Acolyte vs Warrior (noob) advice needed

katfisch

I played through a few of chapters of NG Sigma and loved the game but died a lot. I put the game away after getting the 360 (no achievements, not worth playing). Bought NG2 yesterday and played for a few hours today. That's the extent of my NG experience (really any ninja fighting game experience total).

Question for those who are NG experts. I've been playing on Warrior mode and I'm currently at Chap 2 sub-boss (dying a lot). My question, did I bite off a lot more than I can chew, should I drop down to Acolyte? Does this get ridiculously more difficult as the game progresses that I should downgrade? Will my controller end up in my tv?

Any advice you can give would be great.

Thanks,

Kat

I would have to say yes because all of the items in the shop cost more on warrior this game can get mean towards the end and if you are not used to it or having a hard time on the lower levels Start out on Acolyte. Good tip is do not use you life of a thousand gods until bosses it heals you fully and extends you life bar plus its free just find them. Good luck :)

You should go to the leaderboard (in game) and check out some peoples higher level ninja cinema. To see what lies ahead. I have one uploaded its warrior chap 5 test of valor. my game tag is madcap182 I was ranked 277.

Edited by madcap1

I agree with madcap that you should downgrade.

I have had all 3 versions of the original Ninja Gaiden and even I started on Acolyte.

If anything you become more accustomed to the weapons and the enemies. Plus seeing as its best to only fully upgrade a few weapons in later difficulties, you can see which you like to use best when playing on acolyte.

If its any hint at the difficulty level in regards to NG, I just started on Warrior and am yet to die and just finally used a healing item towards the end of chapter 2. And I am worried about later levels, a lot.

All in all, yes go start another on acolyte. Its Ninja Gaiden, its not as though its the 'easy' level, NG goes, Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Expert. Haha

Definitely drop down to Acolyte. I must have completed NG1 about 15 times, but I still started on Acolyte simply so I could get used to all the new enemies and bosses. The secret to NG success is understanding your opponents and it's much easier to do that when they're not killing you every 5 minutes :)

Definitely drop down to Acolyte. The secret to NG success is understanding your opponents and it's much easier to do that when they're not killing you every 5 minutes :)

I have to disagree with you. I am at level 7 on Warrior, never tried Acolyte, and the difficulty is hard, like Son of Sparda hard, but doable thus far (not DMD hard). Maybe later I will cry for my mother but it's okay right now.

And I think this game is most of all about luck, I am sorry, I mean for the bosses. Sometimes they will rush you, grab you and combo you to death, and sometimes they will walk, hesitate, howl and not be very hardcore on you. You just have to die untill the boss is in a good mood and start peacefuly, wich is ridiculous if you ask me.

I have killed thus far every boss without using a single healing item on Warrior, and I have not upgraded my Ninpo nor my Health. And trust me, I'm ok, but not that good a player. I have more difficulty against those fuc@@@@ Centipedes or Werewolves than with the bosses :)

If you save a lot and don't play more than 2 hours strait, you won't throw your controller in your LCD.

But then again, maybe I'm full of it because I am only at level 7. Maybe on further levels, I will give up lol

beginning of chap 8 really angered me. burst rockets +threesome of Demon Mechs...i wish NG2 would be well balanced like ng1...however doesn't bother me too much anymore. you still keep getting better if you are dedicated :) and luck is also needed in DMC, only say the forest chaps with the chimeras and their random spikes...

I found NG1 a lot more difficult than this one because:

- your health wouldn't automatically refill after a fight;

- there weren't as many savepoints, which if i recall correctly didn't heal you in 1.

- if you died in a bossfight, there wasn't a checkpoint at the bossfight, you had to start at the previous savepoint again.

- i don't know 4 sure, but i recall healing items and the like being bought in the murasama-shop in NG1 getting more expensive everytime you bought one, till a certain maximum price (like in DMC).

- Ooh yea, and ghost fish don't even deal half the damage in this game as they did in 1.

A lot of reasons why this game is not as difficult as NG1.

health didnt refill but you also received less damage.

less savepoints that dont heal, right but you've got 10 lesser potions and 5high potions. prices were always the same on the same difficulty and not like dmc...

right ghost fish are now just a laugh worth :)

guess everyone has its favorite, dont misunderstand me, i really like ng2, but i think it has some balancing flaws. :)

If you're dieing to the point where you're wanting to give up then yes drop down, you're not ready for the difficulty.

Use those two difficultys as a way to get used to the game and improve, cause it really picks up in difficulty when you hit Mentor and Master.

