Godzilla 2

Rapture639

Awesome! The reboot has gotten me into the franchise and was the only movie I felt inclined to see in theaters this year, so far. The audience I had was respectable at least so that was part of the fun when people cheered during big moments like the final atomic breath scene.

If Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah are all antagonists in the sequel I hope that implies this isn't a human-driven drama and we'll get some cool fights that don't cut away quickly after starting. And if a sequel is focused on the humans they shouldn't thrown in a high profile actor like Cranston that steals the show but ends up getting killed off farily early. :p

Awesome! ...And if a sequel is focused on the humans they shouldn't thrown in a high profile actor like Cranston that steals the show but ends up getting killed off farily early. :p

or if they do go big name, make it someone annoying like Anthony Anderson or Kathy Griffin. Lindsay Lohan in a Ghidorah suit... or moth wings...

Do we have different definition of respectable?

Sounds like it, ha. I don't go to theaters all that often because I've had bad luck/it's just a mess. Didn't go at all last year and before Godzilla the last film I saw at my local theater was The Dark Knight Rises. It felt like everytime I went someone in the crowd was being annoying. Parents not being able to control their kids so they ran around the aisles, people trying to comment aloud during the film, someone from the top row flicking popcorn. Even saw someone throw a drink once, cars getting broken into at the parking lot etc.

I'm a morning person but my friends aren't so if I want to watch a movie with them it's usually in the afternoon/evening when things get rowdy. Thankfully one friend has a kid who started summer swim team so they've gotta get up early for practice and the meets. I was able to watch an early showing of Godzilla with him.

I don't mind if people laugh when they find something funny/cheer at something cool but I'll cut my rant short and just say that I still hate my local theater. But I'm making it a point to watch movies earlier in the morning to avoid the hooligans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...