V.I.P Question.

Hey, I bought a used copy of the game and although the VIP card was still inside, the complete nob who had it before me used to the code before he traded. I've not done much research about what the VIP pack gives you but where better to find out than from the good people of this forum.

1200pts seems steep for something that came free with a brand new game, right? Is it worth it? If I bought it, it would only take my total cost spent including the saving I made buying the game second hand back up to its original retail value anyway - but is it worth it?

What do you get, how many, ect, the usual questions.

How dare he use a content code inside a game he bought brand new.

That was so helpful, it's almost inspiring. I bet that comment made you feel giddy, like a ickle girl.

Aw, bless.

Not that I need to explain myself and it's just my opinion and maybe only my opinion, but why use a code for a game you don't even know if you like yet? I normally play the game and decide before I use a code. Although I think it would be courteous for the guy who owned it before me to at least remove the code from the box before selling it on. At least that way it wouldn't give the impression to whoever purchased it that it may actually work when of course, it doesn't. Wow, thats a new fangled idea isn't it.. Courtesy.

Thanks for your help though, I'm not sure where I'd be without you cept perhaps, back at asking the same question. I'm just glad you're on this forum, helping us.

That was so helpful, it's almost inspiring. I bet that comment made you feel giddy, like a ickle girl.

Aw, bless.

Not that I need to explain myself and it's just my opinion and maybe only my opinion, but why use a code for a game you don't even know if you like yet? I normally play the game and decide before I use a code. Although I think it would be courteous for the guy who owned it before me to at least remove the code from the box before selling it on. At least that way it wouldn't give the impression to whoever purchased it that it may actually work when of course, it doesn't. Wow, thats a new fangled idea isn't it.. Courtesy.

Thanks for your help though, I'm not sure where I'd be without you cept perhaps, back at asking the same question. I'm just glad you're on this forum, helping us.

Stop being a whiney dick. Its worth it if you really enjoy the game and are willing to buy VIP.

Perhaps if you referred to what the question originally asked, you'd see I wasn't whining, but enquiring.

Again, you're helpful too. Perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick thinking people around here were actually nice and helpful, it appears you're both a pair of cunts. Whey-to-go.

How dare he use a content code inside a game he bought brand new.

pmsl. whats the world coming too when you use a code for a game you paid for ??

Aw, bless.

i think thats the most sarcasm ive ever seen in a reply

Perhaps if you referred to what the question originally asked, you'd see I wasn't whining, but enquiring.

Again, you're helpful too. Perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick thinking people around here were actually nice and helpful, it appears you're both a pair of cunts. Whey-to-go.

Naw, you weren't whining when you referred to the seller as a complete nob for using a code that came with the new game he bought.

Glad to be of help. By the way, I love the irony of your sig.

Edited by The Carrot Cake Kid

I think it stands that when you purchase a game new you can do what you will with the code with no thought of the guy buying it used. In a perfect world, yes, he would have tried out the game without using the VIP code - then sold the code for 10 bucks to some guy on craigslist, ebay or a friend that bought it used himself.

The VIP code is a major selling point.

So if the sum of the used game plus purchasing a VIP is less than full retail, go for it. But it is most likely not so. You yourself stated you didn't do very much research... so I don't see the point in getting mad at the other folks on the forum for them pointing out the obvious.

But to answer your question:

There are 2 map packs available, with one coming without an ETA. Plus whatever they decide to release. Seriously, the VIP code is worth it. That being said, next time do the research. Live and learn, right?

Good luck!

Hey, I bought a used copy of the game and although the VIP card was still inside, the complete nob who had it before me used to the code before he traded. I've not done much research about what the VIP pack gives you but where better to find out than from the good people of this forum.

1200pts seems steep for something that came free with a brand new game, right? Is it worth it? If I bought it, it would only take my total cost spent including the saving I made buying the game second hand back up to its original retail value anyway - but is it worth it?

What do you get, how many, ect, the usual questions.

Currently, you get 2 brand new maps - Nelson Bay Rush and Laguna Alta Conquest - that were released on the day of release, and also two altered versions of other maps - Laguna Presa Rush and Arica Harbour Conquest.

A third "map pack" is due soon, with altered versions of the first map pack - Nelson Bay Squad Deathmatch and Laguna Alta Squad Rush.

I'd say the original map pack is pretty good, but not really worth 1200 - all you're really getting are 2 new maps, and soon to be 4 altered versions. I have a feeling after the third pack, there may be a "break" until some paid DLC comes out - brand new maps/locations. Just my "gut" feeling though.

Currently, you get 2 brand new maps - Nelson Bay Rush and Laguna Alta Conquest - that were released on the day of release, and also two altered versions of other maps - Laguna Presa Rush and Arica Harbour Conquest.

A third "map pack" is due soon, with altered versions of the first map pack - Nelson Bay Squad Deathmatch and Laguna Alta Squad Rush.

I'd say the original map pack is pretty good, but not really worth 1200 - all you're really getting are 2 new maps, and soon to be 4 altered versions. I have a feeling after the third pack, there may be a "break" until some paid DLC comes out - brand new maps/locations. Just my "gut" feeling though.

This is pretty much the best answer you're gunna get on these forums. So....:locked

I think it stands that when you purchase a game new you can do what you will with the code with no thought of the guy buying it used. In a perfect world, yes, he would have tried out the game without using the VIP code - then sold the code for 10 bucks to some guy on craigslist, ebay or a friend that bought it used himself.

Again, it wasn't just the fact he used the code, but the fact he left it in the case so I thought it was a bigger bargain than it was.

Oh and Carrot, you like the irony of my sig, do you? Awesome, because I implore you to find the part in which I said you COULDN'T be a cunt :).. ah yeah, you won't. You're free to be the angry ginger kid all you want mate. Have at it.

Thanks Pete for the decent reply, you're about the only one who actually intended on answering the question. Cheers mate it's appreciated.

(Edit: I think based on what you said Pete, I'm going to skip it, thanks again)