Infinity base wireless?

UberPirateNinja

Hi!

Just a quick question. Was thinking about picking this up for my younger son, but trying to find out if the Infinity base you place the characters on is wired or wireless. One of my biggest complaints about the Skylanders games is the portal being wired on 360, the kids and/or dog were always getting tangled in the excessively long cable, sending figures flying.

If someone could just confirm either way for me, that'd be lovely.

Cheers!

Nah, wouldn't really work for us. With Skylanders, we'd sit on the sofa several feet away from the tv. The Portal of Power on the arm of the sofa (between us), with the box of Skylanders behind the portal, so all the characters were within easy reach and we weren't too close to the tv, but leaving the cable trailing across the room obvs.

I did try putting the portal on the TV stand, but I was constantly telling the kids off for sitting too close to the TV, they'd get up to change character, and just stay in front of the TV.

Nah, wouldn't really work for us. With Skylanders, we'd sit on the sofa several feet away from the tv. The Portal of Power on the arm of the sofa (between us), with the box of Skylanders behind the portal, so all the characters were within easy reach and we weren't too close to the tv, but leaving the cable trailing across the room obvs.

I did try putting the portal on the TV stand, but I was constantly telling the kids off for sitting too close to the TV, they'd get up to change character, and just stay in front of the TV.

FWIW, you won't be changing the character much on Disney Infinity. On Skylanders you'd have to do it every time you "die" but on Disney Infinity when you "die" it just throws you into a respawn room.

So instead of swapping every 15 minutes (on the hardest difficulty! DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT![or less, if you needed a specific skylander for a specific area]) you're looking at swapping every couple of hours or every session or so.

FWIW, you won't be changing the character much on Disney Infinity. On Skylanders you'd have to do it every time you "die" but on Disney Infinity when you "die" it just throws you into a respawn room.

So instead of swapping every 15 minutes (on the hardest difficulty! DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT![or less, if you needed a specific skylander for a specific area]) you're looking at swapping every couple of hours or every session or so.

Ah, that sounds much more manageable. I swear my kids spent more time swapping Skylanders than playing the actual game!

Cheers for explaining that :)