How is this game on the 360?

Apple2Forever

I have the 360 version, and I must say....it's a little lackluster on it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and I'm not complaining. Just after all the waiting and hype I assumed the graphics would be better, even on the 360 version. It's not just the graphics, but the textures can take a little bit to load at times too.

I know I'm playing on last gen, and it was really made more for the One so I don't mind too much really. I still recommend it.

On the 360 version, the graphics could have been better...granted it couldn't have matched the One/PS4 versions, but could have at least matched a late 360 generations quality. I've also experienced voices losing sync or completely stopping during dialogue. Game freezes happen fairly frequently on the newest version of the 360. Hair and beards are awful.

All of the above could have been over-looked for the privilege of being able to play it on the 360 for those of us that can't afford to move on to the next generation...if the game wasn't so stripped of the features the previous Dragon Ages had. Like heals were removed in favor of a damage migration system in the form of a Barrier spell, which is an awesome spell if it was introduced as another spell for the support role and not a replacement. The party tactics are worse then the first two Dragon Age's, something that if I remember right, Dragon Age 2 perfected.

Just my opinion, other people might be more adaptive to the changes...but I was a HUGE fan of Dragon Age: Origins and had expectations of more of the same, but improved in the form of added features =)

Story is good but drawn out like an MMO.

If you're a Dark Souls fan, this game will probably satisfy you - Maybe not since at least in Dark Souls you can avoid damage by clever fighting tactics. As a Dragon Age fan this game will disappoint.

Edited by Stormcougar

I am playing on the 360 and have had no issues. I think the saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder pretty explains graphics. Some will say they are horrible other will say they are great. I think the environment graphics are nice, I like the little details in the graphics. The graphics on the characters/people on the other hand are okay but I think could have been better. Without spoiling there is a certain character in the game that looks nothing like they did in previous games. Didnt even recognize them at first. Dont know why they couldnt keep on point with that. This game is much much much ....better than DA2 and I would recommend it. I like the co-op multi-player also. If you ever played ME3 multi-player is very similar to that. This game is easily one of my favorite RPGs. For those not sure maybe rent it first and try it before buying.

• 2 weeks later...
On the 360 version, the graphics could have been better...granted it couldn't have matched the One/PS4 versions, but could have at least matched a late 360 generations quality. I've also experienced voices losing sync or completely stopping during dialogue. Game freezes happen fairly frequently on the newest version of the 360. Hair and beards are awful.

All of the above could have been over-looked for the privilege of being able to play it on the 360 for those of us that can't afford to move on to the next generation...if the game wasn't so stripped of the features the previous Dragon Ages had. Like heals were removed in favor of a damage migration system in the form of a Barrier spell, which is an awesome spell if it was introduced as another spell for the support role and not a replacement. The party tactics are worse then the first two Dragon Age's, something that if I remember right, Dragon Age 2 perfected.

Just my opinion, other people might be more adaptive to the changes...but I was a HUGE fan of Dragon Age: Origins and had expectations of more of the same, but improved in the form of added features =)

Story is good but drawn out like an MMO.

If you're a Dark Souls fan, this game will probably satisfy you - Maybe not since at least in Dark Souls you can avoid damage by clever fighting tactics. As a Dragon Age fan this game will disappoint.

I'm not sure how to take this. After just completing the game (1k/1k) on X1, this is the high point in the series. It takes the exploration and expansive nature of DA:O with the streamlined combat of DA2. Combat is not the same as its been in DA before, but that doesn't mean that its bad.

Once you figure out how to have a tank who can grab aggro, build his guard while adding barriers either around him (if you're confident in his ability to hold aggro), or your DPS/Mages (If you prefer not to take chances), its a really easy system. Towards the end of the game on Nightmare, I barely needed any health potions (This was not the case before getting to Skyhold, which was the toughest part of the game).

I found the blend of combat elements from DA:O and DA2 to work really well together. I didn't find the combat system "stripped" at all, I enjoyed it better than either of the previous entries (I actually found it more strategic than ever). It just takes some getting used to.

I completed the game and didnt have any issues with completing quests. If the quest marker is still there maybe you missed something? Are you pressing the LS to search? The search will reveal hidden items at times and when you find it the quest marker will then go away. If a quest marker is not showing up on your map it may be that you have to go to the war table and grab the quest from there. The game should get easier as you level up since you can add more points to your skill trees and abilities.

• 2 weeks later...

I found my Rogue to be pretty nice once I had all my skill trees set up nice. I didnt find it hard than being a mage. I was rouge first playthrough and a mage on my 2nd. If there is one thing I am getting better at with this is having the right tree(s) set up for yourself and your companions. Also having the right combination also i.e. 2 mages, one rouge, one warrior etc... Just fished 2nd playthrough on hard and on my next playthrough and doing nightmare O_O

I had a bit of glitching when talking to a character at some point in the game but with update it was smooth sailing on my 2nd playthrough.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the difference really that noticeable? I've also generally been holding out until I get an xbone but i could do with a new game on 360 so long it isn't an overly dampened down experience than that on xbone. Also, is it necessary to have played Origins and 2 before as I now nothing of the lore of DA?