Plasma Railgun >.>

ImAPirateSoSueMe

The Plasma Railgun has to be THE worst fucking weapon EVER... >.> Looks like I'm stopping at Generation 3 Level 50 cuz no way in hell am I gunna get 50 Titan kills w/ that utter piece of shit. It'd be a damn miracle if I can even get 10 Titan kills w/ it to get the god'damn Instant Shot.... may as well try to get the All The Hardware achievement on this Gen since I know I'm not gunna get that shit done. At first I welcomed the challenge of Regen requirements, but now that's just over the top.. I can only imagine the later challenges like killing 50 ejecting pilots...

Rant over, sorry :mad:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do charge it up, but the first shot is a complete waste since it only removes the enemies armor, and then when I actually manage to lower their health someone swoops in and steals the damn kill.... I'm loving this game too much to stress over complete bullshit like that. An alternative would be to just boost it, but fuck that. My leveling journey ends at G3 Lvl50, unfortunately. The Arc Cannon is alright, My first time using it, I got the achievement for it and that's it... it's apparently my most efficient weapon at 6.93 kills per minutes lol

The Plasma Railgun has to be THE worst fucking weapon EVER... >.> Looks like I'm stopping at Generation 3 Level 50 cuz no way in hell am I gunna get 50 Titan kills w/ that utter piece of shit. It'd be a damn miracle if I can even get 10 Titan kills w/ it to get the god'damn Instant Shot.... may as well try to get the All The Hardware achievement on this Gen since I know I'm not gunna get that shit done. At first I welcomed the challenge of Regen requirements, but now that's just over the top.. I can only imagine the later challenges like killing 50 ejecting pilots...

Rant over, sorry :mad:

I smash with the plasma rail gun. Use the insta shot, it's a beast!

If I can ever get 10 damn kills with it.... I played 2 hours worth of Last Titan Standing and not a SINGLE kill.... I then switch back to my 40mm after deciding to say fuck it and just go to town w/ no problem at all....

Jesus man. Are you fully charging it? You can basically take out an enemy's shield with one fully charged shot.

Jesus man. Are you fully charging it? You can basically take out an enemy's shield with one fully charged shot.

Yes, I am charging it... but by the time I fully charge a second shot, either my health is getting blasted on or a teammate went to town on the damn enemy... I've been playing all day but those 2 hours all consisted of my worst matches ever played thus far.... it really is ridiculous...

If you really can't get kills with it, you can play CTF or Hardpoint and kill people's auto-titans. It's kind of a shitty thing to do, but it would work.

I wouldn't see how it'd be a shitty thing, they are enemies after all... lmao

Stop playing last titan standing, it might seem like the ideal mode for titan kills but the railgun and arc canon are always going to get their kills stolen. The other gamemodes provide better opportunities for uninterrupted 1v1s.

It did seem like the ideal mode, but that's not why I was playing it, my friend wanted to get the rest of our 50 wins done for it so I said why not and just decided to try and go for the kills during the time we played.... needless to say I epicly failed... unfortunately.

I always get my titan kills stolen by some noob to shit to get his own titan kills but pay backs a bitch just shoot at titans already at low health hopefully you get the kill

killing 50 ejecting pilots is going to be the worse so il stop at 5th gen

You're right, 50 ejecting pilots is gunna be worse, but in the sense that pilots actually ejecting is a rare occurrence to be seen. But so far most of the time I've seen one ejecting, I've killed them, which to my surprise hasn't been 10 yet... it just really sucks that all the previous work you've done doesn't automatically get counted when you get the challenge.. but makes sense, obviously.

I used LTS to grind out all the titan weapon mods in my first gen and while the railgun and arc cannon were the hardest to finish, they're not too bad if you go in with the right playstyle. Use the lightshield thing and stay behind friendly titans and don't be afraid to wait on taking your shot until a friendly whittles down the enemy titans health so your charged shot will get the kill

To the OP:

Instead of wasting time by writing a post(s), try switching up your approach to how you battle titans. I hate the railgun as well; simply mix it up. You can't just approach other titans and expect to win. You need to throw up the particle shield and sit behind while blasting other titans from a distance. Use the multi-target missiles to lower their shields and then blast away with the railgun.

Look for other titans fighting; stay at a distance and support them with the railgun. Also, be a dick! Wait until you see an enemy titan has low health, then start blasting it with the railgun; you want to see the "Titan Doomed +200"

You really shouldn't be using your primary weapon to take off shields anyway. Cluster Missile + Smoke, dash away, charge, THEN start firing your Railgun. Or just play support with it and be toward the back of a multi-Titan battle. There are plenty of ways to be successful with this gun, try different things.