I got #55 in ninja gaiden karma leaderboards OP if you want to play well you gotta start on warrior. don't do acolyte unless ur planning not to play the game again. I don't know about acolyte but warrior was rly easy for me and i know that acolyte is probably10000x easier, go for warrior, its more challenging and thus more fun.

suck it up and take all the dying punishments :p

In ngblack players didn't go to ninja dog mode because of the embarassment and basically itakagi planned it so that you would feel like your manhood was stripped away from you lol they should have done that with this game.

If you are new to this game do acolyte first get to know the game and its layout you will be doing enough re-plays of this game. So start out slow and work your way up. Some people are just better at this then others if you are finding it hard on warrior drop down to acolyte. Like I said before just try to save all you Life of a thousand gods,Life of the gods for the boss battles.

And I think this game is most of all about luck, I am sorry, I mean for the bosses. Sometimes they will rush you, grab you and combo you to death, and sometimes they will walk, hesitate, howl and not be very hardcore on you. You just have to die untill the boss is in a good mood and start peacefuly, wich is ridiculous if you ask me.

I understand what you mean about the bosses, but I'm actually happy they act that way. I'd hate the boss fights to be predictable, and I like my skills to be tested. If they fought the same way every time the fights would soon become way too easy, even on the hardest difficulty, as you'd always know what to expect.

You need to start on Warrior it will be difficult but you will get used to it and get better at the game for the higher difficulties Acolyte is way too easy so go the extra mile with Warrior because you will get better at it be a lot close to a Ninja Gaiden bad ass and you get 2 achievements when you finish for one play. And don't be ashamed to dieing in the fist Ninja Gaiden I got killed by the first Boss of the Game and later I beat Alma on my first try and she was hard so don't worry you will be a Master Ninja in time if you give the game the time.

You need to start on Warrior it will be difficult but you will get used to it and get better at the game for the higher difficulties Acolyte is way too easy so go the extra mile with Warrior because you will get better at it be a lot close to a Ninja Gaiden bad ass and you get 2 achievements when you finish for one play. And don't be ashamed to dieing in the fist Ninja Gaiden I got killed by the first Boss of the Game and later I beat Alma on my first try and she was hard so don't worry you will be a Master Ninja in time if you give the game the time.

No sorry to say if you are new to this do not start on warrior just because you and I thing warrior does not mean it is the same for everyone else. Alot of people think Acolyte is hard for them why in the world would they want to start on warrior. Plus you will be doing enough re-plays so just beat the game on Acolyte then go up to warrior and get weapon and warrior achievement so it really does not matter if you start Acolyte you will be going threw the game again anyway.

Edited by madcap1

OK I HAVE THE ANSWR FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

it very simple all these silly people arguein i shall revel all the choice is urs ok i have no NG experance and i started on warrior i know what u mean about tht sub boss i had a lil trouble with him and believe me ive had my fair share of screaming and controller throwing but at the end the day im doing pretty well im on chapter 13 and im lovin it to be truthful it is up to you but i think maybe if you do change to the low diffuculty ull still be pissed at bosses i mean they are jus gay in this game lol they are hard and easy and hard and wasy i mean it aint like they go up in diffuculty the jump about. at the end of the day my friend it is up to you do what your happy with =) and HAVE FUN its what a game is for well it is for you im very competative and think people shud be crushed with my amazin karma score but thats for another time. lol =)

No sorry to say if you are new to this do not start on warrior just because you and I thing warrior does not mean it is the same for everyone else. Alot of people think Acolyte is hard for them why in the world would they want to start on warrior. Plus you will be doing enough re-plays so just beat the game on Acolyte then go up to warrior and get weapon and warrior achievement so it really does not matter if you start Acolyte you will be going threw the game again anyway.

I disagree. Warrior is more or less the equivelent to Normal on ngblack. Acolyte is just noobing it up and taking the easy road. SUCK IT UP!

GJ Tourius. However when you start Mentor GL ur gonna have to change ur strategy u were doing in warrior if you've been dying a lot lol GL

I disagree. Warrior is more or less the equivelent to Normal on ngblack. Acolyte is just noobing it up and taking the easy road. SUCK IT UP!

GJ Tourius. However when you start Mentor GL ur gonna have to change ur strategy u were doing in warrior if you've been dying a lot lol GL

dude you relly must think ur somin great to talk like that mate some people take games at different levels jus cause you can play on warrior might not suite everyone and i dont see y im gunna need to change my style when im on chapter 13 in jus over 8 hours play ive had jus over 100 deaths and this is the first time ive ever played a game like this soo maybe you shud think before you post =)

Who is arguing we are just both just giving our opinion he has very good points as I do. Just both giving of our opinions. The choice is totally up to you and it is good to have me and dabomb691 giving both views on this becase now whomever wants to try either they have to good opinions on the matter. Even though I know im right JK ;) Like I said dabomb691 has very good points as I do to. Just have fun