement. I followed this video guide:

I can't be bothered after I got almost to the end, put down the gnome when getting swarmed, and then it disappeared. I'm guessing it clipped into some object but it was nowhere visible after a long search.

I've done most of these 'glitched' achievements with little to no difficulty. You should check and make sure you aren't missing something before you go on a hysteria induced forum rant about nonexistent bugs.

For example: Wing and a Prayer. Single player campaign on easy. I went to the airplane. I sat behind the AI inbetween the seats to the right of the door, threw a bile bomb, and just watched to make sure nothing approached me. My screen never flashed red, never was hit, never took damage, no friendly fire. Bam, achievement unlocked, I went on my way. There's nothing special about it.

Mmmm i did it in easy and normal perfectly but no achievements... maybe because i'm playing in solo mode???

I did it on easy on single player mode. I crouched behind some chairs, and let the AIs do the killing for me. After the horde disappeared, I got up, walked towards the center of the plane: Achievement Unlocked. A Wing and a Prayer.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the Dark Carnival campaign first time and rescued the little bugger that is Chompski, and I got the achievement for it. What I didn't get though, was the achievement for beating the dark carnival. Has this happened to anyone else?

It's not too much of a problem as I'm obviously going to play it again, but it would be nice to get achievements when i earn them...

The one with the bridge, does everybody have to survive to get it? I only ask because in a team of three, only one player made it to the end and he got it. He basically left me and this other guy to die on the bridge. He got the achievement, the other guy did, but I got nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that I died first, the AI was hanging off the side, and other guy was just downed I think as the helicopter took off with the other guy.

Definately "A Wing and a Prayer".. have done that at least 3 times without being touched and it doesn't wanna unlock for me.

**UPDATE** I tried it again on Normal.. I was doing it on easy and the achievement wouldn't unlock. It unlocked on Normal though. So.. everyone should probly try it on Normal first.. may really be bugged if it doesn't unlock on that.

I did it on easy maybe ur bots or friends got hit

I had difficulties with the Wing and a Prayer one too. I'm an avid gamer and am 99.999% confident I've gotten it around 10 times. I tried with splitscreen, AI, no AI, etc. Everyone would get it except me. I DID FINALLY get it through the method listed where you stay in the safe room and everyone else leaves and triggers the plane crescendo event... WEIRD... but it finally popped.