Worst parents in the world...

Sanction

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/29/worst-parents-in-the-world-punk-kid-into-thinking-he-got-an-xbox/

When you were a kid did your parents ever do anything mean to you for their own amusement? Whatever it was, something tells us it wasn't as evil as what Jonathan's (above) family did on Christmas morning, having him unwrap an empty Xbox box with some shirts inside -- while on video, mind you -- and then everyone laughing at him when he got upset and cried over being hoodwinked. For the love of all that is holy in the gadget-loving world, that is so wrong. Despite the fact his family told Jonathan multiple times in the video, "C'mon, you know we can't afford an Xbox!", the kid's shining example of an older brother (who uploaded the video) claims that they actually did get him the console, and that he'd eventually upload the video of the "real" unwrapping. He never did. Right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhO-OE931D4]YouTube - brother on christmas...[/ame]

THIS is what causes violence among kids.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What is with his hair?

2. I didn't know whether to laugh or feel bad.. I think I chose the latter.

Yea indeed, what did they do to his hair?? Maybe this has something to do with another joke of the family??

I have to say I had to laugh with the video but at the same time I was feeling bad for the little boy...

Did you guys go to the link that goes to engadget, or watch the video in post? If you go to the article on their site the guys at engadget.com promised him a 360 seeing that his parents are morons. If they followed through with it then that's pretty cool. I hope they did. Moments like these can help one appreciate their own parents.

That was pretty messed up. He went from looking all excited to looking like he got punched in the stomach. Plus, it didn't help matters that his whole family was laughing at him. Poor kid. I hope they really did get him a 360.

That was pretty messed up. He went from looking all excited to looking like he got punched in the stomach. Plus, it didn't help matters that his whole family was laughing at him. Poor kid. I hope they really did get him a 360.

I know, I hope the owners of the site that was posted on got him a 360 like they said. Plus, anyone who laughs at this is fucking heartless.

I laughed really hard at first expecting the parents to just be messing with him and eventually like have it hooked up to the TV or something, then I got really upset when I realized that they were just mean assholes. It reminded me of something funny that happened to me when I was yougner. My mom tried really hard to get me A nintendo 64 but she couldnt find one the christmas it came out so she bought me Star Wars: Shadows of The Empire and told me shell get the system next shipment the store gets. Sure enough the next month came and she got it. I was grateful and thought it was kind of the same thing when I first saw the video and then realized those people are Jerks.

We did something similar to this on my friend.It was his 16 birthday and we rented a 2008 Mustang GT. The next couple of day he was ranting about his car, but the day after, the dealer came up to his house wanting there car back. The funniest part was that he spent $1500 on rims for the car, but couldn't get them off before the repo men showed up!!