Kino Der Toten/Zombie Achievements Strategy Guide

SideDish120

COPYRIGHT/RIGHTS OF USE:

This guide may not be used without written permission by either the author or website admins. This guide has been put together for x360a and should not be used without permission.

For more help on other achievements, refer to the Achievement Guide

^Click^

Kino Der Toten Strategy Guide

by: SideDish120

http://i54.tinypic.com/29d6l1.jpg

Table of Contents:

This strategy guide will help you get these three very difficult and meticulous achievements:

• The Collector
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • See me, Stab Me, Heal Me - Secret Achievement

I highly recommend going for "The Collector" on it's own. Then attempt to get "Sacrificial Lamb" and "See me, Stab Me, Heal Me". This will be explained in detail below.

Things you need to get started:

• 4 players that will stick around for everyone to get the achievements and are moderately experienced at this game. One person can go down and mess this entire thing up.
  • Let everyone know exactly what is going on. One wrong door that is opened can cause you to restart. So be sure everyone knows the plan.
  • Patience. This may take your team a couple tries for each achievement as sometimes you may get luckier then other rounds.
  • If you plan on moving to a new area/plan on buying a new weapon/upgrading a current weapon you have/moving around the map period. Always keep one zombie alive. Never forget this. Going from round to round will get you killed faster then you may ever expect.
  • The amount of players that enter the Pack-a-Punch room can only upgrade their weapon one time. If you come in with 3 players, it only gives you enough time for each player to upgrade once before it teleports you back.

Weapons of choice:

• MP40 found in the double staircase room. It has a 32 round clip, and can hold at start 192 shots to reload with.
  • Melee with the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rs.png. Use it! It is really helpful at the start of rounds to earn easy points. Each Knife kill will earn you 130 points instead of the normal 60 for a regular kill.
  • Ray gun from the random box. If you can get this around wave 9+ and be able to upgrade it. Your team will be much better off. If you can upgrade this also in the Pack-a-Punch machine, it will be twice as powerful.

Basic Strategy for Kino Der Toten

First we will start with a basic layout of the map found below to get accustomed to it, and to know the basic strategy.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rw5l5v.jpg

The first area you start in is known as the Lobby. This is the entire layout of the map in it's basic form.

The basic strategy to earn money to buy things, survive 13+ rounds, and earn your achievements:

Number of rounds played depends on player skill and luck with acquiring weapons.

Round 1-3

The first three rounds you will stay in the Lobby area as shown above. One person each will go to a window to defend it. Use the pistol ammo wisely. For each points, shoot a zombie 6 times. Then once he gets to the window, do a simple melee kill. You will surely run out of ammo by the second round if done correctly. Always be repairing the windows also. It's easy points and stops the zombies from getting in, but don't stand to close as the zombies can reach through the window and hit you. Two hits and you are downed, causing your team to abandon their window and need to help you. These 3 rounds no zombies should enter, and no one should have purchased anything. Save your money!

Between Round 3-4

During this round the person with the most money open the door found at the staircase in the upper right hand corner. Go through the room and continue until you find the other door, have another person open this one. Go down the stairs into a large room with two staircases going down on your right and left side. This is the next area you will be staying for the next couple rounds. As you enter the room, go to the right and have everyone buy a MP40. This will give you a huge ammo boost, a great weapon, and the points needed to progress as each bullet hit will give you 10 points.

http://i56.tinypic.com/mma2cj.jpg

Round 4-7

Note: In these rounds, before the start of a round there will be zombie dogs that appear. You will hear, "Fetch me their souls!" My advice is to just stay in one corner and all of your team shoot at the dogs. When the last dog is killed, he will drop a Max Ammo.

These couple rounds aren't difficult at all. Have two players watching the stairs at the top where you originally came from through the door. This is where the majority of enemies will come from. Have another player watching the bottom doorways while killing enemies, while the other watches the window found on the far end of the upper floor(this player will always keep the last zombie alive by just continuously rebuilding the barrier in the window).

