***easiest cougar kill***

You may have found that your dodge indicator doesn't alway show up, that's because you're not moving! Ok, now you first off want the .30-06, then you want to use your hunter sense, and finally just keep moving your left analog stick in a circular motion and you'll kill him after six shots to the grill, enjoy!

• 1 month later...

This cougar thing is horseturd, no matter where I stand, or whether I use hunter sense or not, I get about 5 shots in then it just comes from outta nowhere, won't let me dodge and it whacks me. I swear I'm going to smash this game up, every f*cking time he runs up the big rock, runs down and smashes me every single damn time without fail, spent about 2 hours so far trying to kill this ridiculous cougar wanker!

Edited by GTukC

i found that if you stand too far back you cant dodge because the rocks are in the path of the roll (and obviously you cant go through them) so X or B never pops up to dodge. so try standing a bit further foward and regardless of if your facing the cougar or not they will pop up and you will be able to dodge

• 7 months later...

Get in the area with the Adrenaline bar filled to the max. he most likely spawns on top of the right hill and then jumps down. Equip your .500 magnum, the moment he starts moving start the Adrenaline Rush and fire away. If you fire your shots fast enough you can empty your clip and dodge to safty. After that you just need to dodge him one more time to finish him of.

• 10 months later...

Cheers. Such an easy boss. I just looked at the two rocks with Hunter vision until I saw it then strafed side to side looking at it. As soon as it got close the button prompt came up every time. Took about 8 hits, no misses. Not a problem. (Just remember to reload after the 4th shot).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

For anyone still struggling on this a tactic i found to work was to just stay right at the entrance to the set piece and just move from side to side. As you have a full field of vision the cougar is unable to get into the bushes on either side of you and you can always dodge his attacks as he comes right at you.