FAQs and Information Thread [*Spoilers*]

DarkReign2021

Pre-Order

Q: What options do I have when it comes to pre-ordering Halo 4?

A: There are currently 3 formats that the game can be purchased in. The regular edition is $60, the Limited Edition is $100, and the Special Edition Halo 4 360 is $400.

The regular edition of the game includes the standard game case and box-art with a manual and DVD of the game inside.

The limited edition of the game include Fiction content expanding the characters and stories the Forward Unto Dawn Short Series, a 'making of' for the FUD series, 'Bringing Gaming into Reality' special featurette, an exclusive emblem and skin for your armor and Assault Rifle, a prop and suit of S-IV armor for your avatar, fictitious Infinity Briefing Packet that includes information on S-IV armor, the layout of the ship Infinity, and psyche evaluations of the S-IV's, Free Access to 9 of the future Halo 4 Maps, early access to 6 Specializations, and a 90-minute extended cut of the Foreward Unto Dawn series. It all comes packaged in a stylizied steel case.

http://www.vgblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/Halo4LimitedEdition/Halo4_LimitedEdition_0002.jpg

The Halo 4 Special Edition Xbox 360 includes one regular edition copy of the game, one 320 Gb HDD, one standard Wired Headset, two stylized controllers with a blue ring of light around the Guide Button (not to be mistaken with the individually sold H4 ODST controller) and one stylized Xbox 360 Slim console with a blue ring of light around the Power Button.

http://vglounge.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Halo-4-Limited-Edition-1.jpg

Q:What kind of Pre-order Incentives are being offered?

A: Each individual store is offering it's own custom skin variant.

Q: What pre-order armor variants are being offered?

A: [under construction]

Campaign Related

Q: What's happened so far?

A: During the events of Halo 3, Master Chief was successfully able to temporarily remove of the Covenant and the Gravemind's Flood. During the escape onboard the ship Forward Unto Dawn, the Ark Portal shut down with the Chief's portion of the ship still inside Slipspace. He was left adrift in an unknown star system where he slowly began drifting toward a mysterious nearby planet, the shield world we now know by the name Requiem.

Q: How many levels will there be?

A: So far a total of 8 have been confirmed- Dawn, Requiem, Forerunner, Infinity, Reclaimer, Shutdown, Composer, & Midnight. Developers have suggested the campaign will run for about 10 hours.

Q:What enemies are we fighting?

A: The covenant races are making a comeback in Halo 4. Confirmed races include Elites, Grunts, Jackals, and Hunters are all confirmed to be returning. Drones, Skirmishers, and Prophets are not confirmed nor denied to be included. Engineers have not been mentioned yet either, but play a huge role in the books leading up the game, so it's still a possibility. Brutes will not be, nor will any of the Flood species. In addition to the return of the Covenant, however, a new faction of enemies have emerged. Forerunner machines have been left to defend Requiem. The ones we know of now are Watchers, Crawlers, and Knights and a currently unknown enemy that will become the Chief's new rival.

Q: What kind of new toys will there be to play with?

A: In addition to a new Mech Unit known as a Mantis, multiple weapons have been added including a revised version of the Battle Rifle, a UNSC Light Machine Gun "SAW", and a large selection of weapons of Forerunner design. The game will also include a handful of Technology such as Thruster Packs, Thermal Vision, and Holograms. Sprint is making a return as a permanent addition to the player's abilities.

Q: Will there be Skulls?

A: Yes. But they will be available/unlocked right from the start. No more skull hunting. The Terminals are the new skulls. ;)

Multiplayer Related

Q: Is Forge still included?

A: Forge is still included in the overall Halo 4 experience. In addition, several enhancements have been made, including the ability to lock individual pieces, snap two pieces together seamlessly, and clone multi-part structures for multiple placements. An undo button has NOT been included, nor has Weather effects.

Q: What kind of changes have been made to the Multiplayer Dynamic?

