Official Daily/Weekly Challenges Thread

SuperSkyline89

Seriously why should some of the Challenges weekly or daily not be catered to the hardcore players?

I'm not sure we're even talking about hardcore vs. non-hardcore players, I think we're talking about employed vs. unemployed or still in school players.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I agree with this but I'm sure people out there want a challenge, or shall I say a tougher challenge. I'd like to see more than 1 weekly challenge added.

Well, to satisfy those who want harder challenges for more cR, and those who love the easy challenges (like me), I'd suggest 2 or 3 weekly challenges. Easy, Medium, and Hard as Hell. Load up the cR amounts accordingly. That way everyone can be happy. Those who play 24/7 and are really good can be awarded with the harder challenges and more cR while those who only play about 1~2 hours a day can at least try for the easy or medium ones. Also gives you a selection.

I'm not sure we're even talking about hardcore vs. non-hardcore players, I think we're talking about employed vs. unemployed or still in school players.

LOL! I hear you on that!

How about married + full time employment + 4 kids!!! Football, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Ballet, Gymnastics, Cross Country, HOMEWORK, dinner, driving all over town and back. Get kids in bed, then get the freakin' old lady in bed so I can get my daily fix of Reach. After all that, hell yes, I savor the easy 1,500 cR I get for the 150 kills in 15 mins. Oh, and throw in my complaint of hard to connect servers / games that frustrate even trying to get in a game to work towards any type of challenge. Oh, and I'm uncoordinated and can't shoot :uzi: worth a damn unless it is the rocket launcher..... if I don't kill myself with it first. :)

What are they waiting for to release decent weekly challenges such as:

KILL 1,000 ENEMIES IN MULTIPLAYER MATCHMAKING (WORTH 8,000 cR)

WIN 200 MULTIPLAYER MATCHES (WORTH 6,000 cR)

FINISH 50 MULTIPLAYER MATCHES WITH THE MOST KILLS IN THE ROOM (WORTH 5,000 cR)

KILL 30 ENEMY VEHICLES IN FIREFIGHT MATCHMAKING (WORTH 4,500 cR)

Anybody with me on this?? Weekly chllgs should take MORE THAN 1 OR 2 DAYS TO COMPLETE, and should pay a hell of a lot more than crappy 2k cR.

I see some of you widely disagree with my thoughts.

But, if you are a little bit open minded, this is how it goes:

• you want easy credits? play firefight.
  • you consider you don't have what it takes for multiplayer? play firefight
  • you don't have much time to play but still want to rank up? 5 or 6 firefight games a day can earn you from 4,000 to 7,000 cR IN JUST ONE HOUR.

Firefight will still earn you lots of cR, with lot's of commendations, and you don't even have to be good at it. Just pick sniper fight, die as many times as you want, and you'll still get what you want.

If you, however, got 3 hours a day to play (I do) and enjoy the arena (sure do), will be just happy to have a goddamn decent weekly challenge. Not that I can be sure that I will accomplish those every week, but I will just know that the 7,000 cR I want a weekly challenge to pay, will be earned only just by those who deserve it, I mean it's not just about EVERYBODY GETTING EVERY CHALLENGE EVERY DAY AND WEEK.

It's about prestige. When in the pre-match lobby, people will see you have completed the weekly challenge and say OH THIS GUY HAS THE WEEKLY CHALLENGE, HE'S GOTTA BE GOOD.

It's also about skill. And I can confirm without any doubts that you don't have to be a HALO GOD to earn all of the above mentioned. You just have to know your way through the different game types and maps. Experience you may also call it, or hability- but not HALO GOD.

And finally, I work from 40 to 54 hours a week, I got my girl and I live by myself-.... so suck it =)

Edited by tuaya

its actual matchmaking so u need to playto te point where u have no life for it

Not true at all, you just need skill. None of the challenges have taken more than 5 games in a day to complete.

I'm employed, go to college full time, and have a life outside of Halo, like others even the guy with 4 kids and a hefty schedule said he puts time away for Halo. So its not a question of unemployed or employed its a dedication issue and you just don't want anything that will actually challenge you.

