Achievement Guide and Road Map

Webb

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UPgMLpQ=.jpg

Golden Touch - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Have 100,000 gold

First things first, the achievement requires you have 100,000 gold on you at any one time

Anyway, some tips:

- Killing dragons and selling their scales and bones is a good way to earn some quick bucks.

- Doing missions for the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will net you plenty of coin.

- In the last Dark Brotherhood main mission, “Hail Sithis!,”you’ll get given 20,000 gold, which you have to invest in another mission. Simply put, don’t start that mission until you have this achievement and this will give you a 20,000 shortcut.

- Pick up what you can, when you can and then when you get back into the city, sell everything you don’t want and net the cash. Don’t waste your time with stupid stuff like bread, plates, wooden dishes, etc. Save it for the high money to weigh ratio.

- Remember, shops don’t have unlimited gold, so try to get rid of stuff as and when you have it. However, if like me you don’t, then you generally find that waiting 48 hours (in the store, that is using the wait button) they will have their allotted amount of money back, so if you’re desperate, do that. You can always buy back what you sell at a later time, obviously for a much more bigger cost. NOTE: If you do it this way it can be stupidly boring! Also, the higher your speech skill, the more you get per item (although it’s not really that noticeable). You can use the merchants in every town, but the best place to do this is in the Thieves Guild, with Tonilia… when I went to see her she had 4,000 gold every 48 hours, so it’s much quicker this way (this was after I had finished the Thieves Guild's questline though, so she may have less before then). Also, as GR Fenrir points out, hitting the guide button just after you start to wait for 24 hours actually makes the timer click down quicker... so do that!

Or you can sell, save, kick her ass, and load. :Bounce: Faster for me this way.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, don't know if anyone else has brought this up, or how long it's been the case, but while you can still glitch the "Ill Met by Moonlight" quest for Hircine and recieve both the ring and the hide, both items now only count as 1 toward the Oblivion Walker achievement. I usually forgo Namira's Ring because I'm not a fan of cannibalism, and use the extra item from Hircine to fill the gap, but it didn't work on my alternate profile. Just a heads-up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
theres a couple of "Cheap" ways to level quickly

[...]

2/ not sure if the patch fixed this or not, but if your close enough to an enemy and he cant see you, you can sneak constantly into the wall/corner .. i just rubberbanded the analog stick and left it while i watched tv

I can confirm that as of March 31st, 2014 it has not been patched (and at this point probably won't be). I am personally doing it right now before I've even finished the first quest. When you come upon the bear in the cave there's a corner behind it where you can accomplish this.

I can confirm that as of March 31st, 2014 it has not been patched (and at this point probably won't be). I am personally doing it right now before I've even finished the first quest. When you come upon the bear in the cave there's a corner behind it where you can accomplish this.

It won't be patched and wasn't patched because it doesn't need to be. To "fix" this they would have to make it so that sneaking doesn't increase Sneak which would really mess up the skill and then that would warrant a patch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...