A: The multiplayer environment is now tied directly into the story element of the Halo Franchise. Players will assume the role of a member of the Spartan IV's aboard the UNSC Flagship Infinity. These Spartans participated and computer-generated "War Games" as they compete in various task-driven skirmishes. Winning these skirmishes will reward the player with a form of currency that will allow player to purchase armor upgrades, similar to Reach, but this time the armor components will offer different perks to give players the edge in a fight.

In addition to the return of various classic modes like Classic Slayer and Lone Wolf, War Games will also include a new format of Gametypes identified as 'Infinity' that will include a more randomized weapon spawn system and encourage more reliance on the new class-selection feature. Several minor additions like the ability to use a weapon while carrying the flag and passing the bomb in Grifball have also been included.

Q: How many maps are there in Halo 4?

A: So far we've received confirmation on 9 new maps, 1 being a remake of Halo 3's Valhalla. Abandon, Adrift, Complex, Exile, Haven, Longbow, Meltdown, Ragnarok, and Solace. Three Forge-driven environment called Ravine, Impact, and Erosion have also been confirmed at this point.

Q: What has happened to Firefight?

A: Firefight has been replaced in Halo 4 with a new mode called Spartan Ops. S-Ops is a narrative-driven form of Firefight that will be available to download on Xbox Live with new missions on a regular basis. Each season will be divided into multiple chapters and each chapter will consist of 5 new missions every week. Each mission will average at about 15 minutes long. Additionally, Season 1 is confirmed to be free to all players. The 5 known levels so far are Land Grab, Sniper Alley, The Challenge, Sacred, and Core

Q: What type of playlist will be available in Matchmaking?

A: In addition to the newly introduced Infinity gametype variant, many of the classic modes are returning included Free For All, Team Slayer, and Capture the Flag. In addition to these traditional modes, Grifball is also making an official return with a host of new features. Infection mode has also been upgraded to 'Flood' mode, which is a completely new and terrifying take on the game where players actually become a visually-stylized member of the Flood parasite.

[spoiler=flood][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-RI0iNHtzQ]Halo 4 - Flood (Infection) Multiplayer Mode Walkthrough with 343 Industries by IGN - YouTube[/ame]

-------------

Edited by * Clueless *
Edited Skull Q&A

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The newest update over at Waypoint has been released and Frankie is answering question from the fanbase. I dug through and summarized the important points.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/03/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-30712.aspx

First thing I took from this is that Multiplayer armor customization is making a return as was expected given it's success in reach. This time, however, it sounds like the different armor bits will be giving small perks depending on your loadouts. I would imagine this means slightly stronger shields, longer lasting sprints, increased number of carried rounds, etc... minor stuff that won't completely unbalance a game, but enough to be able to tip the scales if utilized effectively.

The future of Armor Abilities remains unknown, but given 343's insistence that AA's were a step-up from the nature of H1's powerups and H3's equipment, I would wager that the next system is going to remain similar to the AA's in nature.

No confirmation on when the next media blowout will be for the series, but they're promising a 343 presence at the big videogame conferences, so I would imaigne we'll be hearing something at E3.

We got another definite confirmation that ALL media in the franchise now matters. Games, book, comics, and Terminals are all being taken into consideration with the development of the games storylines. Even the multiplayer mode in H4 is being influenced by story-based events in the series it sounds like.

It sounds like all pre-existing modes of the series will be making a return. That means we'll be seeing the Campaign, Matchmaking, Firefight, Forge, and Theatre mode make a comeback along with the possibility of others as well.

Halo 4 has already entered it's final stages of development. The game is playable beginning to end and designs are finalized. Now they're polishing the game and testing for bugs.

The health bar has been done away with and there are no longer Health Pick-ups like we had in CE, ODST, and Reach. The new system hasn't been confirmed yet, however.

The music heard in the recent ViDoc is officially part of Halo 4's original playlist, so we can expect to hear it included in the final game.

Skulls are not confirmed nor denied, but Frankie promises devices that will add to the replayability of the series.

