Anyone else think the online doesn't feel "right"?

Mr Snipey

Does Black Ops feel "right" online?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Does Black Ops feel "right" online?

• Yes! I can account for every bullet I've ever fired.
    • No. There's somethin' rotten afoot.

I dunno if this should really be in the bitch thread but I wanted to post a poll.

Basically I've tried, and tried, and I cannot enjoy this game online.

If I go back to any of the 3 previous CODs (especially the MWs), the most noticable thing is that the bullet detection is 'crisp'. I trust that with good aim, my bullets will hit the target.

Here I just don't feel that.

Me and the target see each other, spray our guns, maybe move around a bit, and seemingly decided by random, one of us is dead.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with the OP. Ive seen so many kills that should have been kills. Kills where you can clearly see that the bullets are missing but still get hit markers.

I even have a short clip in my file share of me consecutavily no-scoping 2 guys and killing them when i clearly missed. And this didnt happen nowhere near as often in the MW series

Im with the OP. Ive seen so many kills that should have been kills. Kills where you can clearly see that the bullets are missing but still get hit markers.

I even have a short clip in my file share of me consecutavily no-scoping 2 guys and killing them when i clearly missed. And this didnt happen nowhere near as often in the MW series

Are you serious, theres like a million youtube montages with mw2 no scope/quick scope lameness. You dont see that in Black Ops.

And the clips from theater mode are not dead on accurate. In the game you hit him.

Sounds like your connection might be bad, 3bar and a 4bar make a difference.

And remember it takes more bullets to kill than the MW games, no stopping power FTW, no more 2 bullets from any gun then dead, now thats a crapshoot

A 3-round burst from an M16 (with or without Suppressor), aimed at upper body/head is pretty much a 1 burst kill at short to medium range. Even at ranges beyond 25 meters, you can still get a 1 burst kill with a Suppressor if you aim for the head which gives a 1.4 damage modifier.

It's all down to your connection, in my opinion. I have constant lag spikes due to sharing a connection with a brother who downloads literally hundreds of GB of video's a week, and when he's downloading I'm lucky to play with a 2bar connection. When he's not, I get 3bar, and on a rare occasion I get someone with host near me, I get 4bar. I've noticed that even in hardcore, my crosshairs don't leave the guy, even at just a few feet range, and I won't even get a hitmarker.

But, in core, even when I have a good connection, I do realize that sometimes the hits don't register.

Also, inb4 pr0n jokes about my brother.

Sounds like your connection might be bad, 3bar and a 4bar make a difference.

And remember it takes more bullets to kill than the MW games, no stopping power FTW, no more 2 bullets from any gun then dead, now thats a crapshoot

I thought SP came as standard on this game. Also I have 3bar almost every game. 2 MB broadband yay! 3MB on a really good day. And half the time on kill cams I don't even fire when on my screen I clearly have.

I think ADS on this game is stupid for detection it is so much easier to hip fire its stupid.

I thought SP came as standard on this game. Also I have 3bar almost every game. 2 MB broadband yay! 3MB on a really good day. And half the time on kill cams I don't even fire when on my screen I clearly have.

I think ADS on this game is stupid for detection it is so much easier to hip fire its stupid.

Don't be mad 'cause you live in the UK, I heard the cable is all fuxed over there. Hurray for 15MB...and 60 if I wanna throw hundreds of dollars away a month. lol

Anyways in regards to the OP, no game is perfect they all have their flaws, don't like it, play something else. That said aside from lag (3 bar vs 4 bar) I really have no complaints. It's an ok game? O.o

I've noticed even with a 4 green bar game there is sometimes more lag than a 3 green bar game. Something is not right.

Also, even getting host doesn't remove the lag (I'll get host 1/3 lobbies I stay in). Killcams are still laggy, even though being host should remove all the lag.

MW2 didn't feel like this at all and having host meant no lag. Same with CoD4.

Don't be mad 'cause you live in the UK, I heard the cable is all fuxed over there. Hurray for 15MB...and 60 if I wanna throw hundreds of dollars away a month. lol

o

Dunno where you got that idea. I do random speedtest.net checks every couple of weeks and I don't think I've ever gotten anything below 100mb/s (yes, 100) DL speed. IIRC I only pay for 20mb which would be enough anyway, and its certainly less than 60USD a month.

MP is very off...and it's not just the hit markers.
Thats the Lag because every Online game is based around all the Internet connections in the room.

I've noticed even with a 4 green bar game there is sometimes more lag than a 3 green bar game. Something is not right.

Also, even getting host doesn't remove the lag (I'll get host 1/3 lobbies I stay in). Killcams are still laggy, even though being host should remove all the lag.

MW2 didn't feel like this at all and having host meant no lag. Same with CoD4.

Thats probably Lag switching thats going on.

Its the Lag and if you can connect to the Host or to the room.

IW would had the worst servers while I'm sure that you didn't play that often in MW2 or CoD4 to notice that.

Edited by Blueprotoss

Anyways in regards to the OP, no game is perfect they all have their flaws, don't like it, play something else. That said aside from lag (3 bar vs 4 bar) I really have no complaints. It's an ok game? O.o

Dunno where you got that idea. I do random speedtest.net checks every couple of weeks and I don't think I've ever gotten anything below 100mb/s (yes, 100) DL speed. IIRC I only pay for 20mb which would be enough anyway, and its certainly less than 60USD a month.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1121676204.png thats on a bad day! and what i pay £12 something a month for it!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1121676204.png thats on a bad day! and what i pay £12 something a month for it!

Ironically enough I ran a test just after I posted that to make sure I could back myself up in case I was tested, and here were my results lol

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1121632901.png

Crazy innit.

funny cause when I play MW2 that doesnt feel off to me.

I find it to be alot more laggy and a hell of a lot frame rate drops on BO's. A nampalm causes lagg ffs it can't even handle a simple killstreak.

I'm just wondering when do you play, whats your Internet, what country do you play in, and what country do you live in? Lag will effect people differently while I play at whenever, have Verizon FIOS, play in the US, and stay in th US. I barely get effected by Lag while people in foreign countries and crappy Internet will conflict with me. Chopper Gunners and AC-130s cause more Lag spikes in MW2 then Napalm in BO.