To the OP:

Instead of wasting time by writing a post(s), try switching up your approach to how you battle titans. I hate the railgun as well; simply mix it up. You can't just approach other titans and expect to win. You need to throw up the particle shield and sit behind while blasting other titans from a distance. Use the multi-target missiles to lower their shields and then blast away with the railgun.

Look for other titans fighting; stay at a distance and support them with the railgun. Also, be a dick! Wait until you see an enemy titan has low health, then start blasting it with the railgun; you want to see the "Titan Doomed +200"

You really shouldn't be using your primary weapon to take off shields anyway. Cluster Missile + Smoke, dash away, charge, THEN start firing your Railgun. Or just play support with it and be toward the back of a multi-Titan battle. There are plenty of ways to be successful with this gun, try different things.

This and this. I thought it was a bag off shit at first but it's really powerful once you can struggle to get the insta shot. Fight at a distance and don't be afraid to steal kills, everyone else does it. As mentioned above, use rockets, put on the perk that regens your rockets faster, don't waste time popping their shields with the railgun, by the time you've popped the shield you've got to reload and he's either run off or he's rushed you and destroyed your shields. Use your rockets and the particle shield to get the shield off, then use your railgun.

Once I struggled to the 10 kills to get the insta shot you can be a bit more aggressive, don't be afraid to hip fire it up close either.

Edited by Sgt Hartman 87

I'd say it's the 3rd worst Titan Weapon when it's vanilla (no mods). So right in the middle. In order from best to worst:

1. Chaingun

2. 40MM

3. Quad Rocket

4. Railgun

5. Triple Threat

6. Arc Cannon

Triple Threat and Arc Cannon are awesome weapons even without mods if you use them correctly.

Triple Threat and Arc Cannon are awesome weapons even without mods if you use them correctly.

I honestly can't comment on the Arc Cannon that much because I haven't used it as extensively as the others (but for the time I have used it it seems pretty terrible), but I don't care what you or anyone else says, the Triple Threat is complete garbage. Literally all it can do is heavy damage to Titans at point blank range. That's it. Pilots can jump over the balls to avoid damage (assuming they're stupid enough to not get out of the way since they take 3 seconds to explode). And if that's all it can do (which it is), then the Quad Rocket or just straight Titan Punch are better options. And when you're getting that close for combat, you're usually never going to survive and you'll be lucky to get one Titan kill per Titan you use.

I honestly can't comment on the Arc Cannon that much because I haven't used it as extensively as the others (but for the time I have used it it seems pretty terrible), but I don't care what you or anyone else says, the Triple Threat is complete garbage. Literally all it can do is heavy damage to Titans at point blank range. That's it. Pilots can jump over the balls to avoid damage (assuming they're stupid enough to not get out of the way since they take 3 seconds to explode). And if that's all it can do (which it is), then the Quad Rocket or just straight Titan Punch are better options. And when you're getting that close for combat, you're usually never going to survive and you'll be lucky to get one Titan kill per Titan you use.

I usually get 2-3 kills per Titan when using the Triple Threat. One game, I spent nearly the entire match in one Titan (it survived at the end) and got 10-15 pilot kills and 7-8 Titan kills with the Triple Threat. It is all about learning how to properly use the weapon.

I usually get 2-3 kills per Titan when using the Triple Threat. One game, I spent nearly the entire match in one Titan (it survived at the end) and got 10-15 pilot kills and 7-8 Titan kills with the Triple Threat. It is all about learning how to properly use the weapon.

No, in your case I'm going to say it's all about getting lucky or playing a shitty team. Probably both. I've used every gun in the game now and I get a game like that a few times with even the worst weapons, including the Triple Threat. It doesn't do anything that something else can already do better than it.

Chaingun: Best weapon for pilots at range.

Railgun: Best weapon for Titans at range

40MM: Best weapon for pilots on the move.

Quad Rockets: Best weapon for pilots/Titans at close range.

Arc Cannon: Best weapon for multiple targets.

The quad rocket really outclasses it in every way, except outright damage, which the Triple Threat only succeeds in if you land every shot, which is extremely unlikely unless the opposition sucks because all you have to do is boost out of range. Quad Rockets are better at clearing out buildings because there's no delay. Better at close combat because every shot is in the middle of your screen instead of spread out like the Triple Threat.