Achievement Guide + Road Map

http://dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/pacman_championship_edition_DX_logo.jpg

Overview:

Difficulty: 2/10

Offline: 12 (200:gsicon:)

Online: 0

Approximate amount of time to 200:gsicon:: 1 Hour - 2 Hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 10+ (See below.)

Missable Achievements: No

Unobtainable Achievements: No

Glitchy Achievements: No

Does difficulty effect achievements?: No (However, Normal or Expert is recommended)

Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats

Extra Equipment Needed?: No

Introduction:

Welcome to Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, easily one of the best XBLA games to come out in 2010. This game is the sequel to the semi-popular Pac-Man Championship Edition game, and this game also celebrates Pac-Man's 30th Anniversary. There are a bunch of new features, like different graphics and music to use and tons of more ghosts. Out of the four Pac-Man games on the XBLA right now, this is arguably the easiest to get 200:gsicon: on, but the original Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man are very close. But I think everyone can agree that after you're done with your 200:gsicon: for this game, you might keep playing it afterwards because of how addicting it is. Also, this is one of those games where the achievement unlocks after you finished a playthrough, so try to keep that in mind when going for the achievements. I.E. Sparkster won’t unlock until the level ends, etc. I gave the game a difficulty of 2/10 because all of the achievements are easy to unlock for the most part, except that Score Attack (5 Minutes) and Score Attack (10 Minutes) can be a little annoying to unlock.

Why I say more than 10 playthroughs is because you have to beat the first 7 short time trials for the 10 minute one, which would be your 8th playthrough. For the 5 minute and 10 minute score attacks, it is possible to do all of the achievements on your first try, but it would probably take you more than only 2 playthroughs, hence the 10 playthroughs. See the achievement guide below for tips on how to get these easily in a fair amount of playthroughs.

Abbreviated Walkthrough:

Part 1 (Score Attack) (170:gsicon:): Most of your achievements would be found in your score attack playthroughs, so I would recommend going here first. My personal map recommendation is Champion II because it's available at the start, and is easily one of the more basic maps in the game. On your first playthrough, there will only be 5 minute score attack, but you get 10 minute score attack after you finish 5 minute score attack for the first time. Don't try to go for all of the achievements right away and try to get a feel for the game. However, without trying, you will probably pick up Sparkster, 30 Ghost Combo, Score Attack (5 Minutes), Score Attack (10 Minutes), and maybe 500,000 Points and 1,500,000 Points. If you don’t pick up the 500,000 and 1,500,000 point achievements, don’t worry because you will get them when you get the 1,000,000 Points and 2,000,000 Points achievements, respectively. The point based achievements are best done on Expert, but if you want to be safer, you could do them on Normal. But ironically, if you choose Normal, it could be harder for you since it's take a little bit to catch up to the pace you would start out with on Expert. Also, you could go for No Mistakes and No Bombs, but I would get them later once you clean up the achievements.

Part 2 (Time Trials) (30:gsicon:): You only get one achievement for Time Trials, and that's to beat the full 10 minute Time Trial mode. You have to do some smaller time trials before you come across this 10 minute one, but once you beat the 10 minute one, Time Trial Cleared will pop up. Also, by now, you should also have All Maze Visuals, but if you don't have that or any other achievement yet, check Part 3 (Clean Up) or the guide itself.

Part 3 (Clean Up): You should have the full 200:gsicon: by now, but if you don't, you probably skipped some of them. Check the guide for tips on how you get the ones you skipped.

Conclusion: That's it! Getting 1,000,000 points in 5 minute score attack and 2,000,000 points in 10 minute score attack can be a little annoying, but they are manageable. I hope you enjoyed having as much fun getting the 200:gsicon: as I did, and unless you came just for the achievements, you will find that you will want to come back to this game for a good short while. If you are stuck on a certain achievement, check the guide for tips.

