Traveler Achievement only Guide

Ray5555

I got the Traveler achievement today. I have a list of every place you have to visit. I will list them in first by non-missable, and then by missable. I will start this in a little bit. Also I will go into great detail on how to get these places to appear, i just won't go into detail about how to make the Non-Missable places appear. I will add more places when I boot up the game on the 360. BTW you don't need to do all of the origins to unlock this achievement.

Non-Missable places:

-----------------------

Denerim:

Elven Alienage

Market District

Arl of Redcliffe's Estate

Royal Palace

Arl of Denerim's estate

Fort Drakon pt.2

Warehouse

Lothering:

Redcliff:

Redcliffe Castle

Redcliff Village

Redcliffe Dungeons

Haven

Village of Haven

The Dragon's Lair

Ruined Temple

Lake Calenhad Docks

Circle Tower

Inner Fade: The stars that make the inner pentagon , you have to fight through to get to the sloth demon. The outside areas are optional so I have them listed below under missable areas.

Frostback Mountains:

Orzammar

Caridin's Cross

Ortan Thaig

The Dead Trenches

Anvil of the Void

Brecilian Outskirts

Dalish Camp

West Brecilian Forest

East Brecilian Forest

Brecilian Forest

The Elven Tombs

Werewolf Lair

Ostagar

Korkari Wilds

Flemeth's Hut

Tower of Ishal

Party Camp

Missable places

Frostback Mountains:

Aeducan Thaig: You Can easily miss this area since it is not part of the story line. Buth this is available as soon as the deep road opens up during the story line.

*Cadash Thaig: you have to have shale in your party during Anvil of the Void mission. You also have to destroy the Anvil or shale will leave your party, and you won't get the Golem's Memories side mission that unlocks this area.

Civil War:

To unlock this Area you must accept the mission "Loghain's Push" from the chantry board in Denerim.

Battlefield:

To unlock this area you must accept the mission "Brothers and Sons" from the Denerim chantry board.

Refugees:

To unlock this area you need to accept the mission "Desperate Haven" from the chantry board in Redcliffe village.

Caravan:

To unlock this area you need to accept the mission "Caravan Down" from the Chantry board in Redcliffe Village

Edited by Ray5555

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued from the top.

Kadan-Fe Mercenaries:

This is a tricky one since it will disappear off your map after you complete it. but it is required for the traveler achievement. To unlock this Area, you need to recruit Zevran. Then you need to talk to the guy in the Market District in Denerim in the center pavillion between two chests. Afterwards a messanger kid will come up to you on the streets of Denerim and give you a scroll, which unlocks the Trial of the Crows Quest. Go to the Gnawed Noble Tavern in the Market District. Facing the bartender go into the room on the right and talk to Master Ignacio. He will give you a contract to kill the mercenaries that are looking for you. Go to the Pearl and to the back room. Say the secret password, enter and kill the mercenary squad mainly Paedan. Go back to the Gnawed Noble Tavern, Talk to Ignacio again to learn there are more scrolls in the chest. In the chest there is a scoll called "Mercenary Hunt". Take this Scroll, and that will unlock this area.

Denerim:

The Pearl: This area is either already unlocked or it unlocks once you take the mission "Pearls Before Swine from Sergeant Kylon.

Dirty Back Alley: This unlocks once you take the mission "Back Alley Justice" from the Chantry board in Denerim

Dark Alley: See "Dirty Back Alley"

Rundown Back Streets: See " Dirty Back Alley"

Deserted Building: This will unlock once you found the note on Ser Friden's corpse. A new mission called "The Last Request" will appear, and unlock this area

Fort Drakon Pt. 1: You need to get arrested after saving the Queen at the Arl of Denerim's Estate.

Royal Palace District: This will unlock after you defeated 1-2 of the enemie Darkspawn Generals at the end of the Game. You can skip it if you want to go to Fort Drakon again. So this is an optional Area.

Redcliffe:

Fade: You need to let the child live in "The Arl of Redcliffe" mission, and either sacrifice the mother, or get help from the mages in the Circle Tower to unlock this area.

Circle Tower:

Outer fade pentagram: There are 3 spaces that unlock on the outer fade pentagram when you are in the Fade thanks to the sloth demon. Once you defeat 2 areas that connect to a outer area, the outer area unlocks. But you need to beat the 5 inner areas to have all 3 outer areas unlock. Go to these areas to get you allies back, and to enter these areas.

*Soldier's Peak:

To unlock this area you need to go to camp and talk to Levi Dryden in camp. This will unlock the mission "Soldier's Peak", and it will unlock this area.

