Cant start the game

So the game says "Mirror this dance to start" and its a simple right together, left together... guess what? It wont start!!! I have tried restarting my system, adding more lighting and doing the dance at various distances from the screen and nothing. I searched online and could not find anyone having the same problem. Hopefully they update or something because I was really looking forward to this game.

Edit: I'm no noob to dancing games, I have 100's of hours across all the dance titles for Kinect(except kid games!) and even more before that on DDR!

Edit 2: I just tried hitting start on the controller and no luck. So they I tried taking of my sweat pants and shirt to see if they were getting in the way and tried it in my tighty whities and that didn't work... glad the roommate didn't come home too.

Edited by FunkSoulStrange

Fine for me but I hate that you have to start the game like that and then the menu navigation is pretty brutal. Only allows you to switch to the controller when you are editing your avatar and stuff like that. All Kinect games should have full controller support for menu navigation :mad:

As for your problem. Could be a faulty copy so no harm trying to exchange it for another copy. Or try installing it to see if that helps. Don't have mine installed though so that shouldn't be causing a problem. The tracking isn't the greatest in this game in general though so you also just might not be finding the sweet spot of what the game is deciding is right.

That being said I am enjoying it.

Edited by Spinoff90

• 9 months later...

Yeah, I had the same exact problem, too. Took me 5 minutes of side stepping in order to get to the next screen. It works now. I'm not exactly sure what I did to fix it. I opened my windows and turned all the lights on in order to allow maximum light for the Kinect sensor. See if that helps. Also, make sure the Kinect sensor has a full view of you.

Yeah, how this game starts is bullshit. I got it today....I did the stupid dance for a few minutes, and the circle only got about 1/3 of the way there...I gave up and stood still...and it let me in. If it's going to be this much of a pain in the ass, my playing time will be limited.

• 8 months later...
Yeah, how this game starts is bullshit. I got it today....I did the stupid dance for a few minutes, and the circle only got about 1/3 of the way there...I gave up and stood still...and it let me in. If it's going to be this much of a pain in the ass, my playing time will be limited.

8 month later, and I've been able to get into this game ONCE since. This type of shit is why Kinect gets a bad rep, even though it had the potential to be great. I tried for quite awhile tonight, and didn't get 10% of the circle filled.