"Poker! Achievement" in 3-5 tries! Here's How

It's very simple if you do it using this method. It took me 3 tries in the video using this "exploit" if you wanna call it that but i played the dice poker game regularly and got nowhere but i discovered this after playing for so long i got annoyed and flicked the analog stick and the DI just hit an "invisible barrier" lol so i tried this method out and it worked easily :) let me know if it does for you guys too

The Witcher 2 : Poker! Achievement Guide MADE EASY! - YouTube

Is this before OR after the 1st patch?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this before OR after the 1st patch?

It doesn't matter if you use the method in this thread or not. It is totally based on luck, nothing more. People who got it in a dozen rolls or less by following the video got lucky. It's a total waste of time to drag the dice to the corner because it's random luck.

You don't get this achievement quickly due to using the stack method, you just had some really good luck.

Yeah the video in the OP is bullshit, it's purely based on luck. How do you guys know how many rolls it took you? Are you actually counting or is there a stats page somewhere that I don't know about?

In the lower right corner of the screen, you can see how many games you have won and lost to a character, as you are playing against him ;)

Just got it now. Took over 200 rolls, and it's all down to luck. Video method shouldn't be promoted as guaranteed to work when it doesn't.

Agreed i got it after about 3-4 hours (seriously)!! i was about to give in then got 5 1s by PURE LUCK the video way didnt work at all!! my advice is just keep rolling the normal way dont follow the video you will get it eventually and yes it does get boring but perseverance will pay off!! :)

Yeah, this glitch doesn't work at all, was just luck that the dice are lined up in the beginning.. I was trying this "glitch" for about an hour or so, and was getting frustrated so I started reading through all the replies to this, ended up just saying fuck dragging them over and just to toss the damned things.. Got it my very first try doing it the normal way, so fuck doing this method, just do it the normal way, much faster then dragging them over and trying to get them to land on top of each other.

Here is something that helped me loads. The AI will resign if they are classed as high ranked Dice players. My way around this was to only play with the three guys at the table in the basement of the Inn in Act 1. They are all scrubs and won't quit if you get a good first roll. They also have the dialog choice of playing Dice as their first option so you can hammer the A button to get back into the mini game each time.

Here is something that helped me loads. The AI will resign if they are classed as high ranked Dice players. My way around this was to only play with the three guys at the table in the basement of the Inn in Act 1. They are all scrubs and won't quit if you get a good first roll. They also have the dialog choice of playing Dice as their first option so you can hammer the A button to get back into the mini game each time.

For me, this helped much more than the initial posters method. Thanks Roy4le, achievement unlocked... eventually :)

Thanks for the videos. To be honest, I have NO clue how to even play this "poker" game. I have no idea what the symbols mean and can't seem to find anything explaining it. Hopefully, this video will help me get it.

It's very simple. Don't look at the symbols, look at the Roman numerals in the symbols, they're all that matter.

The winning combinations are explained here:

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Dice_poker_in_The_Witcher_2

This achievement is driving me nuts. I played dice for two hours last night and won 3000 orens, but still haven't got a Five-of-a-kind. I got it once during the Poker Face quest and won but it didn't count for the achievement. :mad:

The entry level players still quit on me. Whatever the level of player I found they will still quit if you roll 3 of a kind or better unless they have a good hand. If you roll a natural 5 of a kind they are going to quit unless by some fluke they also roll 5 of a kind.

The entry level players still quit on me. Whatever the level of player I found they will still quit if you roll 3 of a kind or better unless they have a good hand. If you roll a natural 5 of a kind they are going to quit unless by some fluke they also roll 5 of a kind.

Not sure if this occurs if you get too far into the game or what, but I never had the three guys in the Flotsam inn basement resign on me ever. Baring in mind I never got a natural 5 of a kind, but I did get many 3 of a kinds and around five 4 of a kinds before I eventually got it. I hadn't got past the Kayran at this point and I was on the latest patch too.

Edited by R0Y4LEwitCHEESE
punctuation

This is getting ridiculous. I've rolled those damn dice for 4 hours in total now and still haven't got a Five-of-a-kind. Managed to get my winning to around 7000 orens so it's not all bad, at least it's helping me toward the 10K orens achievement. But I'm starting to believe that I will never get a Five-of-a-kind.

Just out of curiosity, for those of you who are lucky enough to have gotten this achievement, where and when did you get it? At what chapter of the story? What location? Who did you play against? How much money have you gambled and how much winning did you make? And most importantly, what difficulty did you play the game on? Maybe all these little things factor into what your chances would be at getting this achievement. I'm playing on Dark at the moment, perhaps your chances are lower in Dark difficulty?

Well it might be luck, but once i saw the video of the stacking dice and not throwing them all over it was pretty quick for me. Got it during the prologue, but have managed to get five of a kind two more times during the first chapter and the sidequest of beating people at poker dice.

Maybe its just luck, but it is pretty easy to get 3 or 4 of a kind in the first throw with that method, and then it's just luck; if what you want is facing up, hit the right dpad a tinch and really slow so it lands with that side up, and if they are with another number up, just toss them so they roll, you might get lucky there. But honestly, I think that trick really improves your odds....

Edit.... I'm on Normal difficulty BTW.

Edited by SickSiD0
forgot info

Please help me out. I've got 5 of a kind 7 times now and the achievement won't unlock. The first time the other player resigned the other 6 I ended up winning, but for some reason the achievement won't unlock. I have tried playing against different NPCs and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Okay, so I played for 1 hour today and still no luck. Got bored and watched Iron Man 2 in preparation for the Avengers movie, I kept rolling the dice for the duration of the entire movie, no luck. So add that to the 4 hours I had put in previously, I've played dice poker for SEVEN FUCKING HOURS!!!! And I still haven't got a Five-of-a-kind!!!! I'm gonna do the same tomorrow while I watch Thor, but after that, I'm done, I won't waste anymore time on this achievement. Whoever thought of this achievement can, as the people of Temeria would say, go "plow themselves".

So finally got the cheevo today. I got it after 5 hours of playing. (not in one setting) I played the red caped guy in the inn basement. He never resigned on me ever. I got two of a kind of the double circles then rolled them to the right every roll and I finally got it on the second roll. Glad that is over. Good luck everybody. Btw I was on normal mode and in chapter 1 still.

I tried what is in the video and it does not work for me. I can get, at the most, three of them to stack, but that's it. Most of the time the dice go out of bounds, and I barely touch the analog stick. And, the ones that did stack were all different symbols!

I have no clue how he got them to stack and four of them come up the same symbol, but it is not happening for me, and I have been trying for over an hour!

I totally hate achievements that are based on mini-games, especially mini games based on pure luck.

Finally got it, but still only got 3 of them to stack, not all 5. And, it took me almost 2 hours!

Edited by DragonusDarque

Got it after about an hour of trying. Pretty lucky though. I can see people getting very frustrated with this achievement.

Got it in the first town (Flotsam) against the dude in Red.

I gave up on the video method, I just rolled lightly in the center of the board, when I got three of a kind I selected the other two and just lightly rolled those in the center two. Really is no skill involved at all

Edited by SeanTM22