Well, to satisfy those who want harder challenges for more cR, and those who love the easy challenges (like me), I'd suggest 2 or 3 weekly challenges. Easy, Medium, and Hard as Hell. Load up the cR amounts accordingly. That way everyone can be happy. Those who play 24/7 and are really good can be awarded with the harder challenges and more cR while those who only play about 1~2 hours a day can at least try for the easy or medium ones. Also gives you a selection.

See at least he see's where some of the players who want a harder challenge are coming from. Not asking for much just for people to understand that maybe some of the community wants to be challenged a bit harder.

Also I have said they need to add a Bungie Challenge which is another weekly which is geared toward the mass that want something a little more challenging.

LOL! I hear you on that!

How about married + full time employment + 4 kids!!! Football, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Ballet, Gymnastics, Cross Country, HOMEWORK, dinner, driving all over town and back. Get kids in bed, then get the freakin' old lady in bed so I can get my daily fix of Reach. After all that, hell yes, I savor the easy 1,500 cR I get for the 150 kills in 15 mins. Oh, and throw in my complaint of hard to connect servers / games that frustrate even trying to get in a game to work towards any type of challenge. Oh, and I'm uncoordinated and can't shoot :uzi: worth a damn unless it is the rocket launcher..... if I don't kill myself with it first. :)

So how is it my problem that you have 4 kids and have to support them, or that anyone else's problem that for that matter. You have kids hey its cool if you want to play. God knows when or if I want to have kids some day I will still want to game too. But hey your probably not going for every challenge.

I'm not saying throw away all the easy challenges keep em just add a few harder ones, for the people who want that kind of challenge.

Great Idea! I've even thought of names for these challenges!

"The 30-Year-Old Unemployed Male Living in Parent's Basement"

Kill 1000 enemies in MM.

"A Sad Life"

Win 200 MM.

"Needs a Girlfriend"

Finish 50 MM matches With Most Kills in Room.

Hmm, the last one is actually quite doable.

Sorry, I'm really not trying to be smartass but I really couldn't help myself on this. Forgive me. I think they could add some additional tougher weeklys (whether they're grinders or single game ones) but the reality is the vast majority of people can only put in on average an hour or so a day playing video games, and Bungie can't afford to alienate the masses who pay their salaries.

How are you not trying to be a smart ass, and sound like a dick?

Seriously all of those are not really that hard except for maybe your "Needs a Girlfriend" Challenge.

But then again maybe you need a new Girlfriend who likes to play Halo, how about that.

As to alienating people, my friend doesn't play that much maybe a like 2-5 hours a week, and that's a maybe. But I seriously doubt he would care if they implemented some harder weekly challenges, or even and extra weekly Challenge that was Harder for what the masses could do.

At least it could make you get better at Halo, but isn't that a weird concept having to actually try for something.:confused:

I was just playing for fun in Multiteam and got stuck on Elite Slayer on Atom. I wanted to play headhunter but was out voted. My partner quit early but I ended up getting 5 double kills and a total of 35 kills that match cleaning up two challenges. That was a nice surprise.

Those trying for the 30 kills may try starting a game with a guest controller signed in and having that player leave the game when the match starts. I'm not sure if a split-screen player can quit alone however, so this may not work. Possibly that player can be booted for betraying?

Edited by Seasick Pirate

I would also like to see more variety in the dailies (I know I'm not alone here,) and more challenges that think outside-the-box.

Examples:

Finish in the Top 3 of a Rumble Pit Game only using small weapons.

Be the Last Man Standing in an Infection Game without ever using the Shotgun.

Get a Plasma Grenade stick from at least 20 feet away.

You might not like these, but you probably get my drift.

Cheers.

I get your drift but think of it from Bungie's perspective. If they set that challenge, a hell of a lot of people are going to try for it, which by and large makes the games either stupid or frustrating.

With the jetpack one, absolutely everyone was flying around all over the place. Only using small weapons would mean EVERYONE would do it, therefore not making it a challenge so much because it's the norm. The plasma grenade one would see everyone voting for Elite Slayer and just launching stickies from ages away!

I'm with you on the variety, but it has to make sense. That's probably why we get "400 kills in MM" - it's something to aim for and lets people do it their own way!