Covenant races are definitely making a return to the series, but will be shown in a drastically altered state of existence. With the collapse of the Covenant, we're likely to see them in a less militarized state and quite possibly as allies. Frankie warns that they'll probably be the least of our worries.

The mech seen in the ViDoc is a Cyclops 2 and it disappointingly will not be pilotable, but Frankie promises some vehicle surprises and one that will even dwarf the Cyclops. (This, however, confirms my suspicion that Warhouse is a human facility.)

Sounds like Weapon bloom has been removed and devices like weapon recoil will be added to weapon balance.

Assassinations are altered from their Reach presence, but they are still a part of Halo 4.

The Karen Traviss sequel to Glasslands will be out before Halo 4 and will contain important details connecting it to the new game. The final Forerunner novel, however, will not be out until sometime after the games release.

Grifball will "be playable" in Halo 4, which indirectly suggests the gravity hammer and plasma sword will be making a return.

Frankie won't discuss whether any maps will be remade, but he points out that the "vast majority of the maps are new" suggesting that not 100% are original.

Edited by DarkReign2021

Very Good, and interesting News Good Sir.

Now lets hope Karen Traviss actually researched Halo Lore and Existing Canon before Butchering the series with her second book. . .

EDIT: Google says the next book is Called Halo: The Thursday War, and will release on October 2 of this year.

So that means we won't see Halo 4 until sometime after.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/03/tor-books-announces-next-book-in-halo-series

Edited by ZingZitang

From the very first page, The Thursday War propels you into a universe on the brink of chaos,” says Frank O’Connor, Franchise Development Director, 343 Industries. “It will immerse you immediately and enthrallingly into the events and circumstances that will come to define the state of the Halo universe in Halo 4. I can’t wait for fans and newcomers alike to experience the sequel to Glasslands.”

Nice!

I wonder with the end of Primordium - and this book - if we will see the Arbiter aid Halsey in any way. That would be an interesting dynamic. I can't help but think the political agenda of the Arbiter will be, somehow, tied to the fate of Halsey.

Especially if -- SPIOILERS:

343 Guilty spark is heading to find Halsey when he hijacks the UNSC ship at the end of Primordium. Is Halsey linked to the Librarian?

I've always held a deep-rooted suspicion that Dr. Halsey was someone influenced by the Geas in a similar sense as the Chief is related to Chakas. Her vast intellect and ability to manipulate Covenant, and therefore Forerunner, technology with ease has always made her place in the series questionable. Her foresight in the uses of this technology, the creation of the Spartans, and so on has always been spot on. Almost as if she knew how and why these things were as they are subconsciously.

I don't think Dr. Halsey is the Librarian in the sense that Guilty Spark is pursuing her, but I do think the Librarians influence is deeply responsible for the talent that Catherine possesses.

I'm still curious what the real name is for Vinnevra, however, and still find myself deeply curious as to her role in the whole thing. Given her close relationship to Chakas, I can't help but wonder if she herself is somehow carried on in somebody close to the Master Chief (Dr. Halsey???)

Assassinations are altered from their Reach presence, but they are still a part of Halo 4.

I wonder how they've been altered..

Everything else sounds pretty decent, and I have to say this game is pretty much the one for me that's been in anticipation for ages.

Maybe assassinations would return to the same format like they originally were, without the little animations. In my opinion, I detest assassinating a player in Reach. It's a bit annoying to see the camera angle fling out to third person and then revert to first person again. Bothers my eyes and whatnot. However, that's just me. I had no problem with camera angles changing when driving a vehicle, but now I do. Maybe it's because of Battlefield 3. There's another idea. Perhaps when assassinating a player or AI in Halo 4, the camera remains in first person? The same could be said for when rolling about in a vehicle.

