Gold Medal Requirements Checklist

BiggD

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These requirements really take the fun out of the missions. Just my opinion.

so don't worry about them. missions can be replayed easily, and without this guide you wouldn't even know what the challenges are until after you finished it for the first time. and you don't need gold in everything so just play and enjoy and go back afterwards if it takes away fun.

and you don't need gold in everything so just play and enjoy and go back afterwards if it takes away fun.

What you mean by that, we are talking about the achievement right! So there are more missions than 70!? I really have some trouble getting GOLD with:

Mission 16: Mr. Philips (Triggered by either Franklin or Michael)

No Survivors - Kill all fleeing bikers

Headshots - Kill 12 enemies with a headshot

Mission Time - Complete within 12:00

Trailer Trashed - Cause $5,000 damage to Ortega's trailer

Lost and Damned - Kill Terry and Clay during the chase

Always one fucko gets away. I know once you kill a certain amount of bikers the last four splits up an run in every direction and it's hard to keep up. Even getting on a vehicle is not fast enough. Any tips guys!?

What you mean by that, we are talking about the achievement right! So there are more missions than 70!? I really have some trouble getting GOLD with:

Mission 16: Mr. Philips (Triggered by either Franklin or Michael)

No Survivors - Kill all fleeing bikers

Headshots - Kill 12 enemies with a headshot

Mission Time - Complete within 12:00

Trailer Trashed - Cause $5,000 damage to Ortega's trailer

Lost and Damned - Kill Terry and Clay during the chase

Always one fucko gets away. I know once you kill a certain amount of bikers the last four splits up an run in every direction and it's hard to keep up. Even getting on a vehicle is not fast enough. Any tips guys!?

Getting gold in 70 missions is a combination of the 69 story missions and the 58 Strangers and Freaks missions. You have 127 missions to choose from to get gold in 70 of them. Play them all then replay the ones you think would be easiest to get a gold medal in.

Getting gold in 70 missions is a combination of the 69 story missions and the 58 Strangers and Freaks missions. You have 127 missions to choose from to get gold in 70 of them. Play them all then replay the ones you think would be easiest to get a gold medal in.

There's 58 Strangers and Freaks?

Fuck...my fingers are going too hurt tonight typing this up...plus another 63 hobbies/pastimes.

Think the Social Club is wrong as the in game counter say's there are 20 Freak missions. Either the game or the Social Club is wrong. Unless they are seperately counted for each character? If there are 58, that's a lot of missions in an already packed to bursting game.

There are 58 missions, I checked in the Strategy Guide. I just don't know if you need to only complete 20 for the 100% achievement, or if you need to complete all 58.

There are 58 missions, I checked in the Strategy Guide. I just don't know if you need to only complete 20 for the 100% achievement, or if you need to complete all 58.

The game clearly states there are 20 and that's where I'm confused. Does the strategy guide actively list the 58 missions then? 69 story missions and 58 Freaks missions just sounds like way too many on top of everything else already in the game.

Just trying to confirm this 100%. If there are 58, then I may need to prepare my body for even more GTA goodness!

The game clearly states there are 20 and that's where I'm confused. Does the strategy guide actively list the 58 missions then? 69 story missions and 58 Freaks missions just sounds like way too many on top of everything else already in the game.

Just trying to confirm this 100%. If there are 58, then I may need to prepare my body for even more GTA goodness!

Yes, the Strategy Guide lists all 58 missions. I did a quick count and only about 40 of the Stranger and Freaks missions have Gold Medal requirements (the others don't have requirements, only the mission itself).

So since there are only 40 Gold Medal Stranger & Freaks Missions, it now makes sense that this is why the Social Club says you only have to complete 20 Stranger & Freaks Missions (half).

Yes, the Strategy Guide lists all 58 missions. I did a quick count and only about 40 of the Stranger and Freaks missions have Gold Medal requirements (the others don't have requirements, only the mission itself).

So since there are only 40 Gold Medal Stranger & Freaks Missions, it now makes sense that this is why the Social Club says you only have to complete 20 Stranger & Freaks Missions (half).

Wow, thanks for the confirmation sir. That is amazing. I can't believe how much content is in this game!

Reading that you can do the requirements one by one has made me a happy bunny as I was thinking that they were going to be way too difficult to hit in one run.

If that was the case, I think A LOT of people wouldn't bother going for that achievement!

Wow, thanks for the confirmation sir. That is amazing. I can't believe how much content is in this game!

It is indeed amazing how much content is in the game. It's good to know Rocktar's $200-ish million they put into the game will not go to waste :D

I just unlocked the achievement! Can confirm that they don't all need to be done in one run.

FYI, I unlocked it on my 71st Gold (48 Story/23 Strangers). The 70th Gold was completed in part, in other words, I got a Silver but had completed the other challenges and the 71st was completed as a Gold (I did all challenges at once).

Perhaps just make sure you completely Gold a mission on your 70th one. Not sure if it will unlock if you pass 70 although I have reason to believe it will as is my case in point.

Best of luck!

I just unlocked the achievement! Can confirm that they don't all need to be done in one run.

FYI, I unlocked it on my 71st Gold (48 Story/23 Strangers). The 70th Gold was completed in part, in other words, I got a Silver but had completed the other challenges and the 71st was completed as a Gold (I did all challenges at once).

Perhaps just make sure you completely Gold a mission on your 70th one. Not sure if it will unlock if you pass 70 although I have reason to believe it will as is my case in point.

Best of luck!

That was quick, nice work. I've only done 15 missions so far but they're easier to 100% than the missions on TBoGT.

Best of luck!

That was quick :eek:

It was, I've been no-life since release. This game is just too addictive.

Some of the later missions are pretty tricky but I agree that it is easier than TBoGT. No doubt about that.

I'll take you and B A R 4 D's word that it's not too bad. I'm having trouble with getting Gold Medals, but hopefully when I go to redo them post-game, it's easy. I know you can complete the requirements separately, but the time ones are always rough.

You were a bit late with the spoiler thing there friend. Thanks a lot, jackass.

The spoiler coverage was there from the beginning. Don't be pissy because you clicked on a link for gold requirements for missions. If you didn't expect spoilers, you deserve to have shit spoiled.