Achievement Guide

Mr Arrow

I found out what was wrong. The challenge is actually to catch 35 pounds of fish in 25 minutes, but you can't find any striped bass at the starting location, you have to go to a different hot spot to find them. Don't use your attract, otherwise you'll get Largemouth bass rather than the striped bass that will bite without an attract. :drunk

Edit: For some reason when I replayed Lake Wylie for the 4th time, the event objective changed to "Catch 3 Striped Bass in 15 minutes." -shrug- Oh well, at least I know you can find them in this lake regardless of what the objective is. lol.

Edited by ThirdeYe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out what was wrong. The challenge is actually to catch 35 pounds of fish in 25 minutes, but you can't find any striped bass at the starting location, you have to go to a different hot spot to find them. Don't use your attract, otherwise you'll get Largemouth bass rather than the striped bass that will bite without an attract. :drunk

Typically there are three different challenge types per lake:

Catch XX lbs. in XX minutes.

Catch 5 XX Bass in 15 minutes.

Catch a 12,000 worth of XX Bass in XX minutes.

Which one you actually get is random, I was not able to find or predict a pattern.

• 3 weeks later...
Great guide, but the Lake Wylie quick challenge doesn't focus on Striped Bass, it actually focuses on Largemouth Bass. Unless I'm doing something wrong, that's all I'm catching on that lake.

the challenges differ as you start the lakes, just keep restarting your challenge until you get the one you want. the Lake Wylie quick challenge definitely does focus on Striped Bass.

great guide btw.

Edited by DreadfulCorpse

• 2 weeks later...

maybe you already know but when in the different tournaments when you go to the lure screen you cycle the lures with rb lb, on the top it names the different fish in the lake depending on the tourney challenge, that way you know exactly what fish you need depending on your extras for 15 fish

• 2 weeks later...
Can you replay tournament levels to get the "Fish Connoisseur" Achievement?

As I rarely catch the 'rare' fish, only the common bass...

No, you can not go back and replay tournaments. If you hook a common bass, I suggest cutting the line and trying again. Remember, when looking for 'rare' fish, never use ATTRACT.

No, you can not go back and replay tournaments. If you hook a common bass, I suggest cutting the line and trying again. Remember, when looking for 'rare' fish, never use ATTRACT.

Really? That will make it harder. I still have 6 - 7 fish I have not caught and I am already on the Medium Cup...

And I have never even seen some of the rarer fish ( Lake Sturgeon). Do they hang out in a particular place of the lake?

• 1 month later...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/687/+Db2Sw==.jpgNormal Cup Master 150 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete the Normal Cup Tournament.

Complete the Normal Cup Tournament to get this achievement. This will unlock after you finish the EASY Tournament. There are five events here you have to pass, each subsequent becomes available as you pass events.

1. Lake St. Clair - Catch 5 Largemouth Bass of at least 12" in 20 minutes.

2. Lake Amistad - Catch 3 4.5 star reputation or better Smallmouth Bass in 20 minutes.

The larger the fish (in it's class) the higher the reputation.

3. Lake of the Ozarks - Catch 6 fish on 19 minutes.

Any fish that are of legal size will do.

UNLOCKED: Jigging Frog

4. Lake Logan Martin - Get 10,000 points in 20 minutes catching ONLY Largemouth Bass.

5. Lake Okeechobee - Catch 30 lbs. of fish in 25 minutes.

Any fish that are of legal size will do. On this one ONLY go for the big fish (Largemouth), everything else is too small.

UNLOCKED: Jigging Clone-Tail Grub, Jigging Grub, Jigging Larva and Normal Cup Award.

Great guide Arrow, extremely helpful. I did notice something in my game that differed from your guide. I had to catch smallmouth bass for the first challenge on normal cup not largemouth. Is it different from game to game? Edited by Method

Great guide Arrow, extremely helpful. I did notice something in my game that differed from your guide. I had to catch smallmouth bass for the first challenge on normal cup not largemouth. Is it different from game to game?

You Sir are correct.

I consulted my notes (yes I still have them) because I ditched that game ages ago, and it is Smallmouth.

You get a GOLD Star and a cookie. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No, you can not go back and replay tournaments.

I have gone back in after finishing the tournaments to try and catch the remaining species and have caught all except for 3 according to the extra's page in game, but have not yet got my fish conn. achievement. Does this mean i will have to start a new game from scratch and catch them during the first run through the tourny's?

It doesnt look like you can have multiple saves, it asks to overwrite the previous save when i go create new.. Maybe i could save a second game to my memory card and do it that way?

If you have to catch all 15 during the first run through the tourny's maybe you should add that to the guide just to clarify it for everyone. It took me about 4 or 5 hours to get all the other achievements and have spent the same just trying to get this last one.

*edit* I started a new game saving to my memory card, went to the first easy tournament, caught 3 different fish (that i had already previously caught on my other save) and the achievement popped. I think it must have glitched out and given it to me as i was on a fresh save.

Edited by sneh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

any tips for getting the fish connoisseur achievement? i'm looking at the following fishes i missed and have no clue which map they are on. if anyone can help i'd greatly appreciated:

shoal bass

redeye basss

blackie crappie

brown bullhead

redear sunfish

white perch

lake sturgeon

perch

update: right when i got back to my game after typing this i got the achievement. full 1000/1000 now

Edited by mighty1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
quick question here!

for the 30 quick challenges, do you HAVE to play for the entire time of the challenge or can to retire as soon as you have coompleted it??

just that i dont fancy sitting through 30 x 12/15/20 or 25 minute sessions (thats like 10 hours or so)

any help greatly appriciated.....

U can definately retire once u have completed the objective, thats a fact! unfortunately u cant speed up annoying loading times which somewhat ruin the game. fishing is boring to begin with so excessive loading doesnt do the game justice.

lol, those challenges seem like they take forever as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...