The Passing Glitch?

Chris240191

I downloaded the passing just now and every now and then whilst playing, it says "Gamer Profile Error" with a little message saying my profile failed to update.

I got the 18 decaps with the golf club and it said it again, now every time I decap a zombie the message appears. I have tried restarting my xbox a few times to let it load up again but this keeps happening. It also just appears randomly every now and then. I have never had this appear before downloading this.

Anyone have any ideas if this is a glitch with the passing or just a general L4D2 glitch? Also if there is a fix for this?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Alright. It IS safe though.

Looked it up and I guess you were right about a few people having a problem.

I think someone was saying if you sign in with a different account and do it, it will be okay. I don't see how since you're removing all updates on the xbox itself.

If you are that worried about the gears rank do this:

1.)Clear your cache

2.)Sign out of the profile you don't want to lose your rank in

3.)Sign into a different profile

4.)Load up gears and update.

The people that have lost their rank is because they clear their cache then load up gears and play a game before updating or they go to a friends house with their profile and play on a non-updated version of gears. The reason this happens is because your rank is stored in your profile and if you play on a non-updated gears the game reads it as data that shouldn't be there and erases it. I clear my cache all the time and simply make sure that I download the update before I play anything. Hope this helps.