Best Circle of Duty tip ever is...

Let hem/her die a lot while you kill everything.

You're forgetting that if someone dies, everyone has to start over. "Dying a lot" isn't an option if you actually want to finish it.

We had a level 57 join us, but we just told him to stay inside the glitched wall (right side behind the chain link fence, front wall). Since he was a soldier, whenever we needed help we ran back and told him to shoot us with his healing bullets and toss out a turret once in a while. :D

Edited by Firvagor

The really best Tip for Circle of Duty (or all missions) is to do it in playthrough one.

With Level 50+ you actually just rush through this (even when playing solo).

Some people may say that this is lame but come on, why do you want to make your life harder than it has to ?

Edited by SirLugash

You're forgetting that if someone dies, everyone has to start over. "Dying a lot" isn't an option if you actually want to finish it.

We had a level 57 join us, but we just told him to stay inside the glitched wall (right side behind the chain link fence, front wall). Since he was a soldier, whenever we needed help we ran back and told him to shoot us with his healing bullets and toss out a turret once in a while. :D

You think that's bad, I had a 48 and and 51 join my game the other night. I had to cover both their asses and my own lol.

The really best Tip for Circle of Duty (or all missions) is to do it in playthrough one.

With Level 50+ you actually just rush through this (even when playing solo).

Some people may say that this is lame but come on, why do you want to make your life harder than it has to ?

yeah but you'd have to do the whole playthrough to get COMPLETIONIST achievement no?

on p2, you level up faster too

Seeing as I just finished doing it solo two days ago (albeit after multiple attempts at the last two), I can say that the strategy that worked for me was to run through the start area and make a beeline for one of the staircases that puts you on the second floor all the way in the back of the arena. Also, having both a high elemental fire and/or caustic weapon helps immensely, especially with the Lancer and the jetpack enemies (even more so with the Badass jetpack guys, since I've only ever seen them with launchers).

Take care of the first wave of enemies from up there until the next wave spawns, and keep moving back and forth around that top area, slowly picking them off. If you hear the sounds of jetpacks, switch to a fire or caustic weapon and track them as quickly as you can. Don't go for killing them one at a time, just hit them until the elemental effect takes hold, then fire at another one; you'll kill them more efficiently this way. As for when the Lancer appears (one in the Seargant rank, two in the last round), my recommendation is to stay up top where you are, crouch near one of the staircases, and use your radar/compass to ready yourself for when the vehicle passes you by. Caustic and fire DOT (damage over time for people who don't know) kills the vehicle slowly, but keeps you safe from the cannon, which from my experience either results in a one-hit kill or puts me into extreme critical health.

If enemies try to rush you while you're taking on the vehicle (which is usually only one enemy at a time), wait until the Lancer passes you and use that time while he doesn't have sight of you to tick an element on the enemy, or kill him if you can do it quickly enough. Transfusion grenades can be really helpful, and you probably should have gotten at least one drop of them in the first 3 rounds.

Another tip I have is to buy around 10+ super healing kits, just in case you need them; also, if you have a lot of them, you can use them more liberally, using them when you get down to 75% health instead of say 25%. Also, if you need a place to hide if the heat gets too much up where you are, the back right area (past the chain-link fence wall), there's a small alcove that you can get to and be safe from most enemies. If that description wasn't helpful enough, it's just behind the right-most set of stairs (if you're looking at the arena from the entrance) that leads to the upper levels in the back, the two L-shaped metal structures provide excellent cover to recharge shields.

Seeing as the last enemy waves have the royal guards, I usually get down off of that upper perch when I have a few enemies left in the last couple waves, since the royal guards almost always spawn in the back area. Once I'm done with the second-to-last wave, I rush to one of the staircases on either side of the entrance, and snipe the royal guards from a distance; with 50 proficiency and a ~850 dmg sniper (no element), it takes around 13-16 headshots to down them. Another good place to hole up for the last wave is in the area all the way left from the entrance, hiding behind the raised platform where enemies spawned from in earlier rounds. Be advised though that the enemies will make their way over to you if you give them the time, so have your high element caustic/fire weapon on standby for a quick kill/second wind. A good combustion hellfire SMG was my trusty sidearm every time, and a volcano sniper makes the royal guards fall nicely too.