Between Round 7-8

Once you have completed round 7 and left a zombie alive, you will need to move to the final location found in the very far back of the alleyway area. DO not turn on the power found in the Theater area next to the M16. This is saved for later. The alleyway is the final location where you will bunker down from now on. Gather ammo and get prepared to fight hordes of zombies.

Round/s 8+

*Do not open the door that is in the back of this alleyway no matter what. Opening this door will negate the funnel you are trying to create with the alleyway for zombies to come at you.*

Here you will have 3 players be facing the area you just came from.(Aiming at the fenced area). This is where all the zombies will be coming from. Player 4 will stick to the back of the area near the stairs. Here is a window in which zombies will spawn also. His job is to kill zombies, but to make sure one is always left at the end of a round and to make sure no zombies come from behind.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2vdogfb.jpg

Between the rounds after 8

This is where leaving the final zombie at the end of a round is critical. It allows other players to run into the other areas of the map to buy ammo and upgrade their weapons.

Other things to know/remember:

• Never open the back door under any circumstance in the alleyway. It will ruin the plan completely.
  • Always keep a zombie alive during the end of each round. This will keep the game going longer and longer so that you can keep trying for your achievements. He won't live forever tho, so try to be as quick as possible.
  • Turn the Power on after in between rounds 8 - 9. Doing so will allow you to use the machines that give you extra abilities.
  • Dogs will come every 4-6 rounds. You will hear, "Fetch me their souls!" Huddle up into a corner and watch the area in front of you. The final dog killed will usually drop a Max Ammo Power up.
  • Try to upgrade your weapons as soon as possible, and to earn a better weapon. Find a Mystery Box after the round. If you have 5000, go to the pack a punch machine to upgrade your weapon.
  • If a Max Ammo Power Up appears, make sure everyone has reloaded their weapons to get the most out of it.

Edited by SideDish120

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All methods below are used with the strategy above.

The Collector Method:

When you have all 4 players, this is recommended that two people will go at a time. Two people will open doors, and the other two will save money to buy all the weapons you need. Around wave 9-12 once your two friends have upgraded and been able to save you. You should have more then the amount needed to get the collector achievement.

The total amount needed for the Collector is 13,150.

The weapons to find on Kino Der Toten are:

• Olympia (500 points)
  • M14 (500)
  • Frag Grenades (250 - Found in Pack-a-Punch Projector Room)
  • Stakeout (1500)
  • MP40 (1000)
  • M16 (1200)
  • MPL (1000)
  • Bowie Knife (3000)
  • PM63 (1000)
  • MP5K (1000)
  • Claymores (1000)
  • AK74u (1200)

For a map of all the locations, refer to this: Kino Der Toten Weapon Map

To get to the Pack-a-Punch room:

• Turn the power on that is found next to the curtain and M16 on the stage.
  • Go into the teleporter to turn on the teleporter by pressing http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/x.png.
  • Then go into the Lobby where you start at to turn on the portal found on the floor.
  • Go back to the main teleporter. Once everyone who wants to use the Pack-a-Punch, press http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/x.png again to teleport to the projector room where the Pack-a-Punch is.

Sacrificial Lamb Method

*Once one person gets the Crossbow, everyone can earn the achievement*

For this follow the basic method of going through the level to earn as much money as you can and surviving the rounds. Around level 7 on your way to the alley is when you want to turn the power on. At the end of each round, go to the mystery boxes found around the level. After you turn on the power, you can check the maps found around the level to find out where the mystery box is. There will be a light lit up where the mystery box is. What you are looking for is the "Crossbow Explosive Tip". Once one player has unlocked this, if the player has 5000 points, go to the Pack-a-Punch machine found in the projector room(use teleporter found on stage near power switch). To use the teleporter, you must do the following:

• Go into the teleporter to turn on the teleporter by pressing :xbut:.
  • Then go into the Lobby where you start at to turn on the portal found on the floor.
  • Go back to the main teleporter. Once everyone who wants to use the Pack-a-Punch, press :xbut: again to teleport to the projector room where the Pack-a-Punch is.
  • Person with the Crossbow, put the weapon into the Pack-a-Punch machine to create the "Awful Lawton."