Maybe assassinations would return to the same format like they originally were, without the little animations. In my opinion, I detest assassinating a player in Reach. It's a bit annoying to see the camera angle fling out to third person and then revert to first person again. Bothers my eyes and whatnot. However, that's just me. I had no problem with camera angles changing when driving a vehicle, but now I do. Maybe it's because of Battlefield 3. There's another idea. Perhaps when assassinating a player or AI in Halo 4, the camera remains in first person? The same could be said for when rolling about in a vehicle.

That seems like a reasonable assumption. The door prying bit in the ViDoc suggest they're wanting a more in-character experience to make players feel more attached to the chief, so shaky-cam 1st person assassinations would make the game seem a lot more personal.

Also, I know what you mean Lemon. After getting used to the 1st person perspective of BF3's vehicles, I'm starting to wish the vehicles in Halo were the same way. I've never had a problem with the 3rd person vehicles, but I like the challenge that the 1st person perspective provides.

Also, I know what you mean Lemon. After getting used to the 1st person perspective of BF3's vehicles, I'm starting to wish the vehicles in Halo were the same way. I've never had a problem with the 3rd person vehicles, but I like the challenge that the 1st person perspective provides.

Given the level of detail in the "new" warthog's dashboard teased in the ViDoc/Forza 4, there is a splendiferous chance that we could see first person vehicle action in Halo 4. And if Covenant vehicles make a scene, we can also take a "better" gander at their technology, which hasn't been significantly explored in the games from my point of view.

Maybe. Halo has always been a bit about detail in unnecessary locations though. Like the compass on the assault Rifle and the original "speedometer" in the halo 1 warthog that was there and functioning even though the driver couldn't actually see it inside the hog.) Anything goes with the Halo series, but I definitely hope you're right.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we could use this thread for placing further Halo 4 news...so without further ado...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hes5GY08Fio]Halo 4 News - Game Informer & Warthog Model Ripped - FT. Chris - YouTube[/ame]

Blam.

See! A released aerial shot of the Chief. Marvel! At our reporter's giddiness of seeing a warthog model in 3D. Beat off! To the next cover of Game Informer magazine.

If you don't feel like watching that video because you'd get a migraine listening to that child's voice, have no fear, I'll do the best I can to summarize the information he has posted. Below.

So, the next issue of Game Informer will feature a whopping 14 (fourteen, for those who can't read numbers) pages of in-depth Halo 4 details, including "gameplay modes" which are currently unannounced. I find the cover to my liking. Although the new Cortana's facial details are seemingly...well, detailed (yes, I know, it's only cover art), I still prefer her Halo 2 model. Ah, Halo 2...I think I was 15 (fuck off) when that came out...there are a lot of things a 15 (am I pissing you off yet?) year old boy can do with a poster of Cortana's Halo 2 model. Moving on.

The multiplayer is running smoothly, and Halo 4 is looking damn good. I figured as much. Next.

There was a tweet of a new screenshot featuring an overhead shot of Chief in a desert-like area. Seeing as it's very well strung, it is plausible this could be a new live action trailer. Maybe CGI. Who knows. It could even be a teaser of the first campaign mission. 343i hinted they would be showing us a bit of that in the weeks following the First Look ViDoc. Am I right, or am I right?

"What's that about a Halo 4 ViDoc?"

"Have you been living under a rock? Guess you managed to crawl out, at least."

To those who may have not yet seen it, here you are. For your viewing pleasure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UL63Zo-uo]Making Halo 4: First Look - YouTube[/ame]

343i also announced that there will be no public beta for Halo 4's multiplayer. That was sad news, sad news indeed. For all you multiplayer freaks out there. However, they also just announced that they will be hosting "play events" at their studio this summer. Dates will be given soon. Apparently, these "play events" will feature alpha and beta phases of the game modes. I know what I'm doing this summer.

Last but not least, it was said that a "HOLY SHIT!" moment will be revealed in the aforementioned Game Informer magazine. Well? Thoughts? I think we could be seeing some of that campaign action. *Nudge nudge, wink wink."

I'm happy that more and more Halo 4 news is popping up on the world wide web. Hard to believe that ViDoc came out March 5th.