It may take some time before you figure out what strategy suits you best, but I see the circle of duty as just like MW2's Delta/Echo level spec ops missions (wonder if it's a coincidence then that Circle of Duty and Call of Duty both have the acronym CoD?); it seems that every time you fail, you learn a little more about how to complete it.

I apologize for the long post, and I realize that some of this info has already been said, but I think that putting the whole thing down could help others better than typing it piecemeal. Good luck to everyone who has yet to complete it, and once spring break is over and I have a reliable internet connection for my 360, I'll be glad to see if I can help some people out with this.

Seeing as I just finished doing it solo two days ago (albeit after multiple attempts at the last two), I can say that the strategy that worked for me was to run through the start area and make a beeline for one of the staircases that puts you on the second floor all the way in the back of the arena.

Me and Seoul x360a we did it all in that exact same spot!

works great

Very poor attempt at a joke. If only it were that easy, then there wouldn't be so many threads asking for help. Also, I doubt that you've gone through an entire run of circle of duty solo without dying, and in the unlikely event that you have, you probably couldn't do it with much repeatability.

<sarcasm>Unless you happen to be an absolute god at this game</sarcasm>

i admit the circle of duty isnt easy but when i went through it with two friends we only died once on the last level when one of us got splattered by a lancer.

also balmung i never claimed that i soloed the circle of duty without dieing.

also balmung i never claimed that i soloed the circle of duty without dieing.

True; I'm not claiming that you said you did, it's just that your post was kind of unnecessary and didn't contribute anything to the discussion, which is one of the things that, to quote Family Guy, really grinds my gears (though admittedly I sometimes do myself; none of us are perfect), so I felt like inserting that little jab at you for being inconsiderate. I apologize if I offended you, but please understand that most of the people looking in this thread are either here to find tips for the mission, or to submit their own to help the first group, and a tip like yours, although quite pivotal to completing the mission, isn't really what people want to read.

Sorry if I seem like I'm ranting again, it's just that all too often I see the growing population of people who use internet anonymity as an opportunity to be rude (and some can be complete douchebags, as we probably have all dealt with one at some point). Although I try to maintain a certain level of politeness and maturity, sometimes I can get a 'teensy' bit upset and slip a little bit toward that which I hate, and for that I apologize. (This is the end of the post, I swear :p)

Very poor attempt at a joke. If only it were that easy, then there wouldn't be so many threads asking for help. Also, I doubt that you've gone through an entire run of circle of duty solo without dying, and in the unlikely event that you have, you probably couldn't do it with much repeatability.

<sarcasm>Unless you happen to be an absolute god at this game</sarcasm>

It is not that hard I did it without dying (I am not counting in the 3rd round when the lancer caught me off guard) you just need a good fire and corrosive gun (the second gun for the people immune to the first one)

you just need a good fire and corrosive gun (the second gun for the people immune to the first one)

bingo, until you run out of ammo!

then you need 2 more with different bullets

i used:

corrosive assault rifle

fire smg

fire pistol

corrosive/shock repeater

As far as running out of ammo, if you can afford the time to get the element damage to start ticking on them and then retreat until it stops, you'll save tons of ammo in the long run; that, and usually when there are like 1-3 enemies left in the wave I'm on I sometimes run around looking for ammo drops. In the later levels though, once I had learned to be a bit more liberal with my trigger finger, I usually didn't need to pick up any ammo and only used my combustion hellfire SMG (1440 total rounds, 55/magazine) and a shitty old caustic repeater just b/c it was caustic (800 total rounds, 46/magazine).

Also, I got at least 3 "equalizer" revolvers (w/ +20 ammo regen) through the course of my circle of duty run, so you could always equip that and run with it for however long you need.

Edited by Balmung03

bingo, until you run out of ammo!

then you need 2 more with different bullets

i used:

corrosive assault rifle

fire smg

fire pistol

corrosive/shock repeater

I am a soldier so I don't need to worry about ammo, I just switch to my support gunner :D

The weapons I used were my Maliwan Crux and my Hellfire :D