Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its nice to see the achievements, and what i have to aim for. But it looks a bit short with having only 6 chapters but lets hope it is a long and fun game. I wonder if we complete it on Elite and it would unlock the others, but i doubt that

EDIT:// Also the "Very Gracious" achievement, will take some time alot of time but it is just like Dead Rising's 7 day achievement. At least now i can spend some more quality time with my ps3 while i wait it out

• 2 weeks later...

haha! host a game for 48 hours, wow,i guess the really really sad people who have no better time with their lifes, will for that (kinda like me) though i really don't know how, i reckon they will count the 48 hours as the game time played, so u cant really just host a room, and stay in there..you have to play. i dunno...seems reasonable, still stupid

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/306/UPuN9b4=.jpgVery Gracious 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Host a dedicated server for 48 hours total then quit

It actually says 48 hours total. So you could do an hour a day for 48 days.

I think these achievements look really good, very reminiscent of Gears of War, but easier. I didn't find the demo to be anything above average, and I thought my deciding factor to whether I like it or not would be the achievements... I like them so much that I think I'll buy this game now.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/306/+5w29A==.jpgAll Fall Down

Kill 3 enemies at one time during Time Stop 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

This achievement has to be done by killing 3 enemies during one timestop with your gun. Blowing up 3 people at the same time with a grenade does not unlock it.

You will get a perfect opportunity to get this achievement right at the beginning of the "point of impact" mission so don't sweat it. Use the shotgun at point blank range to one shot them and this achievement will come easily.

510/1000 seem to be single player Achievements. I am kind of disappointed that they did not do more for Single Player and really the Achievements for online kind of remind me more of the game F.E.A.R. which is a bad thing. Ahh well, hopefully though it wont be to hard to get most of them.

I have a Major problem with the 48 hour achievment, I mean I am incredebly lucky if my internet stays online for more than 2 hours let alone 2 days.

520/1000 is the Single Player portion. Unfortunately no one is online to get the online achievements right now.

I'm trying the dedicated server one now. Hopefully someone joins. I have my PS3, Wii, PSP and DS to bide my time while I clock up the hours ;)

Let me know how it goes, i've done about 8 hours of hosting so far and in total i've had about 4 people play on it. I guess it will pick up now as it's been released in the U.S. and the european release is still this friday.

Are you going for 48 hours straight?

510/1000 seem to be single player Achievements. I am kind of disappointed that they did not do more for Single Player and really the Achievements for online kind of remind me more of the game F.E.A.R. which is a bad thing. Ahh well, hopefully though it wont be to hard to get most of them.

I have a Major problem with the 48 hour achievment, I mean I am incredebly lucky if my internet stays online for more than 2 hours let alone 2 days.

maybe it reminds you of fear because the same guys made it.:D

"Did I do that?" or Fury Kill DISCOVERED!!!!

archaic frost and I discovered this achievement just a short while ago. I'll also explain a great strategy for two people to get it in case you can't get it legit:

Achievement - Get five kills in quick succession to get this achievement. YOu might notice every now and again you got a COMBO KILL. Two kills within seconds of each other, you have to keep this chain going till you get a Fury which is 5.

It is approximately 5 kills within 15 seconds in ANY multiplayer game, Player or Ranked.

Guide - archaic and I set up a Player Custom match on Rooftops (mp1). Instant Kill setting, with the Carbine rifle as the primary weapon. The person who wanted the achievement has to plant themselves within the little 'cupboard' like cage, that has a ladder point coming up from it. It is lit with a red light, so it's easy to find (it's on the outside section). You face out straight in front and have your gun zoomed in.

The other player will spawn in the same 2 spots EVERY time this way, and all he/she has to do, is run towards the other player, make sure you stop JUST around the corner each time, so the person getting the achievement doesn't have to deviate from where they are aiming. Keep running towards that opposite corner while the other one peppers the area with bullets and you should get it.

Once we knew what we were doing, we did on our second try.

the boosting is easy. The problems I've found so far are:

The Custom games achievement, I've tried 2 different methods with a friend, NEITHER worked. So If anyone gets the custom games achievement let us know how its done.

I post instructions on how to set up custom games in the Achievement Guide for this game. It worked for me, so you should have no problems.