Edited by LickableLemons7

Ah, I will never regret spending $5 a month on Game Informer. The only gaming magazine I will buy, especially when they have exclusive reveals.

I was hoping that Halo 4 would have a beta. A public beta that is. It has helped Bungie in the past, so I am wondering if 343 are in over their heads or if they believe they can get it right with limited testing.

Someone has already got their copy of Game Informer.

Spartan Points

Spartan Points is the new currency system in Halo 4. They will buy things such as armor, armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions (see below), and some

Spartan Ops

This was probably my most favorite addition I saw. From how it was described, think fo Spartan Ops like Spec Ops from Modern Warfare but with a storyline. They will span out over several months, encouraging players to return to the game. Game Informer said that Spartan Ops will be comparable in scope and size to the in single-player storyline.

Why Reds Fight Blues

I think most of us probably guessed this, but reds fight blues and blues fight reds for training purposes. They fight in something called the UNSC Infinity. The UNSC Infinity is a 3km long ship sent into deep space on a mission. It contains a virtual reality sector that creates the multiplayer experience.

Sprint

So not only is sprint in the game, but it is a standard armor ability. You do not need to pick it up, it will always be available. You do not need to buy it with your Spartan Points, you will always have it equipped no matter what. So essentially, you can have two armor abilities.

Forerunner Vision

Ever wanted to be super man? Now you can! See through walls with your x-ray vision! I can't say I hate this armor ability, I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping it comes with its weaknesses and it discourages camping. Sorry guys, but camping in Halo 4 will not be a legitimate tactic.

Returning Armor Abilities

The hologram, jetpack, and active camo will make a return in Halo 4. It didn't elaborate on the abilities, but you can probably assume they'll be about the same.

Elites Not Returning to Multiplayer

Not much detail was given as to why elites will not see multiplayer combat, it was stated in a picture caption. The caption reads, "Competitive multiplayer focues on the Spartan IVs. Elites will not be playable.

Grenades

Now the article itself did not talk about grenades, but I noticed in the picture the Spartan had 4 grenade options. I assume the plasma grenade will return as seen from an explosion in the picture and the frag grenade will most definitely return as seen by the Halo 4 first look video.

Firefight

Once again, no explanation why aside from a picture caption. The caption read, "Halo 4's campaign is still playable with four players online (in reference to Sparan Ops, ensuring players that Spartan Ops will not replace the campaign coop experience). 343 Industries has no plans to include a dedicated Firefight mode. I'm torn on this, I don't normally play firefight, but I feel like it is a standard necessary feature in the game after Halo 3: ODST introduced it.

Regicide

Regicide is a variation of free for all. I think it's similar to VIP. Regicide, as stated by the article, "sets the leading scorer as the king. Every opponent that the king kills raises his bounty; other players have to kill the king to claim the reward."

Distraction and Revenge Medals

Don't feel bad anymore for not killing a single person in the game, you can get a medal for being a distraction! Oh, you just got killed and now you're raging at that player? Calm down and get rewarded for hunting down the guy that just killed you!

Let me make it clear that I do not necessarily see these medals as bad. They just may reward people that don't actually deserve one.

No More Weapon Camping

One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.

No More Respawn Delay

Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns.

Joining In-Progress Games

So to solve the quitting problem, 343 implemented the ability to join games that are in-progress. My question is are we going to have the ability to search for games starting up instead? It infuriates me to join a game at the last possible second, not even offering me the chance to play.

Source: http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst71572_So-I-just-Read-the-New-Game-Informer.aspx Edited by CovertDog

This HAS to be fake. Game informer never starts every other sentence with "we" "we" "we..."

I'm calling a fake.

