Guitar Hero: World Tour F.A.Q.

Valiant Goat

Why did you make this thread?

Mainly because there wasn't one yet, and to hopefully reduce a number of reoccurring threads from cluttering up the lovely Guitar Hero World Tour forums. :)

So let's get started...

How do I unlock _______ achievement?

Well you check out Apples Delicious Achievement Guide, of course...

Instrument/Controller

Can I play with a standard controller?

No, unfortunately you can not play guitar, bass, or drums with a standard controller. The only use for it is to attach the microphone(or headset) to do vocals.

Can I use my Xplorer(GH2) or Les Paul(GH3) to play World Tour?

Yes, you can. Since the previous models don't have a touch strip, you will have to play the tapping sections(purple shaded notes) as if they were regular Hammer-Ons/Pull-Offs.

Can I use my Rock Band 1 or 2 instruments in World Tour?

Yes. The drum chart is truncated to 4 notes(plus kick) to accommodate the 4 pad Rock Band kits. To activate Star Power on a Rock Band drum kit you have to hit the Yellow and Blue pads simultaneously.

Can I use my World Tour instruments in Rock Band 1 or 2?

Yes. The drums charts still only have 4 notes(plus kick). The orange cymbal on the World Tour kit acts as a second yellow pad.

Does using the Rock Band drum kit change the optimal score, then if I were to use the World Tour drum kit?

Yes, it actually decreases the optimal score. With the Rock Band kit all Blue and Orange notes, that would appear with a World Tour kit connected, are translated to Blue notes. So if there were normally a Blue+Orange set of notes, with the Rock Band kit you'd only get a single Blue note. As well as that translation effect, the Orange note(only present with the World Tour kit) has a base value of 60 points whereas the other pad/cymbal notes are worth 50 points.

How do I activate Star Power on drums?

With World Tour drum kit: Hit both Yellow and Orange cymbals at the same time.

Rock Band drum kit: Hit both Yellow and Blue pads at the same time.

DLC

How do I play DLC tracks online?

You can ONLY play DLC online in Online Quickplay, DLC is NOT availible for play in Band Quickplay.

Note: all band members must have a given DLC track to play it online as a group.

Can I play Guitar Hero 3 DLC in World Tour?

No, with the exception of the Metallica "Death Magnetic" Track Pack.

Do I have to re-buy or re-download the Metallica Track Pack to play in Guitar Hero 3/World Tour?

No, the pack is a one-time buy and one-time download that is playable in both Guitar Hero 3 and World Tour. Drum and Vocal charts are Included.

What songs are available, or coming out, as DLC?

Check out aPerfektFIaw's List of DLC thread.

Game Play

What the heck are these purple notes about?

The strings of purple notes are "tapping" sections. For these parts you can use the Slide Bar(touch strip) to slide your finger along to hit notes. Alternatively you can use the fret buttons much like you would for a series of Hammer-On/Pull-Off notes, though missing a note does not require you to strum again.

How do I enable Hyperspeed?

From the main Menu go into the "Options", the go down to "Cheats", then "Enter New Cheat" and hit the following fret buttons/drum pads.

Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Yellow, Red, Green, Green

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2478&albumid=508&dl=1225846745&thumb=1http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2481&albumid=508&dl=1225846784&thumb=1http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2479&albumid=508&dl=1225846745&thumb=1http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2480&albumid=508&dl=1225846745&thumb=1http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2480&albumid=508&dl=1225846745&thumb=1http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2479&albumid=508&dl=1225846745&thumb=1http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2478&albumid=508&dl=1225846745&thumb=1http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?pictureid=2478&albumid=508&dl=1225846745&thumb=1

You will be given a message to say you've unlocked hyperspeed, and it is selectable in the "Cheats" menu.

Note: No need to strum when entering codes in this game when using the guitar controller.

How do I play as Jimi Hendrix?

Currently there are only two ways you can only play as Hendrix:

1) you are lucky enough to randomly have him as your playable character in Quickplay,

[spoiler=Jimi]2) when you play the two Hendrix tracks in the 14th gig(San Francisco - AT&T Park) in the Guitar Career

Note: It is speculated that purchasing the upcoming Hendrix DLC Pack will unlock him as a regular playable character.

Edited by Valiant Goat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Support-(info taken from Red Octane support site)

For additional help following the provided links.

The sound and video seems to be out of sync, what can I do to fix this?[Link]

In the Options there is a Calibrate Lag to correct the latency. Component/HDMI cable can help with the latency if you are using composite cable on a HDTV.

