Boosting.

SwampertTheGreat

I don't think boosting for achievements is such a bad thing.

I get a bit annoyed when I play a game and I can't get 100% on it just because I'm not "skilled" enough to beat 100 people online when half of the people cheat, are really cheap, or are just too good at the game.

I think that for people who just can't really get good enough at a game to be able to beat people who master characters and play it nonstop, boosting is a god-send.

I'm not gonna lie, I think boosting to get achievements is pretty sad, if you aren't good enough to get specific achievements on your own....then don't attempt to go after that specific achievement. :p

Lol? Try to do seriously in the first gears of war without boosting, I'll see you in a year to see if your gettin close!

There's achievements that doesn't require any skill in general, but that are very time consuming, that's why boosting is nice.

Lol? Try to do seriously in the first gears of war without boosting, I'll see you in a year to see if your gettin close!

There's achievements that doesn't require any skill in general, but that are very time consuming, that's why boosting is nice.

well u can count me in

i got gears of war 1 legitely and also call of duty 3 40000points legitly

I never played online multiplayer and do not plan to in the future, so my choice is limited to give up on the achievements, or boost for them. Many games include online multiplayer achievements, so it's hard for me to completely give up on them. So, I tend to boost simple ones that require 2-4 people and does not require too much time.

Boosting and a lack of skill or patience have nothing in common for some people. I never start out boosting, but for just about every online game I play there ends up being some degree of it. Whether it is mopping up the last few tricky achievements, getting some out of the way so I can play to level 50 for fun or just finding a match. Some do require boosting though, not because of a lack of skill, but because of a lack of class on the part of other players.

Prime example is sports games. I am playing MLB 2K10 right now, which has an achievement for winning 3 in a row online. Which is fine, except for the fact that if someone quits to prevent losing, the streak resets to 0. Same with NHL 08. I can't tell you how many achievements I lost out on because my opponent quit in the last minute because he was losing. As a result, I do a mix. If the achievement is just play 50 games like in NHL 08, I play to 50 and then boost what I didn't get. Will I have won 3 in a row naturally? Yeah, probably, but I probably wouldn't get the achievement to show for it.

Some games have a community that will actively prevent you from trying to get an achievement, too. The GRAW leaderboards have people trying to block others from getting the achievements now, just like NHL 08 did, or Chromehounds. I have heard of some many people on Red Dead where people see you are going for an achievement and will hunt you down to prevent you from getting it. It isn't a lack of skill there, either. Sometimes, you just need to boost the achievement.

I'm currently boosting MvC2, I have no desire to learn the game and I certainly don't have a strong enough connection to play it online.

Boosting doesn't phase me because I don't care that much about the majority of the games on my tag. The only ones I did get without boosting were the Rock Band series and the Street Fighter 4 series, because they're the only games I play properly in the first place :p

It's not really a achievement if your setting it up.

I don't find that a problem until someone actually brags about having that specific achievement, most online and offline achievements in games don't take much if any skill in the first place. From an efficiency viewpoint it's better to boost online to knock it out faster, leaving you with more free time to work on skillful offline achievements that aren't coupled with variables like lag, poor community, etc.

This boosting debate always seems to pop up here every 2 months or so. I get that some people might not like seeing others get multi achievements that they worked so hard to get. But if you're telling me that you're going for multi achievements in Dark Sector, The Darkness, or Overlord, then good luck. Because NOONE plays these games, so you'll never 'legitimately' get those achievements without boosting. Oh ya, that's another thing, boosting IS legit. It might not seem 'fair', but it certainly should be accepted for what it is and offers. If anyone here has tried to get the Saints Row multi achievements by themselves, then you know it's virtually impossible with all the team killing and whatnot. You NEED boosters in that game to have your back just to slowly work on an achievement that'll take time even WITH 6-8 people. The only exception to boosting should be fighting games, which are one on one. These should be acquired by yourself, without the boosting method. But even in this case there are exceptions, like Marvel Vs Capcom 2.

I like to get all of the MP achievements I can without the method, but it's perfectly acceptible to do it, especially when there are games that have no online crowd at all, like the aforementioned Dark Sector or on games like Sega Rally.

I'm thinking of asking for assistance in those games in particular. I checked online for both of them and found no players at all for those games, and I want to get more achievements out of them before I sell them. I'd just like to get my moneys worth before I pass the games along, and getting near to 1000 points in Dark Sector but not finishing it will probably irritate me quite a bit.

It jsut depends on the game, really. I enjoy trying to go legit for MP achievements and it feels nice when you get 'em, but let's say, for example, the Challenger achievement in Blur. I take it not everyone is skilled enough (or lucky enough for that matter) to actually be 1st, then last, then win the race. Things like that need to be boosted. As well as playing 100MP matches in a game which no one plays.