Xbox One Will Support 8 Person Party Chat at Launch

iBuzz7S

Time for an update on that FAQ.

Yesterday, we reported that the PlayStation 4 will support party chat for up to eight users. This prompted us to ask Microsoft about the Xbox One's group feature to find out what users can expect.

“At launch, up to eight people will be able to join a Party Chat at a time on Xbox One," a Microsoft spokesperson told Game Informer. This mirrors what is possible on the Xbox 360 right now.

Would of hoped that it could support at least 12 from day one, or even more. If the friends list has been changed from 100 to whatever it will be, why couldn't they switch party chat numbers?

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/24/xbox-one-will-support-eight-for-party-chat-at-launch.aspx?utm_content=buffer60c28&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Time for an update on that FAQ.

Would of hoped that it could support at least 12 from day one, or even more. If the friends list has been changed from 100 to whatever it will be, why couldn't they switch party chat numbers?

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/24/xbox-one-will-support-eight-for-party-chat-at-launch.aspx?utm_content=buffer60c28&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Can't you just use skype while on Xbox One now? Instead of bothering with party chat I mean if you really want/need to chat with more than 8 people at once?

Honestly 8 is the perfect go-to mark for Microsoft to post Party Chat at. Anybody of any level of sanity wants it at brought down to 5 or 6, but logic says they don't want to downgrade from the 360 and they don't want to be shown up by Sony, who FINALLY caught on with the whole party chat concept 7 years later. But honestly, why would you WANT more than 8 people in a party chat? Have you ever had 8 people talking at once in a party? It's fucking HORRIBLE! My ears started bleeding once (no exaggeration). If I had it my way, 5-6 people tops or at the very least the ability to set party-size limits so people can come and go as they choose without my needing to invite them, but keeps things from becoming overwhelming.

Honestly 8 is the perfect go-to mark for Microsoft to post Party Chat at. Anybody of any level of sanity wants it at brought down to 5 or 6, but logic says they don't want to downgrade from the 360 and they don't want to be shown up by Sony, who FINALLY caught on with the whole party chat concept 7 years later. But honestly, why would you WANT more than 8 people in a party chat? Have you ever had 8 people talking at once in a party? It's fucking HORRIBLE! My ears started bleeding once (no exaggeration). If I had it my way, 5-6 people tops or at the very least the ability to set party-size limits so people can come and go as they choose without my needing to invite them, but keeps things from becoming overwhelming.

This is true. I often had to go into private chats with people in 8 person parties just to know what the fuck they were saying. As much as you may need your whole team in a single party sometimes, it just gets way too hectic with way too many people talking over each other. It's not a great experience most of the time, which just leads to a lot of people just not talking and defeating the whole point.

My friends and I were talking about this earlier today.

Most of us initially thought it was cool that early reports said the XBL Party Chat limit was 32 (mostly because it meant you could have a full team in party chat in BF4).

But after several months of thought, we've all come to the conclusion that more than 8 people in party chat is just too much. Already, most of us, when we join a friend's party and find it's got 6+ people already and half of them we don't know ... we simply just back out. Anyone that's been in a party where three different discussions are going on between 8 people know that it's just a cacophony of noise.

(I love that word -- cacophony :D)

I don't see the point in having more than 8 people in a party chat. Its rare that its ever been needed (Halo 4 and Red Dead boosting).

8 is too many unless everyone is playing the same game, and even then 8 is usually a team member maximum.

Agreed. I like the idea that we may be getting parties that allow for more than 8 people for boosting purposes, but outside of that I don't really see myself joining parties that have 10+ people in it for the same reasons yourself and many others here have stated. It just gets way too cluttered and everyone is either interrupting each other or you get that one loud obnoxious jackass who tries to dominate the conversation the entire time. No thanks.

8 person party is perfectly fine when you're all playing together, but I agree that it's too much otherwise.

Also, I'm glad they're not increasing the cap. There is absolutely no reason to do so until they've sorted their random party collapses that happen when there are 5+ people in the party.

Also, I'm glad they're not increasing the cap. There is absolutely no reason to do so until they've sorted their random party collapses that happen when there are 5+ people in the party.

Yeah I hope random party crashes is something that doesn't happen in the next gen. It's been an annoying issue on the 360 for years now, and I'm surprised they never really bothered to fix that issue ever since people were reporting that issue whenever the party gets too big, or whenever someone (who may not even be the host) just lags out and causes the whole party to collapse for some reason.

personally i would of liked 10 people cause 8 player cap caused annoyances when doing gears of war private matches or private matches on other games like jus messing around on bf3.

i agree tho when theres too many in a party playing different games talking differently it gets confusing and thats when i start splitting parties up. so i would only have more than 8 when playing the same game its fine then

Can't you just use skype while on Xbox One now? Instead of bothering with party chat I mean if you really want/need to chat with more than 8 people at once?

iv never used kype before but wouldnt that end up causing some kind of lag if your internet isnt that great?

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

personally i would of liked 10 people cause 8 player cap caused annoyances when doing gears of war private matches or private matches on other games like jus messing around on bf3.

i agree tho when theres too many in a party playing different games talking differently it gets confusing and thats when i start splitting parties up. so i would only have more than 8 when playing the same game its fine then

12 would be just about perfect IMO.

Most games are 6v6, so for boosting team reasons, I can see why that would be nice.

But having 10 would be great for when a LOT of friends get together to play BF4. I know there will be times when I have at least 9 friends all playing in the same game and we'll have two full squads between us. Being in the same party would be nice too.

12 would be just about perfect IMO.

Most games are 6v6, so for boosting team reasons, I can see why that would be nice.

But having 10 would be great for when a LOT of friends get together to play BF4. I know there will be times when I have at least 9 friends all playing in the same game and we'll have two full squads between us. Being in the same party would be nice too.

yh man it would be great cos there a lot of people that at somepoint have more than 8 people in the game and you cant really all speak o been able to speak with all your friends would be better, battlefield eod bot wars ftw haha

i like darkreigns eye deer tho adjutable party sizes would be useful

12 would have been great if only for the reason to have your entire team in a multiplayer game in one chat. And easily invite them all. I usually stick to 5> in a party but it does suck especially for boosting when you have to juggle 9 or 10 people in an 8 person party chat.

how is this even news, its the same as it is now :confused:

But honestly, why would you WANT more than 8 people in a party chat? Have you ever had 8 people talking at once in a party? It's fucking HORRIBLE! My ears started bleeding once (no exaggeration). If I had it my way, 5-6 people tops or at the very least the ability to set party-size limits so people can come and go as they choose without my needing to invite them, but keeps things from becoming overwhelming.

couldnt agree more. parties with 8 people in are stupid, cant make anything out. then everyone shouts over each other and it just... hurts. fortunatley in most boosting sessions i've been in with 8 people, at least half of them never talk so that makes it more bareable

if its any more than 8 then there really is no point in having the party, might as well put a tin bucket over your head and bash it... same effect