I'm having issues with my Guitar controller.[Link] Try the following:

• Verify that your guitar is connected to the 360 by looking for the green indicator light around the Guide button. If you do not see this then the guitar is not connected to the console, please see this guide.
  • Try disconnecting and reconnecting the guitar, then restarting the system. Wireless controllers can be turned off by holding in the guide button until the right menu appears.
  • If the buttons are not functioning in the game or behaving oddly please press the lever on the back of the guitar at the base of the neck and remove the neck from the guitar. Then plug the neck back into the guitar.
  • Check to see if the guitar button in question is functioning in the Xbox 360 dashboard (the strum bar should scroll you up and down, the fret buttons act that the button of the same color on the 360 controller, etc)
  • If the strum bar is registering extra hits try keeping a finger on the strum bar while playing the game instead of flicking it with your fingers/hand.
  • If you are using a wireless guitar please try a fresh set of batteries in the guitar.

I'm having issues with my Microphone.[Link]

If your microphone is not working then please check to make sure that the microphone USB plug is firmly plugged into the USB port. If the microphone is firmly plugged into the USB port then go into the game and make sure that you are setting it up properly. The player using the microphone must have a game controller connected to the console. Check your game manual for game-specific configuration settings.

I'm having issues with my Drum kit.[Link]

If the drum set does not work at all try the following:

• Check that the drum set has working batteries.
  • If you have confirmed that the batteries are good then check that the drum set is powered on and bound to the console.
  • If the drum is receiving power and is bound properly then see if the drums work outside of the game in the console's system menus.

If one of the drum pads is not working try the following:

• Check that the drum set is powered on and bound to the console.
  • If it is powered on and properly bound to the console then try the other drum pads.

If one of the cymbals is not working try the following:

• Check the cable and make sure that it is connected properly.
  • If the cymbal still does not work try swapping the cymbals.

If the foot pedal is not working then check the following:

• Check the cable and make sure that it is connected properly.
  • If the cable is connected properly but the pedal still does not work then check that the drum set is powered on and bound to the console.

The drum pads, cymbals, or foot pedal are not sensitive enough or they are too sensitive.[Link]

• If you find that the drum pads are not sensitive enough or that they are too sensitive try hitting the drum pad a little softer or harder. The pads may feel different from other drum games that you may have played.
  • If you find that the cymbals are not sensitive enough check to make sure that the cymbal cable is firmly plugged in. If it is plugged in firmly then you may just need to hit the cymbal a little harder. If the cymbals are too sensitive then check to make sure that the nut that holds the cymbal in place is firmly attached. Also check that the screws on the cymbal mount are tight.
  • If the foot pedal is not sensitive enough then try pressing it a little harder. If the foot pedal is too sensitive then try pressing it a little softer. Also you will want to make sure that the pedal is not lifting off of the floor when you press on it. Make sure that the pedal is on a flat surface.

I'm still having Drum sensitivity issues(Sensitivity Tuning).

You can change the sensitivity settings of all pads, cymbals, and the kick pedal. To do this you will need a midi-USB cable and a tuning program, both of which are currently availible for free from Red Octane. For directions to recieve the midi-USB cable, and to download the tuning program follow this ---> [Link] think about that one :p

Edited by Valiant Goat

RESERVE

--------------------------------------

I hope this helps. If you think something should be added or have a correction please PM me and I'll make necessary changes.

I only have the game with the guitar, so Rock Band and drum/vocal related information is based on what others have said(if it's wrong PLEASE let me know).

11/4 - Initial Creation

11/5 - Moved a few things, added Support section, replies deleted for additional edits.

11/7 - Added drum kit optimal score info, and Star Power activation(drums)

Edited by Valiant Goat

Guest Deleted2014-12-02
The other replies were only deleted cause I was dumb and didn't reserve a couple posts, and thanks. :p

Kinda figured.

Nice start! I have a question:

If you use the RB drumkit (4 pads), can you still score the same amount of points with an FC as you would with the WT drum kit (5 pads)?

I honestly don't know so if the question sounds daft I'm sorry. :p

I really have no idea, since I don't have either drum set I can't say for sure. I'll see what I can find out. If anyone knows let us know!

Nice start! I have a question:

If you use the RB drumkit (4 pads), can you still score the same amount of points with an FC as you would with the WT drum kit (5 pads)?

