Anyone notice horrible pop in issue

BrannIsLeet

Picked up the game last night and have been having horrible pop in issue's. Anytime I'm driving through Los Santos at a fast speed, garbage cans, traffic lights, mail boxes, and even whole buildings will just suddenly appear out of nowhere. I've read mutiple fourms about R* saying to not install the "play" disc on the HDD and I haven't, I did however read if you install it on a USB that it can help with the pop ins... Just bought one today and still no luck. Getting really annoyed with this. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if anyone can offer any advice on what to do.

Thanks

Do you have both discs installed? If you install the 'Play' disc, then it can't load all necessary info from the HDD fast enough and things get choppier. Try running it from the disc, or using a USB drive to hold the 'Play' disc data.

Yes i have, but earlier last night when i first got it. I only installed it the "install" disc to my HDD. Now I have the "install" still on the HDD and the "play" on a Usb jumpdrive i just bought today to try and fix the pop in issues.

Picked up the game last night and have been having horrible pop in issue's. Anytime I'm driving through Los Santos at a fast speed, garbage cans, traffic lights, mail boxes, and even whole buildings will just suddenly appear out of nowhere. I've read mutiple fourms about R* saying to not install the "play" disc on the HDD and I haven't, I did however read if you install it on a USB that it can help with the pop ins... Just bought one today and still no luck. Getting really annoyed with this. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if anyone can offer any advice on what to do.

Thanks

Try buying it on PC. The 360 is eight years old and only has 512MB of RAM.

It's not a magic box, it's a piece of electronic equipment. A PC from eight years ago won't even meet the minimum requirements of the PC version.

---

That being said ... I am not having nearly as bad issues with pop-ins or framerate drops EXCEPT when I'm at high speeds (which is pretty much how it was in GTA IV).

My brother and I are having real bad issues too. (Two different copies on two different consoles) - Characters going invisible, textures not loading, items and cars spawning randomly. A car randomly drove straight through a a building while I was going down a side road and hit me from the side (With no driver inside also) and jumping/walking through 'solid' walls and getting stuck in an underground car park and having to quit and reload.

I was expecting a lot better than this considering the amount of 10/10 reviews it got. - And no I don't have the "play" disc installed.

I've been playing all night since 12:45am, slept for two hours, many missions in and have no issues except when in jets. Minor things here and there when in an incredibly fast car but nothing to gripe over here, and I have only the install disc installed.

My brother and I are having real bad issues too. (Two different copies on two different consoles) - Characters going invisible, textures not loading, items and cars spawning randomly. A car randomly drove straight through a a building while I was going down a side road and hit me from the side (With no driver inside also) and jumping/walking through 'solid' walls and getting stuck in an underground car park and having to quit and reload.

I was expecting a lot better than this considering the amount of 10/10 reviews it got. - And no I don't have the "play" disc installed.

Well I'm glad it's not only me, hopefully they will release a patch to help with the issues that are going on.

I have both discs installed, and only see an occasional popup in the distance. Especially when I fast travel with a cab. Also some textures need a second to sharpen out a bit sometimes.

Could there be a difference with later models of the xbox 360? I have a slim model, maybe that hard drive is a bit faster then older/earlier models? Just a theory.

So I guess Rockstar was dumb to tell us not to install?

You can't really say that. They probably had some issues while playing the game with both discs installed, and decided it was better to warn people not to do it, rather than coming out in 3 weeks time and saying 'oh yeah, we should have warned you not to install both discs'. It is basically just saving their arses.

Try buying it on PC. The 360 is eight years old and only has 512MB of RAM.

It's not a magic box, it's a piece of electronic equipment. A PC from eight years ago won't even meet the minimum requirements of the PC version.

---

That being said ... I am not having nearly as bad issues with pop-ins or framerate drops EXCEPT when I'm at high speeds (which is pretty much how it was in GTA IV).

First off, you are an idiot. People that buy it for consoles either don't own a high end gaming rig or would rather play games with friends that own it on consoles. The whole buy it for PC comment is simply an attempt to troll. Secondly, it is idiotic for you to compare this game running on an 8 year old PC to the Xbox. Just because the xbox hardware is 8 years old, the game (like every other game) has seperate builds for every console, PC included. This allows devs to ensure that their game runs as smoothly as possible on all systems. The reason an 8 year old PC can barely run it is because the PC version is built for new PCs in mind.

First off, you are an idiot. People that buy it for consoles either don't own a high end gaming rig or would rather play games with friends that own it on consoles. The whole buy it for PC comment is simply an attempt to troll. Secondly, it is idiotic for you to compare this game running on an 8 year old PC to the Xbox. Just because the xbox hardware is 8 years old, the game (like every other game) has seperate builds for every console, PC included. This allows devs to ensure that their game runs as smoothly as possible on all systems. The reason an 8 year old PC can barely run it is because the PC version is built for new PCs in mind.

LMAO ... you do realize this game isn't available on PC right?

I was making a joke. /facepalm

Seems like the game is really variable in performance. Works fine for me.

To the installers of the 'install' disk, did you open the disk and install from there? Because it doesn't load a single 8 gig file (4 files around 2 gigs each instead), so I think it's a different process than installing it from the dashboard.