Guys, I have read all this discussion and let me tell you, this shouldn't really be the place, and it's a discussion nobody will win or be right about. Some are good, some are bad, some are so-so like me, so like easy CR's, some like Ninja Gaiden challenges. I think the balance is pretty good, but the amount of CR's isn't since, you need like 20 000 000 to reach Inheritor rank.

So, to get back on topic, I'm not really good, not good enough to get 30 kills per match, not even 15 or 20 unless I'm stupidly lucky.

Would it be possible to do Rumble Pit with 1 friend and 6 controllers, line everybody up in the middle of the map and kill everyone ? Would it count as kills ?

I ended up getting Like Mike and the 4 double kills in a single game on multi team. It was on the Cage for elite slayer. My team mate didn't even play so that left all the kills to me.. I got lucky on that part but what I did earn fair and square was the 4 doubles.. it was pretty easy on that map

I have found that Multi Team is the way to go for Like Mike. Did it in an Elite Slayer game. Hope this helps ;)

Double that.

The needler and sticky grenades means you should get a few kills on each life. With multi-team and loads of people in loads of directions, it shouldn't be hard.

Keep playing till you get a small map and always throw a sticky just before you die, it'll likely hit something on a small map, and you'll be constantly picking them up!

I await tomorrow's challenges. Got a feeling they will all be in Firefight!

Guys, I have read all this discussion and let me tell you, this shouldn't really be the place, and it's a discussion nobody will win or be right about. Some are good, some are bad, some are so-so like me, so like easy CR's, some like Ninja Gaiden challenges. I think the balance is pretty good, but the amount of CR's isn't since, you need like 20 000 000 to reach Inheritor rank.

So, to get back on topic, I'm not really good, not good enough to get 30 kills per match, not even 15 or 20 unless I'm stupidly lucky.

Would it be possible to do Rumble Pit with 1 friend and 6 controllers, line everybody up in the middle of the map and kill everyone ? Would it count as kills ?

(hope u remember me from previous posts)

bout what you said, and just for the record, OMG what a great game NINJA GAIDEN 2 is!!

I am proud to have 1,000 on that game. So now THAT'S the kind of challenges I enjoy. The hard ones =D !!!

I second the idea of going for the 4 double kills in Team Swat..

The first game of it I played I had 5 doubles and a triplle kill. only went 19/11... so it wasn't too bad..

Hopefully more these keep showing up..

as for the 30 kills in a match, I played rumble pit and got Oddball on Powerhouse, 30 kills just before time ran out. super lucky

I second the idea of going for the 4 double kills in Team Swat..

The first game of it I played I had 5 doubles and a triplle kill. only went 19/11... so it wasn't too bad..

Hopefully more these keep showing up..

as for the 30 kills in a match, I played rumble pit and got Oddball on Powerhouse, 30 kills just before time ran out. super lucky

I got it my first game in team swat!

(hope u remember me from previous posts)

bout what you said, and just for the record, OMG what a great game NINJA GAIDEN 2 is!!

I am proud to have 1,000 on that game. So now THAT'S the kind of challenges I enjoy. The hard ones =D !!!

Of course I remember you. If you have 1K on NG, you're a god. By the way send me a friend request :)

I've got my double kills at Invasion and don't know why but in that same match i got all 30 kills the carnage report says so and i say so but at the end the challenge was at 28 for some reason and because there were some guys of the enemy team that left we had our objective really fast or else i could have gotten 32 kills and i got the weekly challenge but i don't understand why I needed 32 kills in that game

Today's Dailys - Total 4300cR

A Great Friend - 2000cR

Earn 30 assists today in multiplayer matchmaking.

Fire When Ready - 300cR

Kill 30 enemies in multiplayer matchmaking.

There Are Many Like It... - 500cR

Kill 50 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today

Be Their Huckleberry - 1500cR

Kill 100 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol

Didn't post yesterdays as was ill.

So, more assisting in multiplayer, anyone worked out THE best speed method on this yet?

Precision kills in Campaign, no... not Nightfall again!

Hmm, last one can easily do in GP?

Edited by AceMcCloud