Once this is finished, go back to the alleyway. Begin the round and once a large group of zombies come, shoot the selected player and have the zombies swarm him.

Helpful tips to make this easier:

• Try to earn the Monkey Bombs from the Random Boxes. These special grenades are used with :lbbut:, and cause all the zombies the swarm the Monkey Bomb once it is thrown. Have the person get stuck, and run into the group of zombies before the Monkey Bomb explodes after it is thrown.
  • Have a Jugger-nog if you don't have monkey bombs will be useful as it won't cause the player to get downed immediately.
  • You must shoot the player from a distance, it won't let you shoot the arrow when you are really close to him.

See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me Method

*Only one person can get this per turn*

For this follow the basic method of going through the level to earn as much money as you can and surviving the rounds. Around level 7 on your way to the alley is when you want to turn the power on. At the end of each round, go to the mystery boxes found around the level. After you turn on the power, you can check the maps found around the level to find out where the mystery box is. There will be a light lit up where the mystery box is. What you are looking for is the "Ballistic Knife". This is a very rare thing to get from a Random Box, and can only be acquired with one player at a time(Once a player gets the achievement/ballistic, he must swap the Ballistic Knife for another weapon so that it can reappear in the mystery box). Once a player gets the Ballistic Knife, if the player has 5000 points, go to the Pack-a-Punch machine found in the projector room(use teleporter found on stage near power switch). To use the teleporter, you must do the following:

• Go into the teleporter to turn on the teleporter by pressing http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/x.png.
  • Go back to the main teleporter. Once everyone who wants to use the Pack-a-Punch, press http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/x.png again to teleport to the projector room where the Pack-a-Punch is.
  • Person with the Crossbow, put the weapon into the Pack-a-Punch machine to create the "The Krause Refibrillator".

Once you exit the Pack-a-Punch room, have a teammate down themselves by cooking a grenade by holding down :rbbut: until it explodes. Then from across the room, aim the reticule at your downed teammate. It will turn blue, shoot the Knife at your teammate to have him be revived.

Video with helpful tips and how to unlock achievements

Tutorial To Get To The Magic Box & Tips:

-

- Sacrifical Lamb (15G):

-

(Shoot Or Be Shot By An Ally With A Pack-A-Punch Crossbow And Kill Six Zombies With The Explosion)

- See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me (15G):

-

(Fire A Pack-A-Punch Ballistic Knife At A Downed Ally To Revive Them From A Distance)

- Hands Off The Merchandise (20G):

-

(Kill The Pentagon Thief Before It Can Steal Your Load-Out)

- The Collector (20G):

-

(Buy Every Weapon Off The Walls In A Single Zombies Game)

Hope This Guide Helps You All.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvH8LcyzyEA]YouTube - Black Ops | Zombies Achievements Guide | All Zombies Achievements With Strategies[/ame]

by ImmenseZ

Edited by SideDish120

Weapon Upgrades from Pack a Punch Machine:

* - Denotes weapon found in Random Box

Original Weapon > Pack a punch upgrade name

M1911 > Sally the Mustang

Smaller Magazine, Duel Wield, Shoots grenades instead of normal bullets.

