Dubstep: Love it, or hate it?

undephined

I personally love it. I have a wide music taste. I can't stand techno, but I love me some dubstep. I don't know why, either. It just... it's really appealing. I like the drops, the bass, the electronic sounds... Everything. If someone can pull off the bass and everything well enough, it just sounds great. Dubstep just may be one of my favorite genres.

But one of my favorite things about dubstep is that people with talent actually go and make remixes of old songs, new songs, and even videogame songs. Such as this one, here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU75uz0b8EU]CLICK.[/ame] I can't remember the last time I heard something so fucking epic. No matter who you are, if you grew up with this game as a kid, and head this remixed in such an amazing manner... It gives you goosebumps. It gave me goosebumps. I loved the song so much I went and bought his 5-song Zelda EP, titled Zelda Step for $3. It encludes Song of Storms, Lost Woods, and Gerudo Valley, with two bonus free tracks of freestyles on the tracks. The raps are whack, but they're free, so whatever. He's going to put it up for free soon, so if you're poor or if you just don't want to pay for it, just chill out and it'll come eventually.

Anyway, what do you guys think of dubstep? Love it? Hate it?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, it just seems repetitive and it's never been able to hold my attention more than a few minutes. That's not to say I dislike it, though. If it was background music to something I'd be perfectly fine with it, and by no means is it another Brokencyde or Design the Skyline, but I just don't see the appeal in it. Although the Cookie Monster stuff is kinda humorous...

Its good in the beginning and then it just starts getting repetitive and i cant listen to it anymore

I agree. Depends how they manipulate the sounds, but most Dub tracks are just repetitive noise. Like most music today... ¬¬

Always prefered DnB to Dub, but I still find it enjoyable :D

Sure is déjà vu in here.

I infinitely hate it. To me, it's the worst thing to ever have been created on a computer, and should be wiped from existence.

It's swallowed some of my friends, and now all they do is sit around smoking weed listening to wubb wubb wubb all day, and no, they weren't like that before dubstep got it's claws around them.

Fuck dubstep.

I agree. Depends how they manipulate the sounds, but most Dub tracks are just repetitive noise. Like most music today... ¬¬

Always prefered DnB to Dub, but I still find it enjoyable :D

I agree. Unfortunately many Dubstep songs sound too similar, but whenever there's a variety of sounds, and it's 'different' than the others, I'm all ears. Dubstep doesn't bother me, it's not my favorite, but I don't hate it.

I like some Dubstep...I just found this sick track recently, and its become my favorite.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abw1nhuB2KA]‪Noisia - Machine Gun (16 Bit Remix) HQ‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

and that lost woods remix is awesome, I gotta find more like that. Know of any NES game tracks in dubstep?

*Edit* Just found this. My favorite Castlevania song, Bloody Tears...this version is ok, trying to find more...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnIldZzDBvM]‪Castlevania/BeatmaniaIIDX - Bloody Tears (DJ Phil's Dubstep Remix)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by D4RKXPOW3R

I like some Dubstep...I just found this sick track recently, and its become my favorite.

‪Noisia - Machine Gun (16 Bit Remix) HQ‬‏ - YouTube

and that lost woods remix is awesome, I gotta find more like that. Know of any NES game tracks in dubstep?

*Edit* Just found this. My favorite Castlevania song, Bloody Tears...this version is ok, trying to find more...

Nah, I don't know of any NES remixes at all. But if you want to hear more of the Zelda Step just go look for the other two songs (Song of Storms and Gerudo Valley) on YouTube. They're both really good.