I'm declaring fake as well...judging from the comments I read in those forums, it sounds like the guy took a picture of the cover and it was a horrendous looking Elite with 2 mandibles and out of proportioned legs(the pic was removed). But according to my source, the cover of the magazine should be the one in the video I posted above(not the ViDoc). And like you said...they sound very unprofessional. Even if it is true, I don't really know what to make of it. 343i is taking the same steps that CoD has already taken, and for the most part, it seems as if 343i just wants to shadow Treyarch and Infinity Ward's footsteps. Seeing CoD elements blended in with the pre-established Halo elements...sounds a little promising, but judging from what I've done with my previous CoD games, I may grow tired of Halo 4 after a couple of weeks. That is, if the information posted above is true.

But..."Spartan Points?!" "Spartan Ops?!" Surely they could have stuck with credits and give a better name than "Spartan Ops." And Firefight...why on earth would they possibly remove it? However, I do like being able to join a match that isn't full, that means less time waiting in a lobby searching for players. I also like the sound of random weapon spawns. This sort of evens the odds of a newbie being able to access power weapons. I was fairly late to the Halo 3 party, and when I first purchased a gold subscription and hopped into team slayer, I kept getting whooped by veteran players who had memorized spawn locations for all weapons on every map.

Edit: Okay, here's a link to some pictures. Keep an open mind, some of this can be fake.

http://halo4nation.com/multiplayer/halo-4-leaked-game-informer-article/

IMPORTANT: There is information in that link regarding the opening sequences of the campaign. Spoiler alert, somewhat, for those who are trying to remain on blackout. It is a bit of a "Holy shit." moment, so be warned. This seems fairly real now.

I really, really hope that article is fake.

Please, let it be fake.

It can't be real...

I have been up all night working...

Maybe it's just a terrible dream...

Why would x-ray vision and random power weapon drops be good?

They wouldn't do this...

Press x to spawn immediately? I mean, was 5 seconds really so long...

Edit: Oh for fuck's sake, join in progress? Honestly? Can we just remove shields from every game mode at this point and call it Halo of Duty yet?

Making a double post because my fears have become my reality.

http://i.imgur.com/fLO0T.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OGNyF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xdew1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vexm7.jpg

Edited by CovertDog

Don't worry Gheuh2, at least there's still the campaign to look forward to. Right? Right?

I love the new detail 343i has put into everything. From what I initially heard, I thought the Elite armor was going to look like a POS, but I find it to my liking. Very detailed. I hate that little picture of the flying grunt though, terribly drab.

For now, I'm doubling back to this thread to wait and see what DarkReign thinks of this. On the campaign opening, mostly. That is, if he reads it.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222537p1.html?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I don't like what I'm hearing, honestly. I played Halo because it was different and had the fantasy feel to it. Custom class loadouts? No elites? X-ray Vision? Spartan Points?...........From what I keep reading, this might actually be the first Halo I rent..

Was gonna post this in the other thread, but here's some HQ scans of the Game Informer issue.

And yeah, I agree with the OP's concerns. It honestly seems like they are trying to get some of the CoD crowd with this game. Everything seems like it's just catering to, sorry to say, bad people.

The random power weapon drops just seem incredibly dumb. Part of Halo is just keeping the power weapons locked down. It just seems really dumb to be put at a disadvantage in a game because the other team got lucky and had a rocket launcher drop on their heads.

Instant spawning seems cool in concept, but again, it just brings me right back to watching my terrible-at-video-games cousin play CoD4 and seeing him just mashing x as fast as possible to go run right where the enemies just killed him so he can die again. Unfortunately, my cousin seems to represent the majority of CoD players.

X-ray vision is fucking x-ray vision. Though, thinking about it more, I don't see it being useful at all. I already play with my friends and we all call things out while playing. X-ray vision would basically be redundant. Also, radar exists making it even more useless.

Join in progress is a terrible idea for anyone who plays competitively. You can ask any person who's ever played CoD how annoying it is to be put in a match where either, your team is being dominated to the point that you can't get out of your spawn, a game where you team is hopelessly losing with not enough time to recover, or you get put in a game that's flat out ending in ten goddamn seconds.

