Opinions about GOW Judgment

chacuacosg

It's a milk, like halo is.

Although I am picking it up along side the walking dead survival instinct, Its still a gears of war game..

Most people are "boycotting" the game because marcus isn't in it... So? The whole war isn't about him..

Yeah, that's a dumb reason to "boycott" it, especially when there are better reasons. No horde mode, insanely small number of maps, main campaign and mini-campaign that should have just been DLC for Gears 3... In fact I think I might start calling this game Gears ODST.

in my opinion the whole game is shit. multiplayer campaign overrn. Them taking out horde. I don't know wtf ign was thinking giving it 9.2 when everyone else gave it a 7.0 or a 7.5 which I think is even generous and xbox splatters ign on there dasboard instead of everyone else that all had 7sI don't even want to support epic or Microsoft anymore they got way too greedy im now gonna be switching the PlayStation for better exclusives. I guess the only game series I'll miss is left for dead. I can't believe people are giving them more money for double xp. That's like saying thanks for ripping me off for this crap game,here's some more money for double xp to play this crap game. Went a little overboard but I really am sick of game companies and Microsoft trying to charge you for stuff that use to already be in games.

in my opinion the whole game is shit. multiplayer campaign overrn. Them taking out horde. I don't know wtf ign was thinking giving it 9.2 when everyone else gave it a 7.0 or a 7.5 which I think is even generous and xbox splatters ign on there dasboard instead of everyone else that all had 7sI don't even want to support epic or Microsoft anymore they got way too greedy im now gonna be switching the PlayStation for better exclusives. I guess the only game series I'll miss is left for dead. I can't believe people are giving them more money for double xp. That's like saying thanks for ripping me off for this crap game,here's some more money for double xp to play this crap game. Went a little overboard but I really am sick of game companies and Microsoft trying to charge you for stuff that use to already be in games.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/9c4/433/c4c/resized/spiderman-meme-generator-bye-bye-nice-knowing-you-f0d3e1.jpg

In fact I think I might start calling this game Gears ODST.

That's a good comparision.

The campaign doesn't even feel like a campaign, I don't know why this game is getting amazing reviews. Just when you get into it, it's time to press up on the d-pad and go into the next area/arena. They removed the classic Gears story-telling and made a super-stripped down arcade mode. The horde-esque countdown clocks between waves make it feel more like a sport too. I would have rather them do a full on Emergence Day prequel than this.

Edited by WalterWhite

Perhaps I should give you a rundown on the cons of gaming on the PS3. Yeah some of the PS3 exclusives are nice I agree but not crap like Killzone, Resistance and LBP.

I would normally give you a run down of EVERYTHING I'm talking about here but I don't want to partake in fanboy nonsense when I could still go either way next gen. To sum it all up, I get a better experience overall on 360.. with everything.

Send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to explain these CONS to you.

I'm enjoying it a lot! It certainly feels different to other gears games, although I don't really know why. I think you have to approach this game with an open mind, and accept the changes that have been made. I like the campaign and the declassified twist. No horde is a tad disappointing, but I can always revisit 2 or 3 for that. Multiplayer is ok, not sure about ffa tho, especially as gears has always beden about team work. I'm sure there will be more maps in dlc, but I'm not getting the season pass yet until I see what's going to be on offer. Was pretty disappointed with 3's dlc. So, overall ok. HOWEVER, I only got it yesterday and am only a few hours in. I'm not too sure about the replay value. Hopefully it'll last tho!

It feels like gears 3.5, just a really big DLC, still prefer the campaign from gears 2, and the multiplayer from gears 3. I would much rather epic/people can fly made more DLC for gears 3 and expanded upon the the under utilised beast mode and the amazing horde mode. Overrun feels messy.

I own both a Xbox and PS3 and gears 3 was the only game I've bought a season pass for and I can honestly say it was money well spent.

The declassified missions are a really way to mask the fact this is not a gears game, more like a bulletstorm 2

Im enjoying thos gears but not half of much as others. The declassified missions were interesting but i don't like the fact you have one on every little section of the game. It's like start declassified missions, walk to a door finish declassified missions, i could say the same with the horde like sections, not saying it's not a good addition they just seem to come up far to often in my opinion.

Overrun and survival i absolutely love, well if you grt a decent team! I just wish they would have kept horde, i loved that!

Ok, so I just finished the campaign and it seemed like just a wash, very anti-climatic. They tease Karn, barely introduce him, then you know, the ending. While looking at the stats page I thought Aftermath was apart of it and expected another act so when it ended I was like, "well ok, that's done.". After playing the first initial hour I was upset with the changes, two guns only, the Y button and the grenades situation. Tell me how you always have a pistol holster but you can only carry two weapons that can both be placed on your back with no way of carrying a pistol also? They tried turning it into a typical military shooter where as I thought Gears was trying to be different. I bought the game and instantly thought I had made a mistake. In the end there didn't seem to be a point, it was as if they wanted to force you to play horde during the campaign, scoring chapters breaks the fluidity of an actual story of which there wasn't much. Sure, I didn't have to do the declassified missions but shit after I did one, I sort of had to do the rest. I honestly should have known or done my research before the purchase but it's Gears and I felt as a fan I was obligated to not only buy it but finish it even though I didn't care for it from the jump.