I honestly don't know so if the question sounds daft I'm sorry. :p

Yes you can get the same amount of points. All the game does it remap the orange note to Green or Red depending on where it feels the best fit is, so you have the same amount of notes

Yes you can get the same amount of points. All the game does it remap the orange note to Green or Red depending on where it feels the best fit is, so you have the same amount of notes

It actually appears that higher scores are atainable with the WT drum kit then with the RB drum kit. Since the orange cymbal(WT), and blue pad(WT) are both translated to a blue pad(RB). So when there is a BO note it becomes just a blue note. Also, the orange note seems to be worth 60 points(base value) rather then 50 like the other colored notes. I'll be playing with the WT drums a little later today, at a friends, so I'll check the point value difference for myself. Then I'll make the F.A.Q. addition.

Well you can use the Rock band Pedal ( or custom pedals if you wish) if you order the Double Twin Rocker Switch from Steridan Technologies ( www.omegapedal.com) .

MAKE sure you order the WT switch and NOT the rock band switch!!!

the rock band switch is self powered ( and does not work in World Tour) and the WT uses and needs a battery to work.

also remember you cannot combine pedals ............ it is either the GH pedal or the rock band ( modded pedals) only, combining them will NOT work .........

Edited by Davem3 TF

Added my findings regarding optimal score differences between using the World Tour drum kit and using a Rock Band kit. If anyone knows about the Rock Revolution kit I could add that, but I doubt anyone really cares :p I don't..

Does using the Rock Band drum kit change the optimal score, then if I were to use the World Tour drum kit?

Yes, it actually decreases the optimal score. With the Rock Band kit all Blue and Orange notes, that would appear with a World Tour kit connected, are translated to Blue notes. So if there were normally a Blue+Orange set of notes, with the Rock Band kit you'd only get a single Blue note. As well as that translation effect, the Orange note(only present with the World Tour kit) has a base value of 60 points whereas the other pad/cymbal notes are worth 50 points.

I think it's yellow and blue pads at the same time, since oranges are translated to blues...will see if I can find a definite answer.

Great question BTW.

Edit: that was a quick find, yeah it's Yellow+Blue pad for RB kits. You can do it when there's no notes, or say when there's a Yellow note hit Blue as well(and viscera). I'll add that into the F.A.Q. when I'm not playing CoD :p

Edited by Valiant Goat

I have a question:

How do you play a song six times in a setlist? A couple of people have said they do this but I can't seem to figure out how.

I also would like to know as I have been reading this on several posts and all I can ever do is select / deselect a song, not select it 6 times. Anybody know for sure what the deal is?

I think it's yellow and blue pads at the same time, since oranges are translated to blues...will see if I can find a definite answer.

Great question BTW.

Edit: that was a quick find, yeah it's Yellow+Blue pad for RB kits. You can do it when there's no notes, or say when there's a Yellow note hit Blue as well(and viscera). I'll add that into the F.A.Q. when I'm not playing CoD :p

Thanks for the reply.

Seems pretty tough to get it into action though.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02
I also would like to know as I have been reading this on several posts and all I can ever do is select / deselect a song, not select it 6 times. Anybody know for sure what the deal is?

I third that motion. Been wondering as well.

Edited by Deleted2014-12-02

I have a question:

How do you play a song six times in a setlist? A couple of people have said they do this but I can't seem to figure out how.

Sorry, but that is something I've not been able to figure out. I tried Solo quickplay and Band Quickplay to see if I could do it in one of those modes, but it didn't work in either. I just get the same Add, then Remove when trying to add a song multiple times.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Is there any way I can make an automated system where it plays Beginner songs while I go to sleep or college? Because that would be awesome. Obviously a wired controller or Play & Charge Kit and a wired mic is needed.

Is there any way I can make an automated system where it plays Beginner songs while I go to sleep or college? Because that would be awesome. Obviously a wired controller or Play & Charge Kit and a wired mic is needed.

That's not really a frequently asked question...lol.

I guess something could be setup, with enough effort. The hardest thing would be getting sets selected/made.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02
That's not really a frequently asked question...lol.

I guess something could be setup, with enough effort. The hardest thing would be getting sets selected/made.

I would be nice though, to go to sleep at midnight, go to college and come back at 4 to have another $100,000 in Career or something like that. It would help a lot of people if they wanted that achievement.

On a different note, is it possible for the Vocalist Expert to carry a Bassist Beginner who isn't playing any notes at all? Then you could get Band money too...

I built one that keeps pressing green, so the only thing it can do is keep repeating a beginner vocal gig. I let it run for a couple of days, but the RROD risk wasn't worth it. It could only make about $1000 every hour.