Removing elites from multiplayer is pretty much a wash. There were only a few modes in Reach where their different stats actually made you change the way you played. Still, they could have just left them in for the sake of diversity.

Is it just me or does anyone else not care why the red team fights the blue team? It's a multiplayer mode, I don't give a shit why they're fighting, I just want to fight!

Spartan Points and Spartan Ops are laughably bad names, but hopefully Spartan Ops will end up being interesting and not the red-headed step child that Invasion ended up being for Reach.

New grenade types sound pretty cool. I just hope that you can't carry like 3 of each at once.

Distraction medal seems pointless, but hey, I love stupid little awards in the form of medals. I hope they make spree medals for all the weapons too.

So yeah, not the end of the world, but my shaky trust in 343i hasn't gotten any more stable after this.

Don't worry Gheuh2, at least there's still the campaign to look forward to. Right? Right?

I... I hope...

For now, I'm doubling back to this thread to wait and see what DarkReign thinks of this. On the campaign opening, mostly. That is, if he reads it.
Yes, we all need to wait for our Halo Lord and Saviour to tell us what he thinks. Someone just created a new thread so I'm sure he'll see that. There's only like 5 threads that ever get posted in here. Edited by CovertDog

Frankie said there will be a podcast to sort out all the uproar over the article in GI. It doesn't matter. Whatever spin he puts on this entire thing doesn't matter; the facts are right in front of our faces. Halo multiplayer is dead and 343 put the final nail in the coffin.

Campaign is now the only reason to even care about the new game and at this point I have no reason to expect that they won't fuck that up somehow.

How can you come to the conclusion that Halo's multiplayer is dead, when you haven't even seen how it plays?

Reach had Halo's multiplayer hanging by a thread. The general consensus was that 343 would be taking things backward to the style Halo 3/2 and expanding from there. Now they're going off of Reach, who the majority of Halo fans hate, and then adding more features to make it like CoD.

Nobody asked for these features, yet here they are. Halo 4 is shaping up to be CoD is space and we're not fucking happy. If these features are in fact real, and I have no reason to doubt it, 343 has successfully turned Halo into another CoD clone in an already flooded market. The multiplayer is DOA with these changes and 343 will have driven off what's left of the hardcore players, perhaps for good this time.

How can you come to the conclusion that Halo's multiplayer is dead, when you haven't even seen how it plays?

True, all too true. Many seem to say it sounds like it will work like a CoD title. Yet we still have our shields as seen in the screenshots, and 343i hasn't mentioned a word about killstreaks. I guess we'll have to wait until E3 to see how the whole smorgasbord plays out, right? Personally I don't think they'll show off the campaign there, in my eyes 343i wants to keep the campaign as mysterious as possible. But it sounds like they want it to play out like Combat Evolved, story wise. I mean,

SPOILER FOR THE REST OF MY POST IN REGARDS TO HALO 4'S OPENING SEQUENCE

like how during The Pillar of Autumn level in Combat Evolved, you were facing a seemingly unknown threat (the Covenant) and here they are again, trying to kill you in The Forward Unto Dawn in Halo 4. You manage to land on this Dyson Sphere, Requiem, and explore it, just like the second level in Combat Evolved. For all we know, the Covenant could be trying to harness the power of Requiem (or the "bigger unknown threat" as 343i put it) as the Dyson Sphere collects power from the sun. So I'm guessing Chief will blow it up and return to Earth safe and sound at the end of Halo 4. Yippee. God, that sounds terrible. Watch that be what the plot is. Called it. The only thing I can hope is that 343i will have more imagination than that. There are multiple Dyson Spheres, the one hidden by the planet Onyx is different than Reqiuem...so I'd imagine Chief will end up blowing those to bits too. I'm still pondering as to how Cortana's rampancy will play out. 343i did mention that that this "Reclaimer trilogy" will play out similar to the original Star wars trilogy. So Halo 5 will have a darker theme than Halo 4. Hmm...Chief finds out about his father in Halo 5. You saw it first here folks.