*Sulcher's Pass:

It's already unlocked on your map, just go there.

*Honnleath:

To unlock this area you need to get the control rod from Felix on Sulcher's Pass. This will unlock the "The Golem in Honnleath" mission, and it will unlock this area.

* Stand for Download content.

I am not sure if the DLC count towards this achievement but I listed it anyways. These are all of the areas in the game.

Edited by Ray5555

Great guide, very detailed. I was just typing mine up and didn't see yours. Also I would like to add that the places I was missing were actual buildings in towns. They were the only places I visited after I reloaded my save so I am quite positive they are neccessary.

no their not, cause I only went into a few houses and got the achievement. Like I never went into the locked door in Back alley, nor the houses on the docks at redcliffe other than the one to find the girl's brother for a mission, and the general store. Also I didn't explore all of recliffe castle, there was still the basement I never went into. half your random encounters I never got. I only explored half the dragon's lair, There were places in Ostagar I didn't go to. i only went into the story related houses in alienage. so yes you don't need to go into houses to get the achievement. Also I only did 3 ally missions, Leliana's, Morrigan's, and Shale's

Yeah I don't think you need any of the companion side quests or random encounters. I am just saying that after reloading from my save right before going to Redcliffe for the finale I went back to every area and the only place I found I had never been to was Alimar's Emporium. It also upped my exploration from 80% to 82%.

Yeah I don't think you need any of the companion side quests or random encounters. I am just saying that after reloading from my save right before going to Redcliffe for the finale I went back to every area and the only place I found I had never been to was Alimar's Emporium. It also upped my exploration from 80% to 82%.

see you need the crowes guild mission. also I had 92% explored when I finished the game. I am guessing the last 8% was the houses I ignored.

Hmm When I get home from work all go back to the tavern and see if i can start it up! If not then Ill just get it when I do my rogue playthrough

Just be glad you didn't slaughter him in cold blood like I did.Ah well,playthrough number 2....

And to the OP,very good work with the guide.Thanks for taking the time and effort!

Just be glad you didn't slaughter him in cold blood like I did.Ah well,playthrough number 2....

And to the OP,very good work with the guide.Thanks for taking the time and effort!

Thanks, I got this achievement normally by just doing quests. I posted about it in the achievement guide topic, and they asked for me to create a topic. It would have been done earlier but i was very very busy.

well he should have said he would leave the stuff in the box. If not I think you can do it multiple playthroughs.

Can anyone confirm this after you tell him to leave? I checked and there's no box, it's in the inn in Denerim right? Or is it located somewhere else? This would greatly be appreciated if anyone can confirm OR if anyone who just needed the mercenary hunt can confirm they did it on a second playthrough (just got up to that point and it unlocked.

Thanks.

Edited by Omera148

Your % doesn't count, the achievement is for every area explored, not world explored. When you hit a new location, it'll say area unlocked, that's the key you are looking for. I have 95% and no achievement, the 5% I'm missing would be from the assassin quests, that alone should prove it's the area that counts, not the % in this case.

In my 1st playthru I killed the demon in the fade (redcliff) but did not do any of the assassin missions and did not get the achievement. In my 2nd playthru I did not enter the fade but did go thru the assassin missions expecting the acheivement to pop after entering the merc camp. No luck, so I continued playing the game until the end (i still need the alternate endings) and when I entered the final area with the archdemon the travelers achievement unlocked. So my guess is that Ray's list is correct because the only area I didnt have was the merc camp and if you dont get everywhere on the 1st playthru you can pick it up on the second but the achievement does not seem to pop until the very end.

In my 1st playthru I killed the demon in the fade (redcliff) but did not do any of the assassin missions and did not get the achievement. In my 2nd playthru I did not enter the fade but did go thru the assassin missions expecting the acheivement to pop after entering the merc camp. No luck, so I continued playing the game until the end (i still need the alternate endings) and when I entered the final area with the archdemon the travelers achievement unlocked. So my guess is that Ray's list is correct because the only area I didnt have was the merc camp and if you dont get everywhere on the 1st playthru you can pick it up on the second but the achievement does not seem to pop until the very end.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: You've gotta be f'n kidding me. Did you skip any major sections outside of the fade?

no. I wasnt sure if the achievement had to be done on 1 playthru so I went everywhere again. Only reason I didnt enter the fade was because I didnt know it would count as a separate area. I lucked out that it must have counted on my 1st playthru. The 2nd time is much faster though - use the x button to skip scenes and conversations, use the leveling trick to get to level 25 within the 1st hour or so and then just burn through it.

I had missed out on 3 of the endings and the romance stuff so I needed a second run anyway.