Worth $9.99??

PRxBeasT

This is on sale through dashboard only during xmas deals and it costs 20 bucks used at gamestop so i figured it might be some fun but then i read about how expensive it could be to get all achievements and how this shouldn't be for achievement hunters since it requires all instruments to complete.

My question is.. I have a GH guitar and a def jam mic, would i be able to get at least half of the 1250gs?

With a guitar and 1 mic you would have the possibility of getting 655G without buying any DLC songs. Plus an additional 25G for playing all the free DLC songs. I can't remember how many that is, or if they count for the other DLC achievements so you may also get another 35G for playing 1 and 5 DLC songs.

So to answer your question, yes, you can get over half the 1250G with what you have.

The full 1250G requires pro drums, pro guitar and pro keys, and at least 2 mics. Plus a decent amount of DLC. Probably around $300 if you did want to go for it.

If you actually like playing RB/GH etc then it's well worth $9.99 anyway. If you just want it for achievements then only you know if $9.99 is worth it for a max of 655G. There are a few achievements that are a grind, and/or take a fair bit of skill.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not that interested in maxing it out i just wanted play something different for a change and i haven't played guitar hero in ages and while i have never played rock band before i have always wanted to try it.

As far as dlc.. How much points would i have to spend to max out those achievements? It doesn't say on the guide or at least i didn't see it.

You can get the band/song/artist specific ones buy planning it right and buying 13 songs. That would cost 1680 MS points. You'd then need 7 more songs for the 20 DLC achievement. Apparently the free DLC counts for this, and there are 7 songs that are free.

The specific songs for the first 13, if you do want to go for them, are:

Metallica Pack 01 - 440MSP (3 songs)

Foo Fighters Pack 04 - 560MSP (4 songs)

The Perfect Drug - NIN - 80MSP

Freezepop Pack 01 - 240MSP (3 songs)

Any 1 Boston song - 180MSP

Any 1 Queen song - 180MSP

The 7 free ones are:

Stephen and the Colberts - Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)

GLaDOS - Still Alive

Vesuvius - Promised Land

Miranda Cosgrove - Headphones On

Little Fish - Am I Crazy

Lights Resolve - Dreaming of Love

Various Artists - Rock Band Network Megamix 01

Well i also read about one that requires the drums and i only have mic and guitar so i guess it would have to be dlc that can be done with any instrument. Are there only 7 free songs? I saw over 6,000 in the extras so i did not want to scroll through them all. If so, damn those guys are cheap. 6,000 songs and only 7 are free? Anyways i am hoping to get at least 7 or 800 with the dlc. The only other instrument i would buy is pro guitar or keyboard...no drums for me.

Ah yeah, I forgot one of those is a drum one. But the cost is still the same because you need the Nine Inch Nails song for the Dave Grohl achievement.

Yes there are only 7 free songs. DLC is where they make their money, and I'm fine with that. Songs aren't expenive really if you are buying ones you actually want to play, I've got my moneys worth out of everything I've purchased. There are ways to get cheaper DLC. There are several retail track packs that you can pick up for cheap, they include a 1-time-use FREE export code. You can also buy Rock Band Blitz, 25 songs for 1200MSP (48MSP a song)

If you did get either pro guitar or pro keyboard you could get a fair bit more G from the main game. 90G for pro guitar and 115G for pro keyboard (assuming you were good enough to get them, I hear the lessons/trainers can be tricky)

Thanks again man. All usefull tips and yeah theres a sale so tracks mentioned at 180 are down to 160. So Majica you mean to tell me that if i buy blitz i get another 25 songs i could use with rb3? If so damn thats cool. About other peripherals, i may get the pro guitar since it seems like the funnest instrument.

Thanks again man. All usefull tips and yeah theres a sale so tracks mentioned at 180 are down to 160. So Majica you mean to tell me that if i buy blitz i get another 25 songs i could use with rb3? If so damn thats cool. About other peripherals, i may get the pro guitar since it seems like the funnest instrument.

Yes, if you buy Rock Band Blitz you can then play those 25 songs in Rock Band 3. I think you just have to start RBB and there will be on option to export or d/l the songs.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a couple weeks old, but it bothered me the first time I read it. Songs have never been 180 points. All the pre RB3 songs were 160 points, now half price, so 80 points each.

If you have the instruments, then yeah it is worth it if you like this sort of game.. I have almost 400 days played, I paid $20 a year or 2 after release., and bought it again for the $9.99 so I don't have to swap disks.

Edited by Fullbrook