Olympia > Hades

Longer Range, Higher Damage, Incendiary Rounds

M14 > Mnesia

Doubled Magazine, Higher Damage

AK-74u > AK74fu2

Special Precision Sight, Bigger Magazine, More Damage

MP40 > The Afterburner

64 Round Magazine, Sight Rate of Fire increase, Increased Damage

Stakeout > Raid

Bigger Magazine, Reloads 2 Shells at a time, Longer Range, Higher Damage with grip

MPL > MPL-LF

Bigger Magazine, Special Precision Sight

MP5k > MP115 Kollider

Bigger Magazine, More Damage

PM63 > Tokyo & Rose

Dual Wield

M16 > Skullcrusher

Fully Automatic, Higher Damage, Grenade Launcher

HK21* > H115 Oscillator

Bigger Magazine, More Damage

RPK* > R115 Resonator

125 Round Magazine, 500 Round spare ammunition, Damage Increase

M72 LAW > M72 Anarchy

10 Round Magazine, Semi-Automatic, Damage Increase

Chine Lake* > China Beach

5 Round Magazine, One Reload fills whole magazine

CZ75* > Calamity

Bigger Magazine, More Damage, Automatic

CZ75* Dual Wield > Calamity & Jane

Bigger Magazine, More Damage, Speed Reloader

AUG* > AUG-50M3

More Damage, Special Precision Sight, Under mounted Shotgun

FN FAL* > EPC WN

Special Percision Sight, Bigger Magazine, 3 Round Burst, More Damage

FAMAS* > G16-GL35

Special Percision Sight, Bigger Magazine, More Damage

Commando* > Predator

Bigger Magazine, Dual Mags, More Damage

G11* > G115 Generator

Bigger Magazine, More Damage, Fully Automatic

Galil* > Lemantation

Special Percision Sight, More Damage

SPAS* > SPAZ-24

1 Reload Refills whole magazine, Doubled Magazine Size, Longer Range, Full Automatic

HS-10 > Typhoid & Mary

Dual Wield, Bigger Magazine

Dragonov* > D115 Disassembler

Zoom In/Out Scope, More Damage

L96A1* > L115 Isolater

Zoom In/Out Scope, Bigger Magazine, More Damage

Ray Gun* > Porter's X2 Ray Gun

Damage Doubled, Spare ammo increased to 200, magazine size increased to 40

Ballistic Knife* > The Krause Refibrillator

Faster Melee Knifing, Glowing Knife, Revive downed teammate

Crossbow Explosive Tip* > Awful Lawton

Zombies Run towards Fired Bolts, Acts like Monkey Bomb

Thundergun* > Zeus Cannon

Doubled Magazine, Can Kill More Zombies with One Shot

Winter's Howl* > Winter's Fury

Bigger Magazine, Longer Freeze Time

Edited by SideDish120

Power Ups/Perks Explained

Power ups from Zombies:

• Max Ammo(Ammo Box) - This will give your entire team full ammo for all of their guns. So before this is picked up, make sure everyone has reloaded their weapons to get the most use out of it.
  • Insta-kill(Gold Skull) - This will cause any single hit to a zombie will instantly kill them. This is a great time to conserve your ammo, and to earn way more points by just meleeing them with http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/rs.png.
  • Nuke(Nuclear Bomb) - This power up once picked up will earn everyone 400 points, and kill all the zombies that are in the main level of the map. This won't kill zombies that are farther away from the windows. Only grab this if it is a live or die situation, otherwise you will earn more points by just killing the zombies that round.
  • Carpenter(Golden Hammer) - This will repair all the windows found in the level, causing to slow down the flow of zombies.
  • Double Points(x2 symbol) - This will give your team twice the amount of points that you would normally get from killing zombies and repairing doorways, etc.
  • Fire Sale(Money Tag) - Causes all random boxes to appear and only costs $10.

Perks from Machines:

*Must rebuy Quick Revive, Jugger-nog, Double Tap Root Beer, and Speed Cola if you are downed*

Quick Revive - $500 Solo/$1500 Co-Op

Solo - Revived after time being downed on your own.

Co-Op - Revive downed teammate in half the time.

Jugger-nog - $2500

Take more hits without being downed. Essential if you are planning to survive.

Double Tap Root Beer - $2000

Makes your weapon fire twice as fast.

Speed Cola - $3000

Reload your weapon in half the time.

Question and Answer about Perks

Q: Do the perks run out?

A: No, they do not run out of how many you can buy during a match with friends.

Q: How exactly do they work?

