Worth Buying?

Is the game worth Buying?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is the game worth Buying?

• Yes
    • No
    • Rent it and try it first

I have read the reviews on gamespot.com and here. So far I am not convinced. I am also seeing a lot of freezing problems on various forums.

So what I would like to see is player reviews. Upsides and downsides, or everything in between. What do you guys think so far? I wasn't impressed with double agent but enjoyed every Splinter Cell game prior, does this one redeem the series or is it another failure for Sam Fisher?

I'd say the game is a solid 7. It's fun and enjoyable. But stiff controls, sometimes overly dark areas when its black and white had me lost on where to go sometimes. Very short, and even though it's a series that built it's reputation on being "stealth". This lacks what the other title's had, but it's not gone entirely. You can still be stealthy, but when there is a shootout, the shooting mechanics are very bad. Probably my biggest gripe is the shooting.

It may not be worth buying, but it's definitely worth playing. I would at least rent it long enough to beat it, or buy it used from Gamestop and beat before the 7 day return thing is up.

Me and my buddy are playing it now and overall its a pretty solid game.

I voted for the rent option (with a purchase perhaps afterwards). While I think its a good game, it feels to me like a big break from the previous splinter cell games and really turned into more of a shooter. I felt with more of a linear approach to some levels along with hoards of enemies to take out (usually resulting in fire fights rather than picking them off one at a time like the old games) it may not be every stealth lovers favorite game.

Normally I'd say if you're a fan of the series its a must by but since this game takes a vastly different approach to gameplay that doesn't really apply. I've been with the series since the original and I love this game, easily up there with CT IMHO and I was happy to see the franchise mix things up by adding more of an action edge without totally abandoning the stealth aspect and I think it was executed (pun intended) very well.

If you're looking for a long SP experience and have no interest in the CO-OP portion of the game I'd say pass or give it a rent. If you're intested in seeing where Sams story goes after DA and are really into CO-OP then I'd say pick it up. If you're worried you wont get enough hours for your money dont be, there is more content in this game then the first 4 games had, and I'm not counting MP because thats really just replay factor not tons of extra content.

In the end though, if you weren't that interested in the game to begin with I don't think any of our opinions are gonna sway you. Actually, come to think of it, if you played and enjoyed Batman: AA there is a very good chance you'll like this because the style in gameplay is very similar.

Edited by XxReapaxX