Edited by Mariofan141

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/oh/HW/1ICLiGJhbC9FFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn+-kRuQ==.jpgSparkster - 5:gsicon:

Emit sparks for 1 second!

This is the easiest achievement in the game. If you played the original Pac-Man: Championship Edition, then you should know how to do this. But in case you don't know, all you have to do is move the :ls: diagonally when against a wall for one second, which will emit sparks on contact, hence the achievement description.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Fx/j3/1oCLiGJhbC9GFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn+dgYDA==.jpg30 Ghost Combo - 10:gsicon:

Eat 30 ghosts in succession!

This will most likely come naturally without even trying. Just keep gathering ghosts to chase you until you find a Power Pellet (don’t go for the one in the bottom since you'll usually won’t have enough ghosts chasing you). Once you get the Power Pellet, chomp away and you should get it. Also, when they say succession, they mean before the Power Pellet's effect goes out, not eating as much as you can in a row. This makes it a little easier to unlock.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/hO/AX/14CLiGJhbC9HFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzMAAAAA5+fn+Djgnw==.jpgScore Attack (5 Minutes) - 10:gsicon:

Play Score Attack (5 Minutes) until the very end!

See "Score Attack (10 Minutes)" for more details.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/fQ/u1/0oCLiGJhbC9AFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn-ZoLZg==.jpgScore Attack (10 Minutes) - 15:gsicon:

Play Score Attack (10 Minutes) until the very end!

This and Score Attack (5 Minutes) will come along naturally. All you have to do is beat it to unlock the achievement.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/7v/NV/04CLiGJhbC9BFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn-Hrz9Q==.jpgTime Trial Cleared - 15:gsicon:

Beat the Time Trial mode!

You may notice there is more than one time trial mode. At first, you only have "Short Time Trial 1", but you unlock the next short time trial after. After you beat the 7th one, which shouldn't take long at all, you will unlock a 10 minute one. This one is what they meant by "Time Trial Mode". Despite the 10 minute time limit, it's a lot shorter than it looks and took me roughly about 5 minutes. Beat it and bam, achievement unlocked.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/W-/p0/0YCLiGJhbC9CFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn-lv6QA==.jpgNo Mistakes - 15:gsicon:

Finish Score Attack (5 Minutes) with no mistakes!

This achievement is a little misleading. By mistakes, they mean don't die, not "never go in slow motion" or something like that. This is actually much easier than it looks. All you have to do is choose Score Attack (5 Minutes), make your difficulty Beginner, and then just keep camping by going in circles without waking up too many ghosts. Also, don’t eat a Power Pellet, it usually cranks up your speed by at least 10 points if you eat the ghosts. This, along with No Bombs, should be done on a playthrough that doesn't involve getting points, seeing as you will have to stall most of the time.

Edited by Mariofan141

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/yA/KU/0ICLiGJhbC9DFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn-7sC0w==.jpgNo Bombs - 15:gsicon:

Finish Score Attack (5 Minutes) without using a bomb!

See "No Mistakes" for more details.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/xh/az/04CLiGJhbC9MFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn-JwW3Q==.jpgAll Maze Visuals - 15:gsicon:

Beat the game with every maze visual.

Just so you know, maze visuals are the themes you choose to play with in any level, not playing all of the different levels. This means you can get these all in one level. When you start a game, you will have the usual options of what music, theme, and character graphics you want. You only need to worry about the themes here. There are 8 different kinds of themes (A to H), so you are guaranteed to get these during your time trial playthroughs, which is the quickest way to get to unlock this achievement anyway.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ve/5T/0oCLiGJhbC9NFQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wLzkAAAAA5+fn-XzuTg==.jpg500,000 Points - 20:gsicon:

Score 500,000 points! (Score Attack 5 Minutes)

See "2,000,000 Points" for more details.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/lA/Pt/0YCLiGJhbC81FQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wL0EAAAAA5+fn-sIDjw==.jpg1,000,000 Points - 30:gsicon:

