Good or Great/Hard or Insanely hard?

This game looks amazing,i've played the demo-which makes the game seem very appealing but have never played a CoJ game before.After reading through the guide it would appear there are several really tough achievements that could really test my patience-and my questionable skill level!

Any review/feedback on the games story,its difficulty levels and those troublesome achievements would be appreciated?

Edited by Mc1ovin11
Spellng/grammar check

I might have exaggerated a few parts in the guide due to my own dull skill in the game, but honestly it really isn't that bad. The game is a LOT of fun and definitely worth the purchase, one of those few games that can actually justify the 1200msp price.

The story itself isn't difficult at all even on the hardest diff level, it's the arcade missions and duels that will give you trouble. You just need to get in a lot of practice and be prepared to play the same thing over and over again if you want to max it all out.

Im having a lot of trouble getting 3 stars on arcade missions

But im loving how reckless it makes you play and the intense action

If youve played any of the previous games then this one is definitely better, in my oppinion at least(and im not only talking about the modern day one)

Also ignore the rating on here cus i gave the game a 0, stupid phone

Edited by batsman13 ateam

Im having a lot of trouble getting 3 stars on arcade missions

But im loving how reckless it makes you play and the intense action

If youve played any of the previous games then this one is definitely better, in my oppinion at least(and im not only talking about the modern day one)

Also ignore the rating on here cus i gave the game a 0, stupid phone

when it comes to arcade, you just have to make sure you kill everyone without losing your combo meter! it takes practice, but I used the shotgun class for every mission except the last one!

when it comes to arcade, you just have to make sure you kill everyone without losing your combo meter! it takes practice, but I used the shotgun class for every mission except the last one!

Maybe I should give the shotgun class a go, I'm not getting anywhere with duel pistols (Gunslinger) but I've nearly got the second last upgrade!

Thanks for the info guys-I was already kind of sold on getting the game as the demo was such damn fun but you've convinced me to go for it.I chose the 'gunslinger' class on the demo cos its looks cool-but will try 'shotgun' as well.With regards the new game+,can you do your 'True Wild West' playthrough utilising that and its carried over skill upgrades?That would be nice!

Edited by Mc1ovin11
Spelling

The arcade stars is the hardest achievement, but I am happy to report it is not nearly as hard as I imagined it to be, finshed today.

I used the Gunslinger (dual-pistols plus dynamite) for all but the last one (once you have the auto-load on concentration perk, it rocks pretty hard). For the second to last one (the Swamps, I still use Gunslinger but instead just wield the single pistol - ammo conservation is a huge deal on that level. For that last one, use of the rifle is mandatory I think, and levels up quick because a lot of points can be had on that level.

currently #9 overall arcade leaderboard - nice result for a goofer :p

With regards the new game+,can you do your 'True Wild West' playthrough utilising that and its carried over skill upgrades?That would be nice!

Yes you can. You don't have a HUD or crosshairs on TWW but the difficulty isn't as hard as I expected it to be, provided you use NG+.

Yes you can. You don't have a HUD or crosshairs on TWW but the difficulty isn't as hard as I expected it to be, provided you use NG+.

Many thanks pardner,i'll mosey onto the marketplace and rustle me up a copy right now.Yeeha!

Sorry,couldn't resist!

Edited by Mc1ovin11
Spelling

• 1 year later...
No cross hairs??? So the only real way to aim is ADS?

Only on the very hardest mode which you have to play through the game once to unlock, i'm just started my first place on normal and i've already learnt how to shoot without crosshairs. Not even 10mins into the first level, so i wouldnt stress about it, im no pro/quickscoper either.

• 4 weeks later...
Only on the very hardest mode which you have to play through the game once to unlock, i'm just started my first place on normal and i've already learnt how to shoot without crosshairs. Not even 10mins into the first level, so i wouldnt stress about it, im no pro/quickscoper either.

It's not that bad really, you use ADS 90% of the time anyways,

regards to what kind of hard play through it is, it's a fun hard 'til the last level and last two gun fights, I was getting 100% hand speed and sub .5 reaction time and still getting beat.