To all those who can't seem to get the Handyman Achievement

cjblfc

Hi Guys,

I followed the guide on how to do this but still couldn't get it, then I combined a half empty bottle with a full one and voila...achievement unlocked.

Thought I would let you guys know in case that is what you were missing.

Also manually reload the gun...ie shoot 12 bullets (for the magnum) and then go into your jacket and combine the bullets with the gun.

Hope this helps at least a few of you....I know I was going nuts at the thought of having to do those combinations again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much man! I was trying to find possible ways as to why I haven't gotten this achievement since it was the last one and I just want to be done with this game. I figure I'd give this a shot and just emptied one bottle halfway and filled it up with the other and got it! I was surprised but I'm SO glad I am done with this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Also manually reload the gun...ie shoot 12 bullets (for the magnum) and then go into your jacket and combine the bullets with the gun.

Hope this helps at least a few of you....I know I was going nuts at the thought of having to do those combinations again!

Thanks alot mate, the manual reload of the gun was the last thing I needed to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive tried everything in every post on this website and i still dont have it the only combo i havent done is bloodpack ......... i have combined everything in everyones list ive manually reloaded both guns ive combined bottle with bottle both types and glas with plastic so unless everyone is wrong about hte bloodpack then thats the only one i need and i cant find a blood pack yet

Ive tried everything in every post on this website and i still dont have it the only combo i havent done is bloodpack ......... i have combined everything in everyones list ive manually reloaded both guns ive combined bottle with bottle both types and glas with plastic so unless everyone is wrong about hte bloodpack then thats the only one i need and i cant find a blood pack yet

Go to the very northwest corner of the map. There's a small hut next to the obelisk where you find the Root of Evil. You can find a blood pack there. Wrap it with double-sided tape and, hopefully, that gets your achievement for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the assist, got the achievement without having to go through the entire list for some reason? All I had to do wa go through the combo's that were acheivements themselves and then combo the bullets from jacket to magnum and I got it?

And if anyone wants a disc with absolutely ZERO glitches mine seemes to be perfect, I've played through the game twice and my girl has done it twice also and we have not hit a single glitch yet? If it can help anyone else then pm me and we'll arrange some way for you to get it

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I did almost all combos on the list at the end of Level 3, but then for some reason, while driving the car, the screen went black and I died.

Now that I know I've done everything, including the suggestions on this thread, nothing has unlocked.

So should I redo all the combos and then save to be sure?

Alone In The Dark 1000/1000

Edited by E vee dub

After combining everything according to the guide, the "Handyman Carnby" achievement unlocked when I put this combo together:

Double Sided Tape + Flare

Achievement unlocked.

I don't think you have to save after you do several of the combos. I put together almost all of them, according to the guide, but I died after wards. I was going to do them again, but it had unlocked when I did the above.

Alone In The Dark 1000/1000

Edited by E vee dub

• 4 months later...
Hi Guys,

I followed the guide on how to do this but still couldn't get it, then I combined a half empty bottle with a full one and voila...achievement unlocked.

Thought I would let you guys know in case that is what you were missing.

LOL, same thing happened to me. I just read this post to help me figure out what im missing and I went ahead and reloaded 1 bullet and the achievement popped. Thanks

• 6 months later...