eragon maybe the most boring game ever..

InfamouS IveS

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Yeah, there really isn't much to this game, both in the fights and the puzzle-solving if you could even call it that.

But, if you like a small, easily to remember ability list and a very linear path through the game so you don't have to work to hard, then you might like this game.

I'm slowly trying to get through it but it's definitely not for everyone. I can only handle about 2 levels at a time before I want to pull my hair out. Then I take a break

That's exactly what i thought of the game. I took me a week to beat it. I couldn't play straight through. Way too boring. Its bad when you can just run threw levels to beat them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

mchannon37 is absolutely right. I was playing this last night and just stone slumbered while in the middle of this battle to save the universe or wtf-ever. When I woke up, I still wasn't dead, but the compadre was suffering a little. Thanks for picking up the slack, Beor (sp?) I needed a little catnap.

Ach OCD--that's the god's honest truth.:drunk

• 2 months later...

Maybe i'm just weird, or maybe it's the fact i'm only up to level 8, but so far i am really quite enjoying this game!

From reading this forum i expected it was going to be really boring like King Kong or something but i have found it to be quite on the contrary.

Like i said before maybe i won't feel the same after 10 more levels :p So far so good though.

Maybe i'm just weird, or maybe it's the fact i'm only up to level 8, but so far i am really quite enjoying this game!

From reading this forum i expected it was going to be really boring like King Kong or something but i have found it to be quite on the contrary.

Like i said before maybe i won't feel the same after 10 more levels :p So far so good though.

I find most games where you just play through the movie to be very boring, but it actually isn't that bad. Go download Luxor 2 and then you'll be VERY BORED quickly.

• 1 month later...

After just finishing this game I have to say that I could not wait to put it in the mailbox and send it back to Gamefly. I almost cannot count the things that I hated about this game, with it's only redeeming value (in my opinion of course) being the fact that it's a relatively quick 1000 points.

To sum it all up, I think I'd rather sandpaper my sack and dip it in paint thinner before playing this game through a third time.

The level design is horrible and unimaginative. The two or three waterfalls in the game are about the only decent eye candy to be seen. The rest looks like something out a terrible Nickelodeon cartoon series. The cutscenes are worse than the regular in game graphics.

It seems like when they had a level that they wanted you to play longer they abandoned all creativity and decided to stick in a part where you couldn't advance until you killed x amount of x creature/guard which 98% of the time had you spamming precision arrow shots or throwing people off ledges.

To be perfectly honest, if I were a game developer, programmer, artist, producer...anything, and I worked on this game I'd leave it off my resume. I just can't see how anyone at the end of the day could make something like this and think to themselves that they had earned their paycheck.

If you want a quick but painful 1000 points, rent it and get it over with. If you have a gift card or some spare money burning a hole in your pocket, don't buy this game. Go buy an MS points card and get $40 worth of LIVE arcade games because there are definitely plenty of games in the marketplace that were crafted with more care and honest ingenuity than this pile of dung.

-Grishnaar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i actually am not having a problem with it. it reminds me of the old lotr games (the two towers, return of the king) a friend and i were going through it last night, and were laughing are ass off picking off people with a bow from miles away lol...

now when i go and play this single player it might be a totally different thing but with 2 people its fun, especially just laughing at thing like this one level we bowed these 2 guy is the face and they looked like that guy from hellraiser... or when you get a quick arrow off and it goes in one of the enemies throats, and they still continue fighting lol....

it was actually enjoyable.