Easiest way to kill a Big Daddy on any difficulty

Blazman83

I came here yesterday looking for tips on how to kill a Big Daddy on Hard without dying (for brass balls). After finding nothing i decided to try an find a simple way and share it.

This method kills a Big Daddy outright in one shot! Simply find a gas canister and fire 6 proximity mines onto the canister then pick it up with telekinesis and throw it at the big daddy ... instant death.

the first big daddy at the medical pavillion is a little tricky, i personally led him down stairs to the room with the turret that fires missles, he couldnt reach the turret so it was just a case of waiting for him to die.

In the second area Neptunes Bounty again i led the big daddies to the room full of turrets by where u get the camera.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
I came here yesterday looking for tips on how to kill a Big Daddy on Hard without dying (for brass balls). After finding nothing i decided to try an find a simple way and share it.

Ive posted this method multiple times all over this forum its pretty well know if your a hardcore Bioshock fan :p Another good way is to just shoot them with Electric Gel. Also if here are no gas canisters just attach them to anything because 6 mines will near enough kill a BD anyway.

@ Iconoclast - Im assuming it would on Bio 2 but tbh the BD's on Bio 2 are push overs even on Hard.

This method kills a Big Daddy outright in one shot! Simply find a gas canister and fire 6 proximity mines onto the canister then pick it up with telekinesis and throw it at the big daddy ... instant death.

the first big daddy at the medical pavillion is a little tricky, i personally led him down stairs to the room with the turret that fires missles, he couldnt reach the turret so it was just a case of waiting for him to die.

In the second area Neptunes Bounty again i led the big daddies to the room full of turrets by where u get the camera.

Hope this helps.

2 ways,shoot trap bolts at the big daddy or shoot him with anti-personnel machine gun rounds:uzi:which will keep him shaking while you're shooting him.

• 4 weeks later...
2 ways,shoot trap bolts at the big daddy or shoot him with anti-personnel machine gun rounds:uzi:which will keep him shaking while you're shooting him.

Do you mean the armor-piercing rounds? Those are deadly against Big Daddys.

The main way I kill Big Daddies in this game is by shooting several trap bolts in the area he is about to walk to, equip armor-piercing rounds for the pistol and machine gun and equip electric buckshots for the shotgun. It takes away roughly half of his health with those trap bolts and you can finish him off with the armor-piercing rounds.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

mine managed to destroy the turret somehow, however two shotgun shots solved the case, since turret softened him almost to death.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you fire the crossbow you're vulnerable and there's a certain lag time before you can fire again. By switching between crossbow and electric gel , you can damage him then stun the big daddy before he can charge at you (Bouncer), or sidestep the proximity mine which he definitely throws (Rosie) after being stunned for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

The propane tank/oil drum tagged with Prox. Mines is called the Big Daddy Bomb. If that's the only trick you know, prepare for enlightenment, grasshopper.

Trap Bolt Hallway: Best used on Bouncers. Line a passage with 5+ Trap Bolts and then draw Bouncer's aggro. He'll throw himself through the trap bolts to get you. If you've hurt him a bit first, the bolts should finish him off.

Electric Stunlock: Load up Electric Buck and Gel, unload all four rounds of buck into him, and then switch to the Chemical Thrower and unload the gel. I suggest you have the Shotgun Damage Increase and Chemical Thrower Fuel Efficiency upgrades, else you'll run out of gel and have to switch to AP Pistol or Machine Gun rounds.

Let's You and Him Fight: Enrage nearby splicers to whittle Big Daddy's health. Hit Big Daddy with Security Bullseye when he's near turrets or cameras or after smashing a window in Fort Frolic. Bouncers fall faster because they can't shoot back at Security Bots.

Whenever fighting Rosie, always keep Telekinesis on standby so you can throw back his proximity mines.