Heavy Lifting

bleepster

I noticed that in the achievement section, someone commented that they deleted the patch and retried the heavy lifting achievement and they got it no problem.

I too was struggling with this, so I did the same.

I deleted my patch - declined the update, replayed that level and got the achievement first time.

if you are struggling, give that a try.

the original poster said the patch made the Raven much more difficult to kill. I now am a believer.

i didn't see this posted here - but if this is a repeat, mods please feel free to edit/delete as you see fit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Explains why it took me and my mates ages to get when we did it. It is possible with the patch but my God it was hard!

Edit:

Ahhh sorry I did it on an earlier patch...Just somes up this game really with all the patches it's had lol

• 2 weeks later...
I assume I would have to clear my cache in order to delete the patch, correct? Should I wait until this is my only achievement left, in case it wipes my rank/campaign progress?

This. I want to get this achievement, but I don't want to lose my game progress (especially the challenges I've already completed). Anyone have an answer?

I assume I would have to clear my cache in order to delete the patch, correct? Should I wait until this is my only achievement left, in case it wipes my rank/campaign progress?

This. I want to get this achievement, but I don't want to lose my game progress (especially the challenges I've already completed). Anyone have an answer?

The game progress glitch only occurred if you cleared your cache and then started the game WITHOUT your gamertag signed in. Signing in your gamertag AFTER you start the game is what wipes the data. Solution: after you clear your cache and before you start the game, make sure your gamertag is signed in (the game will kick you off of Live when you don't accept the update, but your gamertag should still be signed in).

I personally am also leaving this achievement until last. I have to complete the campaign challenges and get to Level 60 (currently 49) before I do this achievement. Better safe than sorry.

The game progress glitch only occurred if you cleared your cache and then started the game WITHOUT your gamertag signed in. Signing in your gamertag AFTER you start the game is what wipes the data. Solution: after you clear your cache and before you start the game, make sure your gamertag is signed in (the game will kick you off of Live when you don't accept the update, but your gamertag should still be signed in).

I personally am also leaving this achievement until last. I have to complete the campaign challenges and get to Level 60 (currently 49) before I do this achievement. Better safe than sorry.

No worries, I just did it without any consequences. Deleted my cache, stayed signed in, declined the update, played the level, got the achievement, went to the dashboard, and reinstalled the update. Nothing seems to be damaged or missing, all my game and challenge progress remains.

• 3 weeks later...

I also did this 20+ times on Hardened and often barely got into the Loader without losing half my health. Deleted my cache and got it second time. To confirm, this does not affect your save games or challenge progress. No timestamp on the achievement, but it's a small price to pay

Cache clearing worked for me. I tried this many times in solo & coop with the update and never even got close to finishing in the required time. I got it solo on the second try without the update- it was a big help to have the other xenos just wandering around not scratching my face off before I even got into the loader.

Be sure to follow NShepherd N7's process for cache clearing & updating to keep your MP stats & campaign progress intact. It worked for me & two other friends who were in the same boat. I was a level 47 marine at the time and too chicken to try it until someone I knew confirmed.

Kudos to anyone who got this achievement without deleting the update. You must have been the ones destroying me in multiplayer....