Ebony blade question

deadeyesamurai

I've got the Ebony Blade daedric Katana weapon from the whispering door quest

It says its gets replenished with the blood of deceit and from what i've read in the journal that laid beside it

You power up this thing by killiing your friends? So is that your HouseCarls, Karliah, brnjoff, Delvin etc?

I want to make this my go to weapon when im leveling up the two handed skill

But I'm starting to be weary about this stipulation

Is there any other magical swords in the game that does better damgae than the daedric ones?

Thanks in advance

Edited by deadeyesamurai

I've got the Ebony Blade daedric Katana weapon from the whispering door quest

it says its gets replenished with the blood of deceit and from what i've read in the journal that laid beside

You power up this thing by killiing your friends?

I want to make this my go to weapon when im leveling up the two handed skill

Is there any other magical swords in the game that does better damgae than the daedric ones?

Thanks in advance

If your refering to the Daedric artifact weapons then yes, You can make ANY base weapon in game be more effective depending on a few things.

This does not include/require the potion/smithing stacking.

1: Enchanting level - simply get this to 100

2: Proper skill placement in enchanting tree - all %bonus perks

3: Potion +25% enchanting/+50% smithing

4: Smithing at the appropriate level - 100 and the corrisponding type IE: Dwarven

Example 1:

Take the Daedric artifact weapon DawnBreaker, It is right on par with a standard Dwarven sword, But the DawnBreakers effect does 10 fire damage with a burn, and the chance to cause an explosion to turn undead. Sounds great right? You can beat it easily.

If you simply enchant the Dwarven sword with 35 fire damage with a burn, It is already doing more damage hands down, If you add a second enchantment to it, Once again the benefits are endless depending on what you choose, Say having a chance to paralyze too.

Example 2:

The Daedric artifact shield SpellBreaker, Which is also right on par again with the Dwarven shield, But with the effect of creating a ward to prevent 50 points of magicka damage.

This shield alone is one of the best shields in game, Unless you use the enchanting system.

I enchanted my Dwarven shield with a 45% block damage reduction and +22% magicka resistance. I also enchanted my 2 jewelery ring/necklace with 22% magicka resistance. I had the Agent of Mara perma buff and the Lord stone buff giving me a total of 40% magicka resistance. So with my now 106% magicka resistance, I had a better shield that can block more, and I take very little magicka damage.

The list is endless really in terms of what you can do if using the games features properly, All in all, If you want to spend your perk points on other stuff to create a more rounded character, Great; The Daedric stuff is just fine. If you want to make something truely better, You require the enchanting and some of the smithing tree.

Hope that answered your question.

Edited by XBM Yosho

nice answer, im just getting to grips with the nature of enchanting possibilities but i think bethesda have nailed it this time, from what i can make out the possibilities for altering effects skills resists etc are pretty endless im also pretty sure due to everything resetting its quite possible to build an uber good at all tasks character

example if you have a high level melee character its quite possible to revisit old low level dungeons and work on any underdevolped skills destruction archery etc.

Totally loving Skyrim, but being a long time Warcraft player, I still think quest rewarded items should be better than crafted ones. Your crafted weapon should be used in order to reach an harder unique one.

The Daedric artifacts for me are what weapon racks in your houses are for. Cool looking but the crafted items I have are better.

Totally loving Skyrim, but being a long time Warcraft player, I still think quest rewarded items should be better than crafted ones. Your crafted weapon should be used in order to reach an harder unique one.

The Daedric artifacts for me are what weapon racks in your houses are for. Cool looking but the crafted items I have are better.

I totally agree with Nomad. Only 15 daedric quests in the game. Should have one or two that are outstanding items with maybe 3 or 4 effects and good damage.

I totally agree with Nomad. Only 15 daedric quests in the game. Should have one or two that are outstanding items with maybe 3 or 4 effects and good damage.

The Daedric artifacts for a standard player who doesn't want to spend points on enchanting are great, But if you wanted to dabble in the arts yea it does suck they are no where in the same ball park as crafted items.

The two best shields in the game without crafting are SpellBreaker and the Solitude shield, So amazingly gdlk.

The only things that stood out as great all round items are the Dragon Priest Masks, They alone have some of the best effects of any items, and negating the match set bonus of armor doesn't mean anything so long as you stay above the 567 mark.

Anybody else used this weapon? Surely it could be one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

Would be interesting to know if anyone has been round and killed alot of the people that make it more powerful to see just how good this could get..