Score 1,000,000 points! (Score Attack 5 Minutes)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/IQ/rM/04CLiGJhbC82FQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wL0IAAAAA5+fn-OMKOg==.jpg1,500,000 Points - 20:gsicon:

Score 1,500,000 points! (Score Attack 10 Minutes)

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/sv/Is/0oCLiGJhbC83FQUXXFJRbjhDL2FjaC8wL0MAAAAA5+fn-QPyqQ==.jpg2,000,000 Points - 30:gsicon:

Score 2,000,000 points! (Score Attack 10 Minutes)

This, along with "1,000,000 Points" are probably the hardest achievements in the game. Obviously you need to go for as much ghosts, fruits, power pellets, and dots as you can, but it's good to play the level for a bit to get a feel of what to do next. This isn’t insanely hard or anything, but it could take you a good few tries. Like I said in the roadmap, I recommend choosing the level Champion II and making your difficulty "Expert", which isn't all that hard. Here's a video to give you an idea on what to do: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d53XwhPfRCI]YouTube - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX - Score Attack - Championship II[/ame]

Edited by Mariofan141

thanx for the guide. but guys this game is the easiest game on xbla to get 200 in. i suck at pacman i couldnt complete any pac man game before but this is soooo eaasy. i literally got this in 30 minutes(i just downloaded the game). even the 1000 000 and 2000 000 point is very easy to get but make sure u start ur speed at normal and not easy. the rest of the achivments i got without even trying, and for timee attach u will finish it in 5 minutes but make sure u change the visual in easch of the 9 challenges u do to unlock the visual achievment.

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to say that the guide is 100% complete. If someone could sticky the guide, that would be awesome. :woop:

Wouldnt say its 100% more like 95%, sweeten up the guide by putting the ":gsicon:" after the achievement and point value, ie: Sparkster 10:gsicon:

Also do this for everything such as

Total time too 200:gsicon: 30mins-2 hours or whatever, after that it should be fine

Totally off-topic, noticed you watch the AVGN, glad to know im not the only one =)

Wouldnt say its 100% more like 95%, sweeten up the guide by putting the ":gsicon:" after the achievement and point value, ie: Sparkster 10:gsicon:

Also do this for everything such as

Total time too 200:gsicon: 30mins-2 hours or whatever, after that it should be fine

Totally off-topic, noticed you watch the AVGN, glad to know im not the only one =)

Thanks for telling me, I added the :gsicon: to the guide, which means the guide is just about 100% complete (unless people want to give a little more feedback).

Yeah, AVGN is funny. I watch him pretty often. :woop:

Edited by Mariofan141

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is this game really fun? I have tried the Demo for DX but im still on the fence about buying it. I just dont want hours of the same thing over and over (which i know is pac-man but still) and i know about all of the editing and stuff. But are the different modes entertaining?

The different modes are pretty entertaining, but how long you would want to play them depends on you thinking if the game is repetitive or not. Since you said you don't like repititive things, you would probably play this game for about 3 - 8 days I would say. If you really enjoy Pac-Man, then you would probably play this for a few good weeks/months.

This isn't really the topic to ask that kind of a question, though. Welcome to the fourms. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this about a half hour ago on deal of the week and your guide bought me an easy 145gs on this game in a matter of fifteen or twenty minutes.

Thanks for putting your guide together, the road map is among the easiest to follow

I've seen and works perfectly.

To Specs - I asked a friend that got this game a while back and got his 200 on it, he says the levels unlock as you beat the one before it in the list, though he thinks that for the last couple you need to have an A rank on the map prior to the one you wish to unlock. He said that he was able to get A's easily by getting the 5 minute challenge 1 million pts and the 10 minute 2 million challenges on the one prior to whichever remains locked for you. I've personally only played for around twenty minutes, but his advice has always been reliable for me.

Hope the above helps you out, best of luck with it.

Thanks again to the op for a clean, well thought out and very well made guide.

Cheers!