Potting 8 0r 9 ball off break??

IEvil IMonkey

I want to no this also. . Its way to hard to get

Once I worked out the right area of the pack to aim for I managed to sink the 8 ball in about 15-20 attempts. The 9 ball seemed a little easier which I sunk after about 7-8 shots aiming for a similar spot. I have managed to sink it a further 3 times since in about 25 games. Below are the set-ups I used but there is no guarantee this will work for you in the same number of shots as me as lot of it is down to luck but its the best distribution of the balls I could manage and regularly results in a few balls being potted.

Click on the images to see them in full scale.

My 8-Ball Set up

WP_000294%20-%20Copy.jpg

Aim for the blue stripe (2nd ball on left) just missing the yellow at the front so the cue ball runs into the cushion on the left. This sometimes returns into the pack breaking up any remaining balls. Seems very random at times even when try replicate shooting from the same position.

WP_000297%20-%20Copy.jpg

Below is about the average distribution I get after the break. You can see 8 ball at the top end of the table.

WP_000298%20-%20Copy.jpg

My 9 Ball Set up

WP_000299%20-%20Copy.jpg

This is very similar but shooting from closer to the cushion. In 9 Ball you need to hit the 1 ball first (solid yellow at front of pack) so this time aim for about the same position as the method above but ensure you strike the 1 ball first and also that the cue ball is going towards the back cushion.

WP_000303%20-%20Copy.jpg

Note: Hitting with full power is essential. So if your having trouble with the power bar use the tip of your finger and pull down from where I have marked in the photo below. If it does not go all the way to the bottom bring it back to the top, remove your finger and try again. It is very annoying but the little extra bit of power makes all the difference.

vlcsnap-2012-08-03-01h54m11s90.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-08-03-01h56m32s60.jpg

Hope this helps.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82