A: You will find vending machines found around the map and if you go up to them, they will tell you exactly the name of the perk inside of the machine. (Ex. Double Tap Root Beer) Once you have found one you want and have enough money to purchase, you will purchase the drink and it will give you that perk. The perk icon will appear in the bottom left hand corner after your character drinks it.

Q:Are they limited by time with how long you can have them? And I know you can only buy 3 quick revives (at least in solo) before the machine disappears. Do the rest of the perks have similar limits? For example, does Juggernog run out after a certain amount of time, or do you lost it when you get downed, or what?

A: No there is no limitation how long you can hold onto these perks as long as you do not get downed by a zombie or die. Once you get downed/die, you will need to rebuy any perks you bought previously.

Edited by SideDish120

I have another stratagey that my friends and I use, it's similar to yours but instead of going all the way to the alley we stay behind the fence just north of it. We have all but one guy shooting up from the bottom of the stairs while the last guy looks at the window there. This works better because the guys on the stairs can shoot through them to help the guy out at the window also if you do get overrun you can open the fence and fall back to the ally, to regroup. We have made it to 20 with the three people, we will probably be able to get higher but we haven't been playing that map too often.

***Edit***

I also noticed in your guide you say that the last dog will always have max ammo, this isn't true when you make it to around 27 - 33 (which is the highest round i got to on der reise) there is only a chance that it will drop the ammo. and remember RELOAD YOU WEAPONS BEFORE YOU PICK IT UP.

Edited by Nostalgia37

A good strategy for playing Kino Der Toten solo, either for The Collector or just for fun, is to open ALL doors and then circle the map over and over. Just keep looping it, firing at any zombies in your path. A couple minutes into the later rounds, turn around and walk backwards killing all of them coming at you. Got to round 30 doing this solo.

I have to disagree with the strategy used in rounds 1-3. You say that no zombi must cross the windows in this rounds but this is absolutley wrong. If you let them enter, they will drop valuable stuff, like x2 or max ammo.

Yes but it doesn't give you that many more points. You earn enough to get to the next area.

Thank you SideDish, this looks great and I am trying to get a posse together to do this tonight... I am just stumped on strategies for this... then again, I have been playing with turds. Once I have a few friends or good boosters on board, I anticipate things to be easier.

Can you or someone else take things one step further and add the weapon locations and costs to the map like someone suggested? That and the incorporation of Nostalgia’s comments would make this the go-to strategy guide.

Very nice work!

Thank you SideDish, this looks great and I am trying to get a posse together to do this tonight... I am just stumped on strategies for this... then again, I have been playing with turds. Once I have a few friends or good boosters on board, I anticipate things to be easier.

Can you or someone else take things one step further and add the weapon locations and costs to the map like someone suggested? That and the incorporation of Nostalgia’s comments would make this the go-to strategy guide.

Very nice work!

I can try to do this. I will be happy to add the weapon locations map.

I will also list off the costs/names also.

Jugger-nog - $3000

isnt it $2500?

I have to disagree with the strategy used in rounds 1-3. You say that no zombi must cross the windows in this rounds but this is absolutley wrong. If you let them enter, they will drop valuable stuff, like x2 or max ammo.

right, round 1 and 2 i always let them enter

isnt it $2500?

Thank you for that, I wasn't positive on the price.

right, round 1 and 2 i always let them enter

The reason I don't want zombies coming in as those won't give you as many points regardless. I wanted to stop the zombies from coming into the room and possibly downing a player, possibly messing it up for some not as good players.

Thanks for this!

I've read a 1000 times to only leave one zombie. How do you know when it's the end of the round, and it's time to leave just one zombie?

I will be sure to add this in. BUT:

If you are playing with 4 players, have one of the players that is by the window keep the zombie inside of the window. Just move back and forth, and everyone else will kill all their zombies.

If you are playing on your own. If you see 3 or 4 zombies only chasing you, and no others are coming. Then those are the last few zombies left.

Hope that kinda explained it to you :)